Do you think WMMA should be kept mostly separate?

Wasnt the female TUF season with Ronda and Tate the most watched in recent TUFs?
http://www.mmamania.com/2013/10/17/...-female-ufc-fights-outdraw-male-bouts-fox-mma

I remember people getting salty when Rousey was breaking PPV records as well
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/12/...ks-to-have-topped-1-million-pay-per-view-buys

And Holly Holm in case people wanna say its only because Rousey that women do well in ratings.
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/7/2...c-on-fox-20-to-best-summer-ratings-in-history

Sherdoggers seem a bit out of touch with reality. Sherdogers like to hype Robbie Lawler and other guys like that who we all like,while shitting on people sherdog doesnt like, rousey for example, but then rousey destroys guys like lawler in ppv draws. This is usually followed by moving the goal posts to saying those viewers are casuals who dont know mma like we do so they dont matter

That's fantastic!

Then by all means put all the WMMA on their separate super popular cards and let us enjoy our less popular retro cards.

90% of WMMA is terrible but the other 10% is watchable.

I gave it a shot and have been trying my best to like it for years now, but at the end of the day I find 95% of the fights to be extremely boring and uninteresting. I'm not too bothered about it being on the UFC fight cards tho, its not like every card doesnt have a couple of boring male fights as well.

No, they are not.

Xgka5.gif

I don't get it he's triggered or you are?

If it were separated, i think WMMA would be an even smaller niche sport than MMA already is. It'd be in the same line as WNBA.

Invicta dreams of doing WNBA numbers.

• ATTENDANCE: The WNBA registered its highest attendance (1,561,530) since 2011 and the highest average attendance (7,655) over the same time period (a 4.6% increase over last year). The season was highlighted by record-breaking numbers for the Chicago Sky and Indiana Fever. The Sky set franchise records for average attendance (7,009) and single-game crowd (16,444) against the Los Angeles Sparks on July 13. The Fever had its highest average (8,575) since 2001, and boosted the second highest single-game attendance in franchise history of 17,704 on Sept. 18 for legend Tamika Catchings’ final regular-season game. Also this season, the Phoenix Mercury recorded the highest average attendance (10,351) for the franchise since 1999.
  • VIEWERSHIP: Combined ESPN and ESPN2 viewership was up 11% this season over last year (224,000 vs. 202,000). The season was highlighted by the season opener on ESPN between the Phoenix Mercury and the Minnesota Lynx, which delivered 505,000 viewers and delivered the highest-rated, regular-season WNBA game on the ESPN networks since 2011.
  • DIGITAL: WNBA.com set a record for traffic with average monthly unique visitors up 22% and video views up 50% over last season.
  • WNBA LEAGUE PASS: The league’s out-of-market live game streaming product saw a record 24% increase in subscriptions this year.
  • SOCIAL MEDIA: The league surpassed 12 million likes and followers across all league, team and player social platforms, growing by 20%, with the addition of three million fans from last season. The WNBA also achieved records with over 530 million impressions, and over 50 million video views, both metrics more than doubling last year’s mark.
  • MERCHANDISE: This season saw record sales on WNBAStore.com, an increase of 30% over last year with Breanna Stewart and the Seattle Storm capturing the top spot on the list of best-selling jerseys and team merchandise.

http://www.wnba.com/news/record-breaking-attendance-five-years-digital-social-retail/

How does that compare with the rest of MMA? And be honest. I just watched UFC Albany last week.
It's like 60/40 for the rest of MMA
I'd say WMMA is 80/20 for me

I said it earlier I think ALL prospect fights or journeyman fights should be on free TV unless A) They're trying to build a guy or B) It's a garunteed barnburner. MMA and WMM both. There are just less of those A,B scenarioes in WMMA than MMA

How does that ratio compare with the rest of MMA? And be honest. I just watched UFC Albany last week.

Probably 50/50 at this point for me. UFC has become too over saturated with D- level fighters. That being said generally the level of talent in the mens divisions is much higher at this current point in time.

Serious question, not a hate thread

WMME seems to be super polarizing fans either love it to death or hate it

Would anybody really hate it if at some point the UFC acquired Invicta-FC fully and just ran it like a WEC, only having the female mega stars on UFC cards while the rest got TV exposure ala WEC on versus back on the day?

Anybody?
Bueller?

I think you should probably be kept mostly seperate

I think you should probably be kept mostly seperate
Probably, honestly - they've been recommending that for ages.
Thanks for the contribution and serious and well thought out response.

