do you root for controversial fighters?

Actions speak louder that words for the most part, so what turns me from fan to hater is things like crashing into a pregnant lady while driving high then running away.

Hi,
I usually stop rooting for a fighter as soon as he does something stupid. I liked Khabib, but after his comment on the French Prime Minister, I inmediately hope he get's KOd asap. Same with Greg Hardy, Conor and other guys that assault people (not being in the cage).

Are you guys able to seperate the fighter from it's views and flaws, or do you find it hard to be happy if a guy like Hardy wins?

You seem like a fun guy so I agree with you

Last edited:
I root for ones that cause Sherdog controversy because I feed on all your tears and self-loathing

Depend on the color of the fighter.
According to some crazy racebaiter here at least

I don't let behaviour outside of the cage affect my opinion of a fighter. I watch fights for fun not for politics. They can say or think whatever they want.

If they're hate worthy, I usually stop at ambivalence and just don't care about them anymore. Hate is too much work.

Controversy in on itself doesn't mean I'll hate them, though. T-Wood and Colby were both fine by me, for example. I usually appreciate gimmicks and characters.

Some yes and some not.
Guys I root for:

Colby (seems like a cool dude and obviously is acting so no hard feelings)

Chael(sane case as Colby and actually funny)

MVP - gets flamed for being cocky and still wins 99%of the time + always looks for the finish

Hi,
I usually stop rooting for a fighter as soon as he does something stupid. I liked Khabib, but after his comment on the French Prime Minister, I inmediately hope he get's KOd asap. Same with Greg Hardy, Conor and other guys that assault people (not being in the cage).

Are you guys able to seperate the fighter from it's views and flaws, or do you find it hard to be happy if a guy like Hardy wins?
Yes. Every one of these fighters are controversial in some way. I bet you a large demographic are homophobic. Most lean right. Most are conservative. Wouldn't surprise me.

That's something I don't like. Homophobia

It's not like normal sports. The type of stuff combat athletes can get away with saying, nfl/nba/soccer athletes can't get away with. Partly because of sponsors and partly it's less savagery.

Last edited:
depends

I lost all respect for Conor when he flew to America to commit an act of terrorism against a bus full of innocent people but became a fan of Werdum after he got into it with Tony & thumped Colby

After khabibs comments on macron i went from liking him to loving him

I hope Colby gets knocked out though because of his views on BLM and comments on Kadyrov

I mean, I ultimately want whatever moves and shakes up a division. For example, I really like Bobby Knuckles, but I was kinda hoping Cannonier would get a big win, despite Jared being completely fucking 'freemason' conspiracy theory retarded.

Depends on the guy. I root for Jones because I don't are about drug use. I don't root for Colby because I find his persona cringey to the point that I want to see him punched in the face.

If it's a gimmick like Colby, it doesn't bother me.

If it's Conor attacking buses, punching old men, and calling Khabib a "mad backwards cunt", then it bothers me.

I'd be a Kabib fan if not for the Islamic fundamentalism.

I can totally understand not liking controversial fighters but as a fan of the sport it will always be interesting to see the limits of the greats. For example I'm sure most people can agree that Floyd Mayweather and Jon Jones are pieces of shit outside of their sports but we will always tune in to see their fights to see what kind of masterclass they can potentially pull off this time.

Since a lot of the top fighters Are troubled guys with troubled backgrounds, I think we should expect some crazy behaviour. After all, we want to see savages.

still, Guys that seem to be straight through mean, I will stop rooting for. I used to be a fan of Khabib, but the exploiting and bullying of the homeless guy, made me stop being a fan.

Back