Do you think JDS still wants Overeem?

wow wait for him to fight again before you cain lovers say he took his soul

I agree. I love Cain and I was cheering for him hard, but dam, JDS is no joke guys. Just like Cain, he absolutely destroyed everyone he fought en route to winning the title. He will be back, and I would still be that he beats the everlasting shit out of Reem when they fight

u don't believe that right?

Overeem's takedowns are even more effective than cain's

YOU don't believe that right? Overeem is mega strong in the clinch and can get throws like that, but Cain's take downs are on a completely different level. He would do to Overeem what he did to JDS. The only difference is Overeem would tire faster and probably get finished

styles. make. fights. i was unaware overeem had the cardio and relentless td's of cain...a fight with overeem would be a completely different fight. i dont think getting gassed and grinded out against cain would make him less likely to want reem..

JDS got beat in the stand up by a smaller, undersized fighter that has shorter hands. He couldn't even check the leg kicks nor handle the knees to the body when Cain done him good. Now if that was Reem out there he would be done he'll get Uberknee and get his Legs kicked all day that is if he could survive the hands of the Reem.

Nope, Alistair is just a bigger stronger version of Cain...TS...

JDS can still stand with Overeem (Werdum did LOL). JDS was scared of Cain takedowns hence why he got "outstriked".

Overeem has a weak chin if JDS lands one shot its over.

Just like you said Cain has a weak chin if JDS lands one shot its over?

Who cares if JDS still wants Overeem. JDS lost and looked horrible against the wrassler Cain. Overeem will be fighting for the title after smashing Bigfoot.

JDS can go get KTFO by Hunt or Kongo.

You seem to be forgetting that JDS and Cain are 1-1 with each other, and Cain is a mixed martial artist, not a wrestler.

JDS would slaughter Hunt and Kongo, you can't be serious with that. Sometimes I hope that you're trolling. Last night you said Brock Lesnar would beat JDS... sigh.

I think the fight last night was a learning experience for Junior, he'll make improvements and come back stronger. That's what a champion does, and he showed us last night that the has the heart of a champion. Cain did not break him, Junior never even thought of quitting.

Styles make fights. JDS vs Reem would be a great fight, and I'll buy it.

Actually Junior should prefer a fight against overeem. If you read Junior's comments post fight, he was constantly watching for take downs which took away from his ability to implement his game. Overeem will be striking with Junior pretty much exclusively. I'm not saying that Junior has better stand up than Overeem (although I would hazard that he has a better chin) but it still a fight more within his comfort zone.

Overeem is notorious for taking down strikers. Overeem isn't a brawler, he always fights intelligently. He can outstrike anyone, but if he thinks he has an advantage on the ground, he'll take the fight there. I wouldn't count on JDS-Overeem strictly being a stand-up fight.

JDS can still stand with Overeem (Werdum did LOL). JDS was scared of Cain takedowns hence why he got "outstriked".

Uh, you could say the same thing about the Werdum/Overeem fight. However, unlike JDS, 'Reem actually won his fight implementing that technique. No need to mention the Werdum/Overeem fight, because it just made you sound like you were contradicting yourself.

I actually feel bad for the guy who has to fight Junior next. Junior's gonna kill him. And I believe JDS 100% would still want to fight Overeem.

jdsface.gif

u can see his soul literally slipping from his body

Damn that gif is awesome, JDS' face transforms into hamburger meat by the 5th round. As for the topic, let's wait to see how he does in his next fight before jumping to any conclusions.

im a professional soul reader and i clearly saw JDS's soul slip away somewhere around the 3rd round

Nope, Alistair is just a bigger stronger version of Cain...TS...

how do you figure? Overeem is a kickboxer with a good submission game and good TDD. Cain is primarily a wrestler with great cardio and a raw but pretty effective (at least offensively) striking game.

to me it seems like Cain broke him. there are fights where a fighter's prime is ended within a single night and I don't think we will ever see that confident, brash, young upstart JDS ever again, the one that thought he can stand with Overeem and challenge the Klitschko bros.

I don't think JDS will want, nor should he want, to step in the cage with Overeem for the immediate next fight

Umm no, Jds said he would be back for his belt. :p

Who cares if JDS still wants Overeem. JDS lost and looked horrible against the wrassler Cain. Overeem will be fighting for the title after smashing Bigfoot.

JDS can go get KTFO by Hunt or Kongo.

LOLOLOL yeah right.

wow wait for him to fight again before you cain lovers say he took his soul

Quit making assumptions. Nuff said.

jdsface.gif

u can see his soul literally slipping from his body

Aww man.. I was rooting for Cain but seeing him get beat this way was sad. :\ I am a huge fan of both haha and to top it all off the crowd boo'd him. -_-

THIS! Overeem could not finish Werdum who was constantly tagging him with small hits. If Werdum can do that... good luck with Junior.

lol Of course he does. Cain and Overeem are two completely different fighters. I doubt we'll see it right away since Overeem will more than likely fight for the title if he gets past Silva. But we'll definitely see that fight someday.

I don't get all this "Cain took JDS's soul." Cain overwhelmed him in the fight and put on a hell of a performance, yes. But we're already seeing that JDS wants to come back and show that he can do better. That, to me, shows no signs of a fighter that may supposedly be "broken". It's incredible how fast some people are righting off JDS.

JDS wouldn't have to worry about the threat of an Overeem takedown, which was why he was caught with that punch by Cain.

JDD still wants Reem and imo will still beat Reem if they fight. He got mauled and beat down by a guy with the highest work rate in HW history....shit happens. He is still young (28), will train his ass off and will be more prepared then ever.

I'm not saying he will beat Cain in a rematch, but he doesn't seem like the one and done type of fighter after staying in there until the final bell of a beatdown like that.

Back