Do you think Aldo could finish Conor's opponents?

hasar

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Conor made it look easy. How easily Aldo could finish them?

Of course he could finish everyone of them. The problem is that Aldo doesn't fight to finish anymore, he just dominates and outpoints his opponents.

Conor finished the top 20 to Poirier
Aldo finished Mendes #1
finished Swanson #1

I think he would have trouble finishing Holloway and maybe Siver.

He would murder Siver

I kind of doubt it. I'm a huge Jose Aldo fan, I've said I think he's #1 p4p and all that, but in the wake of Conormania, people have really just decided to pretend he's been some kind of finishing machine over the last few years.

His performance against Ricardo Lamas is a great example of that. I think he finishes Brandao, I think he takes a decision off Poirier and Siver.

Of course he could finish everyone of them. The problem is that Aldo doesn't fight to finish anymore, he just dominates and outpoints his opponents.

Did you ever think that's because he's not fighting the likes of Denis Siver and Diego Brandao? The guy has fought nothing but top contenders from multiple weight classes for the past few years.

Did you ever think that's because he's not fighting the likes of Denis Siver and Diego Brandao? The guy has fought nothing but top contenders from multiple weight classes for the past few years.

I'm Aldo's biggest fan (though I'm very pro McGregor as well), this guy could have finished Ricardo Lamas. That's the one fight I can't forgive him for.

I'm Aldo's biggest fan (though I'm very pro McGregor as well), this guy could have finished Ricardo Lamas. That's the one fight I can't forgive him for.

When has Lamas ever come close to being finished? Aldo definitely could have stepped on the gas a little more but I think he realized he might have blown his wad. Lamas kept coming till the very end and is known for being ridiculously tough.

Edit: finished the past few years, I meant

These guys would never make it to Aldo. If they gave Aldo squash matches like they did Anderson Silva it would all be easy finishes

The fact that aldo has never fought conors opponents cause they arent ranked high enuf to get a shot at the champ...that should speak for itself. Yay, conor is demolishing mid tier fighters. Congrats. Conor fans are going to implode when aldo beats him by unanimous decision.

Aldo doesnt really go for finishes anymore so, he would outpoint all of them.

Yeah,he finished Mendes,a guy that crushed everyone at FW besides him,but he wouldn't do it against guys that aren't even considered elite in the division...

I don't understand how it works in mma.Basically you can fight anyone ,even Cody McKenzie and if you win impressively you're considered the next big thing.But those people can't understand that to finish guy that are 100 times better it's not easy.

seriously?? Aldo has dispatched guys like Cub,Frankie,Mendes,KZ,Florian....the competition he has faced would bury Mcgregor's opponents

Easily. Aldo is constantly fighting the number one contender, and almost finished Mendes on several occasions.

I firmly believe Mendes or Edgar are the best FWs in the world outside of Aldo.

Why do people keep bringing up that Aldo finished Swanson? It was a lucky flying knee 8 seconds into the fight-could have happened to anybody. Cub never got a chance to show us what he could do. AND it was in the WEC.

Why do people keep bringing up that Aldo finished Swanson? It was a lucky flying knee 8 seconds into the fight-could have happened to anybody. Cub never got a chance to show us what he could do. AND it was in the WEC.

Lucky flying knee lol...WTF is that

Back