Do you think Aldo could finish Conor's opponents?

Conor made it look easy. How easily Aldo could finish them?
I think the better question to ask, is if Conor could defeat Edgar or Mendes (from the second Aldo fight).

But here is the other factor. When you're champ as long as Aldo, you not only have all targets on you, you also have a ton of video footage. The challenger has less to lose, and with each fight, you give potential challengers more ammo to use against you. You could write a book on the strengths and weaknesses of Aldo, at this point.

Conor, meanwhile, still has many question marks over the top of his head. There isn't enough to fully study on him, and there's no template for really defeating him. Anyone who has the task of beating Conor, either has to outwork him, or test new waters with the guy, to see where they can find openings. They're somewhat starting to show, but his competition hasn't been able to capitalize. This is why a higher ranked opponent would have been nice, but it is what it is.

This, among a number of other reasons, is why Mendes did so well in the second Aldo fight. We even saw him channel a bit of the TJ/Cruz style, in order to try and counter the more traditional MMA adapted muy thai that Aldo has. Conor is good, but I think Aldo defeats all of Conors opponents, as well as Conor.

We also haven't seen Conor's gas tank. Aldo was demolishing guys before he got the belt.

Then he did what every champ that wins consecutive title defences do and that's learn how to minimise his weaknesses.

Aldo would destroy Porier, sub Holloway, KO Brimage, Brandao, and Siver.

Aldo has finished higher ranked fighters then Conor has ever faced. Nough said.

Siver, slightly doubt it.

Porier, Holloway and Brandao, probably

I kind of doubt it. I'm a huge Jose Aldo fan, I've said I think he's #1 p4p and all that, but in the wake of Conormania, people have really just decided to pretend he's been some kind of finishing machine over the last few years.

His performance against Ricardo Lamas is a great example of that. I think he finishes Brandao, I think he takes a decision off Poirier and Siver.

Dustin P survives Aldo's counters LOOOL ok. We all saw what happened to Mendes when Aldo can land cleanly what do you think Aldo will do to someone with a shaky chin like Dustin. Siver will be beaten up so badly.

Why do people keep bringing up that Aldo finished Swanson? It was a lucky flying knee 8 seconds into the fight-could have happened to anybody. Cub never got a chance to show us what he could do. AND it was in the WEC.

Haha! Im guessing you started watching mma when you made your account? I dont want to sound like an internet asshole, but thats easily the top 10 dumbest post on sherdog ever.

People forget Aldos been fighting top contenders for years now

Conor finished the top 20 to Poirier
Aldo finished Mendes #1
finished Swanson #1

threadkiller2.jpg

I kind of doubt it. I'm a huge Jose Aldo fan, I've said I think he's #1 p4p and all that, but in the wake of Conormania, people have really just decided to pretend he's been some kind of finishing machine over the last few years.

His performance against Ricardo Lamas is a great example of that. I think he finishes Brandao, I think he takes a decision off Poirier and Siver.

Well said.

Cub never got a chance to show us what he could do.

He showed he can't get out of the way of a flying knee.

That's like saying Timmeh never got a chance to show what he could do against ray mercer. Or that dan hardy never got to show what he could do against gsp.

He could but that doesn't mean he would. Forcing the issue is not wise as a champion, the top priority is winning. No need for too many risks that could lead to a challenger taking your title and decreasing your future earnings.

Conor made it look easy. How easily Aldo could finish them?

man mma used to be cool. people used to take you seriously when u said you watched mma or train in certain arts.

Now its reported with wwe news.

I think he would have trouble finishing Holloway and maybe Siver.

The Faber fight was a finish in pretty much all respects. No legit doctor would have let that fight go on.

To answer TS's question, Aldo could finish any and all of McG's opponents. We might even see WEC Aldo flying shit because the threat wouldn't be the same as when he fights top tier guys like Mendes, Edgar, Lamas, and KZ. Aldo's lowest ranked opponent was KZ and KZ handily beat the toughest opponent McG has faced.

Lamas isn't easy to finish. Aldo has faced higher and higher level guys so it's not surprising he doesn't finish them all. If he fought lower level guys like Poirier and Siver, he'd have more finishes, ala McG.

what i really want to know is if McG can/could finish

#1mendes
former champion and #1 edgar

fighters that are clearly in front of him in the ranking,
before getting his tittle shot.

Do you think Connor would finish Mark Hominick? I do. Aldo fought him to decision. The Korean Zombie KO'd him in the first. Mark has lost his last four fights.

Back