Opinion Do you know anyone who has put their life on hold because of the US elections?

Jake the Muss

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
On the night of the 3rd, I didn't care who won and was able to get a decent night's sleep.

However, when I woke up on the 4th I got sucked in and consumed by the news. On the 5th, I was playing catch-up and barely looked at the news, and now today (6th) I am talking to people who are still consumed by the delay the same way I was on the 4th.

Is anybody else noticing or experiencing this type of paralysis? Does this have a name? Like anticipatory anxiety or something?

Personally, I have been pretty anxious and havent slept much since the 3rd. Im all in on Trump and its clear a lot of our country feels the same way. I believe there has been mass voter fraud across this country from jealous dems. The reality is Donald Trump has performed better than anyone anticipated these past 4 years and we wont accept this fraud. Ill be moving asap of America accepts this fraud. Supreme court will elect Trump im sure of it.

My life is on hold because of Corona and since April I've worked from home and sick of it. So election was just more of the same only glued to TV instead of VoIP and my computer. I don't travel Dont even go to the park. Just stores for necessities and home. Probably have PTSD or something.

To a small extent. I'm working from home anyway so that's not new but there was something of a malaise while I waited for enough votes to feel certain about the outcome.

Today, I'm not really doing anything except posting on Sherdog and watching tv. I'll end up making up the hours tomorrow when the coverage has, presumably, died down somewhat.

Its hilarious how worked up Trumpers are. Even the (R) politicians are acting like children. I compare this to MMA fight where everyone exspected the underdog to lose, but he was winning the early rounds, then gets KO'd in the 5th round.
If mail in was counted first, none of this would be happening because the Trumpers wouldn't have had that early sliver of hope.

Really makes people who were too young in 2000 appreciate what an ass Al Gore was instead of gracefully bowing out and admitting defeat

Oil and Gas...

Coronavirus has put our lives on hold. At least the more "fun" parts

This Election is just as tiresome as this entire year has been

Ready for both to end

Went to bed early at like 930 on the 3rd and have been sleeping like a baby all week. I've actually been checking the news less than normal because I really don't care about all of the details. Looks like it's a 99% chance it's Biden so who cares if every single vote isn't in yet.

I haven't put my life on hold by any means. Though checking for updates every couple of hours has become a regular thing. I'm more than ready for it to be over though & for Joe to be officially announced as the President-Elect.

On the night of the 3rd, I didn't care who won and was able to get a decent night's sleep.

However, when I woke up on the 4th I got sucked in and consumed by the news. On the 5th, I was playing catch-up and barely looked at the news, and now today (6th) I am talking to people who are still consumed by the delay the same way I was on the 4th.

Is anybody else noticing or experiencing this type of paralysis? Does this have a name? Like anticipatory anxiety or something?

I didn't watch a damn thing on the 3rd. I told every I knew to leave me out of election updates. I wanted to sleep peacefully. I did. I was never affected by this paralysis only because work won't allow me.

I need to get my car in the shop.

Beyond not really being able to afford it, I've been procrastinating because this shit is all so juicy.

Really makes people who were too young in 2000 appreciate what an ass Al Gore was instead of gracefully bowing out and admitting defeat

The Florida recount was state law. Bush is the one who specifically fought to prevent it from happening.

Now the same people who supported not doing a recount for a vote margin of 537 are demanding recounts in stated with much larger margins.

Back