It's like 60/40 for the rest of MMA
I'd say WMMA is 80/20 for me

I said it earlier I think ALL prospect fights or journeyman fights should be on free TV unless A) They're trying to build a guy or B) It's a garunteed barnburner. MMA and WMM both. There are just less of those A,B scenarioes in WMMA than MMA
I like this idea in theory, but then who headlines the TV events, or even goes to the shows if it's all prospects and and journeymen?
I actually think that the upcoming Sacramento card fits the description,( and I think that's a perfect TV card--with the exception of bout order) but I dont believe there are enough marketable prospects and journeymen to do multiple cards like that back to back. I think most cards would end up looking like the Albany card

As the DAMN GOAT poster on this DAMN site, it's clear to me when I hear from my disciples that we don't care for wmma. I hate that I have to sit through a couple of chick fights to get to the actual fights I'm interested in. Just do all wmma cards and see how much we don't want that shit man!

#GUERNICAbless

I like this idea in theory, but then who headlines the TV events, or even goes to the shows if it's all prospects and and journeymen?
I actually think that the upcoming Sacramento card fits the description,( and I think that's a perfect TV card--with the exception of bout order) but I dont think believe there are enough marketable prospects and journeymen to do multiple cards like that back to back. I think most cards would end up looking like the Albany card
Yeah that's a fair criticism of my idea, and I was going to say that this Sacramento card is a fantastic example of what free cards should look like
You could fill cards with local talent, you could have a single "Name matchup" to sell teh card - since that's what really sells cards in the first place. There are logistical problems with how I'd like the UFC to be structured, and I'm obvious not in marketing or qualified to have strong opinions about these things -but I think it's worth thinking about in a hypothetical sense just for fun. It's interesting to see how other fans would imagine the sports structure in their ideal world.

It's so bad that WMMA fans latch onto 'they are hot' which is so far from the truth and just pathetic.

Yes, the UFC should keep WMMA separate.

Women shouldn't fight men and vice versa.

Many female fighters benefit from being on such a big stage, but lack the expected skillset. Many men do as well, but they're there to see who separates himself from the pack, while some women keep getting coverage and fairly big fights despite losing over and over. Jessica Eye comes to mind. She's well known just because she gets exposure, not because she wins fights. That's the problem I have with some WMMA fights, the talent pool and the skill level isn't on par with the skill level fans expect, but keeping them sure helps grow women's fighting and that brings better talent, so I have mixed feelings.

I'd be in support of this.

I respect female athletes but I don't watch the WNBA, WMMA etc - nothing against it, but it doesn't interest me. So its irritating that my PPV dollars subsidize it when I literally take a coffee break when WMMA fights are on a card.

What would make the most sense - every third month, lineup a WMMA PPV card, and everyone gets what they want. WMMA fans get loaded cards, and those who aren't interested in it like myself, we skip those events and don't miss out on other key bouts when they are laced together.

You can pepper in some WMMA on the undercard of regular PPV events, and pepper in some MMA on the undercard of big WMMA events. Problem solved.

I'd be in support of this.

I respect female athletes but I don't watch the WNBA, WMMA etc - nothing against it, but it doesn't interest me. So its irritating that my PPV dollars subsidize it when I literally take a coffee break when WMMA fights are on a card.

What would make the most sense - every third month, lineup a WMMA PPV card, and everyone gets what they want. WMMA fans get loaded cards, and those who aren't interested in it like myself, we skip those events and don't miss out on other key bouts when they are laced together.

You can pepper in some WMMA on the undercard of regular PPV events, and pepper in some MMA on the undercard of big WMMA events. Problem solved.
Good post.

Many female fighters benefit from being on such a big stage, but lack the expected skillset. Many men do as well, but they're there to see who separates himself from the pack, while some women keep getting coverage and fairly big fights despite losing over and over. Jessica Eye comes to mind. She's well known just because she gets exposure, not because she wins fights. That's the problem I have with some WMMA fights, the talent pool and the skill level isn't on par with the skill level fans expect, but keeping them sure helps grow women's fighting and that brings better talent, so I have mixed feelings.
See I'm honestly of the opinion that Invicta-FC does more for the sport to a certain extent
Besides the obvious like Rousey, Holm and Cyborg (who does get covered on Fox and Espn from time to time through name drops). It could be handled better

Back