Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Opinion Do you know anyone who has put their life on hold because of the US elections?

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Jake the Muss, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Jake the Muss Black Belt

On the night of the 3rd, I didn't care who won and was able to get a decent night's sleep.

However, when I woke up on the 4th I got sucked in and consumed by the news. On the 5th, I was playing catch-up and barely looked at the news, and now today (6th) I am talking to people who are still consumed by the delay the same way I was on the 4th.

Is anybody else noticing or experiencing this type of paralysis? Does this have a name? Like anticipatory anxiety or something?

2. IDGETKTFO White Belt

Its all a plot to raise network numbers. The votes are purposely being slowed down so breaking news can keep happening.

3. Jake the Muss Black Belt

The wait is exhausting.

4. IDGETKTFO White Belt

And amusing.

5. 13 others Yellow Card Yellow Card

Personally, I have been pretty anxious and havent slept much since the 3rd. Im all in on Trump and its clear a lot of our country feels the same way. I believe there has been mass voter fraud across this country from jealous dems. The reality is Donald Trump has performed better than anyone anticipated these past 4 years and we wont accept this fraud. Ill be moving asap of America accepts this fraud. Supreme court will elect Trump im sure of it.

LukeSkyrocker likes this.
  6. LukeSkyrocker Purple Belt

Right wing person

7. LukeSkyrocker Purple Belt

Left wing person

8. 12ga. Silver Belt

My life is on hold because of Corona and since April I've worked from home and sick of it. So election was just more of the same only glued to TV instead of VoIP and my computer. I don't travel Dont even go to the park. Just stores for necessities and home. Probably have PTSD or something.

Cuauhtemoc likes this.
  9. THEfightsAREfixed you can do it

I’ve been masturbating pretty much nonstop

Sakurabaism likes this.
  10. panamaican Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

To a small extent. I'm working from home anyway so that's not new but there was something of a malaise while I waited for enough votes to feel certain about the outcome.

Today, I'm not really doing anything except posting on Sherdog and watching tv. I'll end up making up the hours tomorrow when the coverage has, presumably, died down somewhat.

Jake the Muss likes this.
  11. IDGETKTFO White Belt

Its hilarious how worked up Trumpers are. Even the (R) politicians are acting like children. I compare this to MMA fight where everyone exspected the underdog to lose, but he was winning the early rounds, then gets KO'd in the 5th round.
    If mail in was counted first, none of this would be happening because the Trumpers wouldn't have had that early sliver of hope.

12. Yehudim Purple Belt

Really makes people who were too young in 2000 appreciate what an ass Al Gore was instead of gracefully bowing out and admitting defeat

Sakurabaism likes this.
  13. Cajun A Cajun Traveler: Something of a Novelty... Platinum Member

Oil and Gas...

Snackbar likes this.
  14. Brother Numsi Black Belt

Coronavirus has put our lives on hold. At least the more "fun" parts

This Election is just as tiresome as this entire year has been

Ready for both to end

12ga. and Jake the Muss like this.
  15. Headkicktoleg Yellow Card Yellow Card

Went to bed early at like 930 on the 3rd and have been sleeping like a baby all week. I've actually been checking the news less than normal because I really don't care about all of the details. Looks like it's a 99% chance it's Biden so who cares if every single vote isn't in yet.

Brother Numsi likes this.
  16. sweetviolenturg Silver Belt Professional Fighter

I haven't put my life on hold by any means. Though checking for updates every couple of hours has become a regular thing. I'm more than ready for it to be over though & for Joe to be officially announced as the President-Elect.

17. Ophydian Red Belt

I didn't watch a damn thing on the 3rd. I told every I knew to leave me out of election updates. I wanted to sleep peacefully. I did. I was never affected by this paralysis only because work won't allow me.

18. BEER 1312 Platinum Member

I need to get my car in the shop.

Beyond not really being able to afford it, I've been procrastinating because this shit is all so juicy.

19. blaseblah Steel Belt

The Florida recount was state law. Bush is the one who specifically fought to prevent it from happening.

Now the same people who supported not doing a recount for a vote margin of 537 are demanding recounts in stated with much larger margins.

20. Voodoo_Child906 Black Belt

@Limbo Pete hasn't slept yet, or maybe just a couple hours.

Limbo Pete likes this.