Do you have get togethers for UFCs?

every ppv me and my friends all throw in on it and turn it in to a party during and after haha

Almost nobody cares about MMA in Germany. No get togethers for me.

Invite friends over who actually enjoy the fights but nothing big

Sometimes, quite a lot actually.

Only have a couple friends into MMA. So there is usually 3 of us watching every event.

Used to, harder now because I moved out to the country and don't feel like driving an hour just to go somewhere and not drink.

Used to bet shots on fight outcomes, and you can do that at the bar.

we don't drink, but we do roll or spar based off of fight outcomes.

it really helps if the card sucks, watching our friends smash each other in the face makes up for it haha

I used to invite my mooching friends over for every event from ufc 40-103 and every PRIDE/Affliction/SF in between. there were some cool moments, but it was torture for the most part. I cut them off because i'm one of those loner/sociopath types (they were also DEEP into hard drugs and we were growing apart). now I enjoy the events so much more and I can actually hear the commentary.

I've watched 2-3 events at Hooters or BWW, and it fuckin sucks. way too many tapout/affliction douchebags, no offense

Glad to see I'm not the only one throwing get togethers anymore haha. I was expecting everyone to tell me "that's so 2008".

I'm going to start collecting people, I hope people don't mind if I make UFC get together threads a regular thing similar to my "unexpected" threads. Good way to pass time before the card.

I don't have any friends so no.

tumblr_inline_mok1pmkTzW1qz4rgp.gif

I had gotten together between 6-8 people (friends/family) for almost all of the fights the past few years the last being Jones/Glover. I just moved cross country though last weekend for a job so I think those days are over, atleast for the moment.

Once in awhile yes, for big cards.

Mostly watch by myself though.

These days I have a get together about 2-4 times per year, for the big ppvs.

I have people over for every PPV, sometimes free shows as well. I enjoy watching fights by myself but I enjoy it a lot more when I have a lot of people watching with me. Have a sweet little set up with three TVs and mass seating in my basement.

Most of them don't care whose fighting really.

Not anymore. Did around 2010/2011. No one that I know watches it anymore.
This. 2007-2011 here.

Nowadays, I'll tell my brothers or friends about an upcoming event and they always ask me the same thing every time... Who's fighting? Who's that!?

I too had an enormous one for Silva vs Sonnen 2. The last really big one was Hendricks vs Lawler, but it wasn't as big as 148

what makes you decide to order a card or not?

My friends are casual fans, so they only get interested for the big names like GSP and Anderson. Other than that we order cards if it lines up with other things we are doing. If we happen to be together and an event is on, we might order it. I watch all the cards though one way or another.

I order them all. Brother n law comes with his 2 kids. Women talk for 5 hours, we order pizza, kids run through entire house with dog chasing them (usually in front TV with loud ass laser guns). Then right before main event, kids are cranky and screaming (still in front TV), women are asking if it's over yet and how many more, because they have a whole day of absolutely nothing to do in the morning ... judging by the dishes and clothes piled up. They leave and I say don't invite them again, 3 weeks later they back.

None of my friends are as into mma as I am, which is why I have sherdog. I will meet up with a few friends at bars usually.

Usually Tuff-N-Uff has viewing parties at at Larry Flynt's Hustler Club once every 5-6 weeks. Outside of that I just go to whichever gym-house is viewing it and throw in $5.

Reading these post is saddening has the ufc really gone so low?

Back