Do you think JDS still wants Overeem?

to me it seems like Cain broke him. there are fights where a fighter's prime is ended within a single night and I don't think we will ever see that confident, brash, young upstart JDS ever again

When did Overeem's prime end? With Chuck? Arona? Shogun (either fight)? Sergei?

JDS was beaten soundly but he didn't even get finished. He's only 28. It's very premature to say he's already broken and past his prime.

As for your question, the Cain rematch tells us nothing about a JDS-Overeem fight. Cain and Overeem have very different styles, and Overeem would gas in 90-120 seconds if he fought like Cain did at the beginning of Cain-JDS Part 2.

Nope, Alistair is just a bigger stronger version of Cain...TS...

Yeah. Because the first thing you think of when you think of Overeem is a predominant wrestler with relentless GnP and a gas tank to bank. Come on...

of course he still wants to fight him. what a stupid question

yes. and i don't think that it's a forgone conclusion that reem gets past bigfoot so we could see jds vs reem sooner than later.

I bet he wants the belt back the most.

No...because he wants Cain. But if offered a fight with Reem would he take it, yes...do you think a fight with a wrestler made him scared of fighting a striker? Or anyone for that matter?

Considering this "broken fighter" stuck it out for 5 rounds, was still trying to make the fight go his way (despite it not happening), didnt lay down and let himself get finished, and asked for an immediate rematch...yea i think "broken" might be a touch over the mark.

JDS is still a monster, and will fight anyone, he got beat by another monster, and these two will meet again. Until that time, im sure youll see them both go on and handle anyone else that is thrown at them.

What I could see is, Reem beats Bigfoot and SOMEHOW the UFC turns that into Reem v JDS for title shot. Reem wouldnt be happy about it...but i can see it happening.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back