Do you think WMMA should be kept mostly separate?

it's the battle of the hotties. and yes it's silly, but most of us will still watch it.

UFC is all about entertainment, legit, well-deserved matchups are in boxing

That's how the world works. Above average looking girls get the world on a platter while men eat shit until they get appreciated.

No I don't. But they shouldn't force below average female fights onto the major cards just because.
Well that's kind of what I mean by "mostly"
I'm fine with the big fights being on big cards
Rousey, Holm, Tate, Cyborg? Sure sign me up, JJ as well. Any fight that's well matched, meaningful and has excitement potential.
It might serve as a decent tease to promote people who want to be hardcores into watching all female cards to spot the newest prospects or contenders first.

As it is right now many fans, not me but hte public opinion is clear, feel like it's being forced down their throats with amateur level bouts that they have no interest watching

To be clear, I think that all prospect and journeymen level MMA should be relegated to free-cards, with only the best prospects and fighters and contenders showing up on PPV

At least is not Ronda and her...

giphy.gif

Not at all. I like watching the girls fight. Obviously except for a few they're miles behind men's technique and experience but who gives a shit, they usually bring it.

Absolutely, it kills the momentum of a good card when some girls with D-level athleticism trade pillow fisted punches for 15 minutes

I remember when days when the thread would read "separate" without the "mostly" qualifier. This is progess people. Progress.

I would say that Im fine with them being on the same cards. It's one of the few sports where it does actually make some sense. There is still a large talent gap between the men and women, but that's something that will get better in time. Also, only having 2 weight classes, as well as Invicta and other women's divisions around dilutes the already diluted divisions. So some of the problems with the UFC division are just structural issues.

That being said though , i dont like shit shoved down my throat. There are TWO shallow ass women's divisions in the UFC...How the fuck do they get so many more fights and headliner spots than the other male divisions? Women headlined 200, 3 women fights with a co-co-main event on the NY card, The Fight Night Sac card, the Pena/Schvenko card, Ronda card, Holm/GDR card....they have no business headlining all of these cards. There are much more talented and deserving headliners. If they're going to be on the card then the card order, and number of female fights on a given card should make sense and be proportional to their numbers on the roster.

I would say that Im fine with them being on the same cards. It's one of the few sports where it does actually make some sense. There is still a large talent gap between the men and women, but that's something that will get better in time. Also, only having 2 weight classes, as well as Invicta and other women's divisions around dilutes the already diluted divisions. So some of the problems with the UFC division are just structural issues.

That being said though , i dont like shit shoved down my throat. There are TWO shallow ass women's divisions in the UFC...How the fuck do they get so many more fights and headliner spots than the other male divisions? Women headlined 200, 3 women fights with a co-co-main event on the NY card, The Fight Night Sac card, the Pena/Schvenko card, Ronda card, Holm/GDR card....they have no business headlining all of these cards. There are much more talented and deserving headliners. If they're going to be on the card then the card order, and number of female fights on a given card should make sense and be proportional to their numbers on the roster.
Good post

WMME seems to be super polarizing fans either love it to death or hate it

This isn't true. I've been at UFC events expecting to witness or feel this "polarizing" vibe. It isn't there. The UFC audience treats it like any other fight. If the fight is good, they love it. If the fight is bad, they don't. It's only polarizing on angry dude forums like this one.

Last edited:
Serious question, not a hate thread

WMME seems to be super polarizing fans either love it to death or hate it

Would anybody really hate it if at some point the UFC acquired Invicta-FC fully and just ran it like a WEC, only having the female mega stars on UFC cards while the rest got TV exposure ala WEC on versus back on the day?

Anybody?
Bueller?
Absolutely not. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The UFC doesn't care what a handful of emasculated whiners say. They don't care if they lose you because they will replace you with two more fans.

Oh look, it's this question again... nobody wants to pay for premium fights only to be forced to watch the UFC's equivalent of the WNBA.

Keep the oversaturation of WMMA out of the UFC!

I'm completely OK with having all WMMA cards, or only very rarely having WMMA fights on PPV cards, etc. I like WMMA, but it isn't my favorite part of the sport. For the most part it is a few fighters at the top of both divisions who get my attention.

That said, your claim that nobody wants to pay for WMMA seems baseless. For everyone complaining about the noticeably lower skill levels of many female fighters, someone else has become a huge fan. I think if the UFC felt there was little demand for WMMA they wouldn't be adding new women's divisions. My guess is that their metrics are showing plenty of willingness among their fans to pay to see women fight.

Back