Do you think you can catch Diego Sanchez in a submission?

There are probably only a handful of guys in MMA that can actually get him in a submission. He's a frckin' weird dude but he can straight up grapple. Well he used to be able to, when he actually used it during his fights.
Hes really not that great of a grappler anymore, Diegos grappling is pretty ineffective even when he tries to grapple with opponents who are good defensive grapplers.

The part that confused me the most was his insistence that mma media needs to watch the fight in slow motion to truly see all the great techniques and they basically have no right/shouldn’t talk about it until they do

it just reeks of something he came up with to avoid any real discussion
He made some real BS sounding points but also some that made sense, I feel that Diego being a veteran fighter is what makes his coach okay if Diego was green this wouldnt be the coach to go to. Honestly the main thing I agreed but also disagree with is telling Diego what to do. He said how dare I tell Diego when hes the veteran, this is true Diego knows what hes doing but Fabias job is to let Diego know what he doesnt think hes seen or isnt adjusting to mid fight he needs to be the second set of eyes more effectively

Lmfao you sir win an internet +1

F999.gif

Hes really not that great of a grappler anymore, Diegos grappling is pretty ineffective even when he tries to grapple with opponents who are good defensive grapplers.

Very true! However nobody has caught him in a sub in his professional career. His defensive grappling is still pretty good. I would bet very few, if any, sherdoggers could actually catch him in a submission. If Jim Miller, Joe Lauzon, and Michael Chiesa couldn't submit him that's a good indication the dude is hard to tap out. But you are right, his offensive grappling seems to be gone. He's head hunting, getting into brawls, and strutting around like a rooster..

Jesus man. Write a will, there's no way your heart is gonna hold up for long
I'm shredded bro, only reason i don't cage fight is for fearing i'll kill someone.

Hashtag Sherbro problems.

Im sure he could beat me up but now I am also sure I could get him involved in multiple pyramid schemes.
Have the guy selling Mary K and Rodan + Fields in less than 3 hours.

Even if you remove Diego s Brain completely, he would still mop the floor with anyone on sheepdog.

Very true! However nobody has caught him in a sub in his professional career. His defensive grappling is still pretty good. I would bet very few, if any, sherdoggers could actually catch him in a submission. If Jim Miller, Joe Lauzon, and Michael Chiesa couldn't submit him that's a good indication the dude is hard to tap out. But you are right, his offensive grappling seems to be gone. He's head hunting, getting into brawls, and strutting around like a rooster..
He seems pretty much un subbable to me.

Some guys are just too strong, squirmy and strong willed.

Diego has very good positional grappling, cardio for days (much easier to sub someone when they are too gassed to explode out), batshit crazy delusional will and self belief. Also- he has shown a willingness to use techniques such as the oil check, so in a pinch, who knows what he might grab, pinch or penetrate to get you to move.

I don’t think it happens. Even if it did, at this point it wouldn’t be a sub over Diego it would be a sub over Diego’s Jesus powered super corpse.

Maybe not be able to sub him but I'd KO the shit out of Diego.

6'10, 400lbs.
Liar!!!! blatant lies. I've you see you in person, and you look about 7'8'' in person.. wouldn't put you under 7'8'', 400 Ibs seems legit though, you looked around 400 with 1% body fat.

What was your max bench press again? I forgot, I remember it was around the 2,600 Ibs range, if memory serves me correctly

Back