• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Do you hold Anderson Silva's positive PED test against him?

Do you hold Anderson Silva's positive PED test against him?

• Total voters
It's actually nice to get a poll option that specifically says oh herp derp he used it to heal his leg. It lets us know who we can disregard completely when this topic comes up. Because as you said, we've known for some time the ped he popped for isn't something you would use to heal an injury like that.

It's purely a coping mechanism from his fans. Just like the Jones fans still buying the gas station dick pill excuse.

The same idiot will defend Jones and pecogram eye poking and fleeing the sport after getting exposed by men his Size...!

But but a HW move... decade + later!

waiting-skeleton.gif

Fucks sakes I'm tired of having to explain that the PED Silva popped for is NOT a steroid they would prescribe for a complete bone break, in fact, the PED he popped for(on his very first random no less) actually has long term side effects of calcium leakage from .....the bones!

So the PED he popped for, is actually probably the PED he's used since PRIDE, you know, the organization they actively told people to roid for, and the organization he legitmately looked like he was not only on PED's but diuretics.

Also is the majority of people attempting to save face for Silva forgetting the fact that not only did he pop on his VERY FIRST RANDOM, but that he's a MULTIPLE time PED popper, with his 2nd test, coming back with TWO different illegal substances?

Because it's awfully funny to me that no one acknowledges that, no one acknowledges that he popped on his first random, and that Silva's career coincidentally nose dived into a 8/9 losses(should be 9/9)?

When other GOAT candidates face far more suspicion, even when some of them NEVER popped, and actively advocated not only stringent testing, paid for some of their own more stringent testing, advocates for unions, and tried to make this sport far more safer than what it was?

Yet Jones gets backlash for both of his failures(and more), GSP faces backlash because, according to hating, Silva fanbois, "RaN fRoM uSaDa!" Even though GSP was the one to advocate for stringent testing, and offered to pay for some of his & his opponents, out his pocket, AND that USADA wasn't implemented until a FULL YEAR & some months after his first retirement.

Plus he actually finished the guy that beat Silva, while testing clean his entire career, to become a 2 division champion, yet GSP faces the MOST undeserved criticism and revisionist history by Silva & casual fanbois about this exact situation, accusing him, while not only giving erroneously giving a Silva a pass on a calcium leaking from bone steroid that they wouldn't give for bone breakage, AND completely forgetting his 2nd, two different PED popping failure.

If Jones is ineligible for #1 GOAT because x2 failure, then Silva cannot be GOAT with double digit losses AND x2 failures.

If PED's DON'T count, then Jon Jones is GOAT and if they DO count, & I'd say they rightfully do (while else even test then?) Then GSP is #1GOAT.

So either way, Silva has zero claim to #1 GOAT.
<seedat>

<BC1>

Please... make it make logical & rational sense, without revisionist history. You can't, and yet they've continued to try for a decade.

<WhatItIs>
<{hughesimpress}>

You'll find that at least half of Sherdog has no use for your fancy-schmancy facts, truth, logic and common sense. Their feelings are facts, ya know.

Can't say it doesn't matter, but it doesn't change my view of him. He's one of greatest of all time, end of.

Of course I hold it against him. I learned my lesson in 1988, and the Olympic Games. I had seen every Ben Johnson race live on tv for three years leading up to that. I was proud that a Jamaican/Canadian was the fastest man on the planet.

He was literally setting new World Records in almost every big race (WC etc). And he annihilated the rest of the field in the Olympics. Literally coasted across the line with his hand in the air for a 100M race.

Then he popped. He lost his gold medal, lost his WC golds, and lost his world records. There was a full blown public government inquiry in Canada because of it.

If you cheat how can you hold your head up and take credit for what you achieved? The answer is simple.. YOU CAN’T.

Since Ben Johnson I have always had a very clear idea of cheating in sports. Yes, Ben Johnson was literally the fastest human being in history at that time. But, the whole world condemned him for cheating, and it should be obvious why.

No ped cheat will ever get an ounce of respect or credit for their fake accomplishments from me. And as a lifelong athlete, and including Int’l competition. My best placing internationally was 4th. But at least I know I didn’t cheat to get there.

And why would I ever want to place higher knowing I cheated? That’s like cheating at a game when you’re playing against a child. There is ZERO sense of accomplishment or honour in that.

Discrediting someone for peds back in the Day?
The biggest hypocrisy. All of them juiced. Including the guy he broke his leg against
Its so narrow minded that it looks more like an excuse for people who defend someone else as goat

Will banning PEDs like TRT make the sport fairer as is the argument for banning them? No, because you can't account for everything else the athletes do to hopefully give them "advantages" over their opponents like differences in training, training facilities, nutrition, coaching, etc.
Not only is that dumb as shit, it's "more fair". Good luck with that degree if you got it.

I didn't vote because you didn't leave the option for the almost variable. I only take it into account for discussion with Fedor. I have Silva as a close second in GOAT

I actually could not choose from the poll. Its a good point that he was recovering from a broken leg. For sure it discredits him but not in the way that Jones legacy is ruined from his constant ped use. Jones had very close fights vs Gus and DC on the peds and would have likely lost those fights. With Andy, its only one strike after a broken leg.

I think it’s silly that people disregard a fighters entire record if they pop. Probably one of the most childish excuses.
Not sure if serious. You realise they "enhance performance" and that its cheating. Mind blown. Cheating is ok on sherdog.

Many athletes have juiced, and will juice regardless of USADAs presence

Years ago the PED usage was rampant, I don't hold it against him or many others. Ether USADA needs to try harder to be damn near perfect now, or just not be utilized at all in my opinion

No amount of steroids can give the reflexes he had. So, no.

I don't hold it against them. You do your time and it's a clean slate. If you're going to hold it against Jon then you have to hold it against TJ, silva, Ortega, Diaz, gastelum. Thc is against the rules just like roids

I don't care. Do your time if you pop then come back.

I actually could not choose from the poll. Its a good point that he was recovering from a broken leg. For sure it discredits him but not in the way that Jones legacy is ruined from his constant ped use. Jones had very close fights vs Gus and DC on the peds and would have likely lost those fights. With Andy, its only one strike after a broken leg.
See my earlier reply. How y'all keep pretending like this is a real thing is amazing.

See my earlier reply. How y'all keep pretending like this is a real thing is amazing.

You can't assume he was dirty for the tests he passed if you don't assume that for every fighter ever. Pissing hot once doesn't make you dirty for your entire career - the same as never pissing hot doesn't equate to being clean. Steroids are used for recovery. He pissed hot in the immediate fight after breaking his leg. That's a fact, that's a real thing. You pretending that it isn't real or that it means something else is not being real.

That said - they're all on some shit. Every single one of them. Always have been, always will be.

You can't assume he was dirty for the tests he passed if you don't assume that for every fighter ever.
Late 2010-early 2011. Do all the mental gymnastics you want there. Also, every fighter ever wasn't dumb enough to have PEDs in their house on camera.

He pissed hot in the immediate fight after breaking his leg. That's a fact, that's a real thing. You pretending that it isn't real or that it means something else is not being real.
I posted a video of it in plain sight. YEARS before the leg break. Please keep up, this is old news.

Back