Opinion Do you, or would you support a president that you didn't vote for?

Do you, or would you support a president that you didn't vote for?

• Total voters

Steve-French

What A Rush!!!
@Gold
Reaction score
Shouldn't this be a rational way of thinking? You don't have to agree with all of the presidents policies, but you should want what's best for your country and want whoever is in office succeed regardless of their party affiliation.

I didn't vote for Bush, but I wanted him to succeed. I voted for Obama, but I didn't like all of his policies and thought there were things he could have handled better. I think Trump is doing a decent Job even though he doesn't act like the most professional person at times. I will vote for him over Biden in November, but will still support Joe if he gets elected.

Last edited:
Don’t see how this is a difficult question.

Depends what "support" means, though. To some people, "supporting" Trump means spinning or outright lying about his corruption and incompetence. No one should do that. But "support" in the sense of "hope he gets his shit together," of course.

Depends what "support" means, though. To some people, "supporting" Trump means spinning or outright lying about his corruption and incompetence. No one should do that. But "support" in the sense of "hope he gets his shit together," of course.

I take the conditional “would” you support him to mean in any circumstance. And the answer is of course, I am not a member of the Republican Party in the obama years.

Ultimately, yes. I'm an American and I want my country to succeed. Criticizing politicians and debating politics with other people is a great thing. As horrible as a Hillary Clinton presidency would have been, if she had been elected I would be rooting for her to succeed. Yes, even her. Now Biden is not the guy to get this country back on it's feet and the American people may be weary of Democrats in power considering their behavior the past three years, but if he gets in I'll be rooting for Joe to succeed ultimately.

I take the conditional “would” you support him to mean in any circumstance. And the answer is of course, I am not a member of the Republican Party in the obama years.

Lol... I do find myself getting a little more conservative as I get older. I can admit that. Trump was the first republican I ever voted for since I became of voting age in 1998.

Last edited:
I voted for Hillary in 2016 (and Obama in 2012 and 2008), will be voting Trump this year. I thought a Trump presidency would basically be a third W term, that Trump wouldn't want to rock the boat with China. I was wrong.

Cut taxes for rich people, lift environmental regulations. Ya know, basically the stuff Bush did. lol at anyone who thinks building a wall or having a trade war are on Trump's high-priority list.

Yeah, I think Trump's presidency would basically be W Bush 2.0 -- massive tax cut for rich people, reduced environmental protection, and no increases in the safety net. If you're the Republican establishment, that's pretty good. There wouldn't be any wall built, there wouldn't be any ban on Muslims, and there wouldn't be high tariffs. The only big difference between their administrations would be that Trump may not deceive the country into a disastrous, unnecessary war.

I support Trump but I didn't vote for him in the PRIMARIES. I was going to vote for Rand Paul but he dropped out so I voted for Benjamin Carson.

I did vote Trump over Hillery though.

I voted for Hillary in 2016 (and Obama in 2012 and 2008), will be voting Trump this year. I thought a Trump presidency would basically be a third W term, that Trump wouldn't want to rock the boat with China. I was wrong.

Was Obama the softest againts China or W.Bush Jr. softer from what I remember W is all about crushing Iran and sanctioning N.Korea calling them Axis Evil but he does not mention China as an agressor.

I think Ws agenda was to let China do its thing so China wont interfere if they attack Iran?

But then it seems the whole war on terror became unpopular and then recession happened so the Iran intervention lost steam.

It shouldn't be a difficult question, but there are a lot of people out there that would rather have the country fail than have Trump as president.

Shouldn't this be a rational way of thinking? You don't have to agree with all of the presidents policies, but you should want what's best for your country and want whoever is in office succeed regardless of their party affiliation.

I didn't vote for Bush, but I wanted him to succeed. I voted for Obama, but I didn't like all of his policies and thought there were things he could have handled better. I think Trump is doing a decent Job even though he doesn't act like the most professional person at times. I will vote for him over Biden in November, but will still support Joe if he gets elected.

No. Your question seems to ask if I would just blindly support a President. And fuck no I wouldn't. It would go by policy for each and every President. Obama did ACA. Parts of it are ok but he bent over backwards too much for the Republicans. We could have had a M4A instead. Trump hasn't done a god damn thing right. But if the guy passed M4A I would support that definitely. And I would still call the guy a moron because he says and does stupid shit all the time.
And if it was a President that I did vote for and they constantly shit the bed I wouldn't support them either.

This is the single biggest difference between the left and right in the USA.

The left would rather see the country burn, lie, hate, label, accuse and do or say anything to hurt the opposing party when in power. See the insane TDS out there and in this forum.

The right will bitch, complain, discuss different religious and doomsday scenarios if the opposing party stays in power but grudgingly goes along with supporting the country and doing what needs to be done.

Simple facts.

Was Obama the softest againts China or W.Bush Jr. softer from what I remember W is all about crushing Iran and sanctioning N.Korea calling them Axis Evil but he does not mention China as an agressor.

I think Ws agenda was to let China do its thing so China wont interfere if they attack Iran?

But then it seems the whole war on terror became unpopular and then recession happened so the Iran intervention lost steam.

Bush and Obama were both patsies for China. Under Bush each year the trade deficit with China was higher than the previous year except Bush's first year (2001). Under Obama the trade deficit with China was higher than the previous year twice: Obama's first year (2009) and 2016.

https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c5700.html

I dont vote, but its possible a president could win me over after getting elected. Still waiting.

This is the single biggest difference between the left and right in the USA.

The left would rather see the country burn, lie, hate, label, accuse and do or say anything to hurt the opposing party when in power. See the insane TDS out there and in this forum.

The right will bitch, complain, discuss different religious and doomsday scenarios if the opposing party stays in power but grudgingly goes along with supporting the country and doing what needs to be done.

Simple facts.

Not factual at all. The Retarded Right will not go along with shit. In fact they are worse than the left in this regard. Look at all the gun toting retards against the lockdown. All the morons that are still so against the ACA. If we want to talk about politicians its the left who keeps folding for the right and not the reverse. The right never compromises and will throw a fucking tantrum 8f they don't get their way.

Not factual at all. The Retarded Right will not go along with shit. In fact they are worse than the left in this regard. Look at all the gun toting retards against the lockdown. All the morons that are still so against the ACA. If we want to talk about politicians its the left who keeps folding for the right and not the reverse. The right never compromises and will throw a fucking tantrum 8f they don't get their way.

Did you cry when you wrote that? Thanks for proving my point ; )

What the fuck?

You were right. It has been GWB 2.0, except with exponentially more corruption and ineptitude.

What in the heavenly fuck could make you think Trump hasn't slashed taxes for the wealthy (more than GWB), slashed environmental protections and economic regulations (more than GWB), and engaged in needless deficit spending to fund his giveaways to the rich (worse than GWB)?

All of the sudden you don't care about any of those central domestic policy considerations because of the topic of trade deficits with China? A topic you (and 99% of people) have no knowledge about and weren't interested in at all until dip shit nationalists like Trump started illiterately screaming about it?

By all individual and performative measures (not, mind you, the performance of the country in spite of him), Trump has been a worse president than GWB, who was himself one of the worst presidents ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back