Do you think a lot of fighters visit these forums?

To be fair, some of the less popular ones do have social media reps post threads for them, like that Ian Mccall guy. Alan Belcher did one in the past too, I got put on his mail list for a little bit.

From what I recall GSP had someone handle his social media too. End of the day these guys are fighters not Politicians. All i care about is how they perform in the cage or in person when I meet them. I seriously doubt you will get to know anyone though twitter.

From what I recall GSP had someone handle his social media too. End of the day these guys are fighters not Politicians. All i care about is how they perform in the cage or in person when I meet them. I seriously doubt you will get to know anyone though twitter.

Yeah I don't really expect fighters to use twitter or facebook, it's a promotion tool to get interest. If they want to post their own stuff that's on them, but really you should have somebody manning your social media if you're a anyone in the spotlight.

If nothing else, solely for the benefit of deflecting stupid stuff you post by mistake. "Wasn't me, it was my PR guy. We totally fired him and got somebody new. Totes."

2u8gymq.jpg
wish we could see what that thread topic was.

Ofc, the "Shoop that incredulous Cormier" thread

I'd bet that a large percentage of them lurk here for sure. Think about if you were semi-famous... you'd be curious to see what people are saying about you.

We've all googled our names before... now imagine your search results pulled up 50 page threads based solely around you. You bet I'm checking those.

I'm sure guys like Gsp and Anderson could literally give a shit, but most ufc fighters are regular dudes living regular lives.

I wouldn't be caught dead posting if I was them, but I'd absolutely lurk like a motherfucker.

Ben Saunders before he got back in the ufc

To be fair, some of the less popular ones do have social media reps post threads for them, like that Ian Mccall guy. Alan Belcher did one in the past too, I got put on his mail list for a little bit.

ur av omg ahahha

Most will lurk, it's natural to want to know what people are saying about you.

If i was a fighter I'd be on here everyday with several aliases talking about how great I am. I'd start a topics about how awesome I am and login with another account and then agree. Solid.

lol

I would say with almost certainty that the vast majority of them do browse these forums and probably post under anonymous accounts.

It's only natural to seek public opinion/critique on decisions, performance, etc.

No, not so much. That place is actually worse than here in terms of troll infestation. Fighters lurk both places, but I think they seem to post there more because it's supposedly "the mma site".

Only because Dana has had Sherdog blacklisted. Blame Josh Gross all you want, but it's a shame because the Sherdog site and forum platform are a million times better and more technologically advanced

Of course they do, they come here to get ideas about game plans, to learn about PEDs, and to get constructive criticism about areas they need to improve upon. Sherdog is a great resource for fighters with all of the experts who post here. Or, they can read the forums if they need motivation to punch anyone and everyone.

Dana's fake accounts here outnumber all the pro fighters.

There are a lot of fighters that visit and read. If you're in this profession with millions of people watching, majority do care about what people think regarding they're performance or other aspects. They might not openly admit it but I know a lot of them do.

Back