Do you think Dana is delusional or simply promoting Ronda?

FlyWin

Frank Mir on Headphones not given an f
@Brown
Reaction score
Pertaining to Ronda, you would often times think he is just promoting. However, I think most of the MMA community is increasingly exhausted and annoyed with the Mayweather talk. It seems to be the most irrelevant drivel being spewed out right now. Now look, I'm a Ronda fan all day, and have no fandom affiliation to Floyd, but I'm not that much of a hugger to say she would absolutely hurt him. Who really damn well knows, but it's trite and frivolous nonsense at the day's end.

Ronda is an amazing talent and easily one of my fav fighters going, but this is not helping anyone. I feel he is doing damage to her and his own reputation every time he opens his mouth about this superfight that will never happen. If anything it's just making people dislike Ronda more every damn time it is brought up.

So do you think Dana really believes his own talk or is he simply put...a Wolf Tickets wholesaler? I often times think he is both. To all Dana's accomplishments he doesn't strike me as an incredibly bright bloke. (not bashing)

And apologies if this is the 100th thread about this, I really haven't been active on here lately.

Simply OVERpromoting Ronda , to the point it has become sick

It's one thing to over-promote a fighter and a different one to go full retard every time you open your mouth about that fighter

Honestly, the Ronda vs Mayweather talk is stupid.

We all know Ronda can beat Cain Velasquez.

So what we should really be talking about, is Ronda vs the Klitschko brothers.

Simply OVERpromoting Ronda , to the point it has become sick

It's one thing to over-promote a fighter and a different one to go full retard every time you open your mouth about that fighter

It only seems like over-promotion because people like us are constantly surrounded with mma news. To the average fan, Dana may say 5 crazy things a month about Ronda and they'll hear maybe 1, so it makes sense to spam crazy shit.

He's for sure overpromoting her cause he needs to attach her name to someone big like Mayweather since her PPV flops

The thing is that he can go overboard since the amount of dumb MMA fans are relatively high, in that they know zero about fighting. This is something he wouldn't be able to do with other sports for sure since people aren't that ignorant.

Wolf tickets, especially how loud he's being.

Now we have no way of knowing for sure, but Dana has a bit of a history to go by.

1- He's smart, not some dumb MMA fan
2- He says a lot of stuff that's not true

So it's pretty obvious to me. He has found something that has grabbed a lot of public attention, CASUAL attention to be specific. And he's going to milk it for all it's worth.

Having said that, i don't think this is the right approach to be taking for MMA at this stage. It's a little low.

Why is it hard for people to grasp that if she gets close, she can use Judo to slam Mayweather on the ground and submit him?
He doesn't train to avoid Judo. What's the big deal?

everything he says about ronda elicits about 40 threads on here, days, weeks, months after he said it... he's over-doing it for a lot of people's tastes but it's working

I believe Ronda would probably beat Floyd in a MMA fight so not wolf tix in my book.

and it's only exhausting if you actually watch every stupid video Dana puts out.

He's promoting Ronda, he's promoting MMA, he's promoting the UFC...he's just not doing it as well as he could. The problem is he's just too aggressive about it.

I don't think he's delusion. A good argument could be made for the Rousey v. Mayweather fight either way. I don't think he was the originator of the fantasy fight, he's just doubled and tripled-down on it.

Think about it this way, if it were successful Rousey is mentioned in the same breath a Mayweather; some people look at MMA as the next step for combat sports; WMMA is seen as being legit, and worth watching.

The problem is Dana is Dana, so every conversation starts with "Lemme tell you somethin'...", he says fuck a lot and sounds like a fanboy rather than a businessman.

Also, it's the MMA Media who keep bringing the topic up. Rousey equals website hits. Controversial Rousey is money in the bank.

I think he is a very thirsty human being similar to Littlefinger for Sansa for all you Game on Thrones :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s there. Just an old man groupie trying to prove his worth and white knighting so he can smash one day since he knows a respectable girl he can't just pay money to hit.

To be fair to Dana here, at the press conference the reporters asked him about Ronda/Mayweather...

And they will again at the next one Im sure.

To be fair to Dana here, at the press conference the reporters asked him about Ronda/Mayweather...

And they will again at the next one Im sure.

he usually doesn't mind telling reporters to fuck off with their stupid questions!

Agreed that she could def beat Floyd, and I guess I understand the significance of talking about Floyd to make Ronda more noticed. But meh trying way too hard. It's like the equivalent of what WWE did with John Cena. No more throat shoving please.

Why is it hard for people to grasp that if she gets close, she can use Judo to slam Mayweather on the ground and submit him?
He doesn't train to avoid Judo. What's the big deal?

I notice there are a lot of "ifs" and "can" in your statement. That makes it easier to grasp, it can happen obviously. That doesn't mean it will.

There's a flip side to the argument too. Why is it hard to believe that mayweather is one of the greatest boxers of all time? he can avoid a strike and hit you back in a split second. He may be able to stop a judoka from closing the distance.

I think everyone agrees that Dana knows Rhonda would get slaughtered, so in that sense he's not delusional.

So many dumb people on here which allows Dana to act stupid like this.

Obviously if you know anything about fighting you know Rhonda has 0% chance. Even 1% is too high.

From the outset we already know what's gonna happen, and we already know facts.
1) she won't throw a punch because if she does she's dead by leaving herself open.
2) she can't walk forward cause she will die

If people can't walk forward and punch him what makes you think people can walk forward and grab him?

So if she can't do #1 & #2 well, we know what she's gonna do already. So she's already finished.

Any if's is totally delusional and mainly noobs

Last edited:
If she can get close enough to clinch him then he's close enough to punch her in the face, with smaller gloves. I don't like Mayweather but he would smash Rousey, he doesn't need to ko her on the first punch because the first time he connects she'll be covering and then he can take his time and pick her apart. He's way to fast for her.

Back