Do you think you can catch Diego Sanchez in a submission?

dickcheney

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
In the Fabia Sanchez Helwani interview, ariel asked Diego to describe his meet cute with Fabia.

I don’t think this part of the interview is getting much attention here, hence the new thread.

Diego says it’s a great story and goes into the fun details.

Diego in a dark gym eyeballs Fabia floating through the gym
Diego: what do you do
Fabia: orchestrate movements in the dark

Diego and Fabia proceed to pummel and as Diego puts it they each start stepping up intensity...then....BAM Fabia catches Diego in a submission and diego becomes the student

they rest is history

Fabia getting a lot of shit, but do YOU sherbro se think you can catch an mma fighter like that in the wild???

this story alone shows Fabia is bringing something and should get respect

I challenge you to try and do this to the next mma fighter you see in the airport
upload_2020-2-20_8-15-20.png
http://m.espn.com/general/cast?id=16787314&src=desktop

Last edited:
Maybe not be able to sub him but I'd KO the shit out of Diego.

6'10, 400lbs.

In the Fabia Sanchez Helwani interview, ariel asked Diego to describe his meet cute with Fabia.

I don’t think this part of the interview is getting much attention here, hence the new thread.

Diego and Fabia proceed to pummel and as Diego puts it they each start stepping up intensity...then....BAM Fabia catches Diego in a submission and diego becomes the student

they rest is history

Fabia getting a lot of shit, but do YOU sherbro se think you can catch an mma fighter like that in the wild???

I challenge you to try and do this to the next mma fighter you see in the airport
View attachment 732401
image.png

crop_exact_Screen_Shot_2017-12-06_at_11.37.50_AM.jpg

I can't even tell if you're joking or if that actually happend. Diegos life must be one hell of a ride

Last edited:
Im sure he could beat me up but now I am also sure I could get him involved in multiple pyramid schemes.

Im sure he could beat me up but now I am also sure I could get him involved in multiple pyramid schemes.
Exactly hahaha.

Diego puts you in a triangle?...... You put him in a pyramid.

No I dont. His BJJ is on much higher level than mine.

they rest is history

View attachment 732401
Huh. An OMD fan.

Diego hasn't been submitted in mma and most likely wont ever be submitted in mma.

But I like my chances. <4>

There are probably only a handful of guys in MMA that can actually get him in a submission. He's a frckin' weird dude but he can straight up grapple. Well he used to be able to, when he actually used it during his fights.

Yeah is this is not a red flag for dana and the ufc to actually show they give a shit about fighters and not give Diego any fights I don't know what would be.

The guy was bat shit crazy when we first saw him on TUF 15yrs ago and the beatings he's taken have not helped.

not mma but ADCC:

I read an interview with Marcelo and he mentioned that he dragged the match out because he wanted to get some mat time in. You can see near the end when he amps it up and catches Diego.

not mma but ADCC:

I read an interview with Marcelo and he mentioned that he dragged the match out because he wanted to get some mat time in. You can see near the end when he amps it up and catches Diego.

Diego was only a freaking purple belt there. Maybe Marcelo carried him a little but FFS earlier in the tournament, Aoki couldn't last 2 minutes with Marcelo.

There are probably only a handful of guys in MMA that can actually get him in a submission. He's a frckin' weird dude but he can straight up grapple. Well he used to be able to, when he actually used it during his fights.
Josh Fabia got him to tap

Back