Do you have get togethers for UFCs?

digitalman45

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I try to have a get together for every event with a rotating line up of like 10 or so people. Gives everyone something to look forward to during the months and makes buying PPVs easier.

I'm having a one tonight for Brown vs Silva with some new folks. Anyone else? What are your traditions? How many people do you usually have? Do you do any betting?

My friends and I meet up at hooters or BWW and if we don't do that we watch them online and fb during events. I met up with a few guys from my fb group when UFC came to boston this past august as well.

I don't have many friends who are willing to stay up til early in the morning for combat sports so i just watch it with a group of friends(mostly US) on Skype. Except for the events during European time.

My friends and I meet up at hooters or BWW and if we don't do that we watch them online and fb during events. I met up with a few guys from my fb group when UFC came to boston this past august as well.

I actually run a facebook page to organize the get togethers and for when we can't get enough people out. We'll have a group chat while everyone watches.

My ultimate goal is to see a UFC live with the group.

No, I hardly know anyone who's willing to watch UFC in the morning.

I do have a few for football games though.

Not anymore. Did around 2010/2011. No one that I know watches it anymore.

Watch it with casuals. About 6-8 usually. One is a close follower like myself. The others just socialize and bug me the entire event because I'm trying to concentrate on the fight. I don't mind socializing when a fight isnt happening but damn its annoying during.

I actually run a facebook page to organize the get togethers and for when we can't get enough people out. We'll have a group chat while everyone watches.

My ultimate goal is to see a UFC live with the group.
That's awesome man. Pm me the link

Not usually. About 3 or 4 times a year I watch the PPV with a few friends. We usually go to a bar, but occasionally order them. We are more likely to order in the summer. Play golf, have BBQ, then order fights. The last time we had a big gathering was for Silva vs. Sonnen 2. About 20 people, but most just came for a party.

Watch it with casuals. About 6-8 usually. One is a close follower like myself. The others just socialize and bug me the entire event because I'm trying to concentrate on the fight. I don't mind socializing when a fight isnt happening but damn its annoying during.

I thought I was the only one. There's plenty of casuals at mine just for the social aspect and they can be annoying, but hey they pay money it's their loss for not paying attention.

Fortunately I have more than just one other close follower.

We used to have one at my buddy's every PPV, now we just have them for the big ones like Silva Weidman or Gus Jones. Not for lack of interest but because of the cost.

it waxes and wanes.

i am having about 10 people over tonight. people just can't fucking resist the immortal!

Used to, harder now because I moved out to the country and don't feel like driving an hour just to go somewhere and not drink.

Used to bet shots on fight outcomes, and you can do that at the bar.

Not usually. About 3 or 4 times a year I watch the PPV with a few friends. We usually go to a bar, but occasionally order them. We are more likely to order in the summer. Play golf, have BBQ, then order fights. The last time we had a big gathering was for Silva vs. Sonnen 2. About 20 people, but most just came for a party.

I too had an enormous one for Silva vs Sonnen 2. The last really big one was Hendricks vs Lawler, but it wasn't as big as 148

what makes you decide to order a card or not?

We used to have one at my buddy's every PPV, now we just have them for the big ones like Silva Weidman or Gus Jones. Not for lack of interest but because of the cost.

why not have get togethers for the free cards?

it waxes and wanes.

i am having about 10 people over tonight. people just can't fucking resist the immortal!

hell yeah, Matt Brown sells himself. I didn't have to do more than show people a highlight video of him for to get there interest.

I haven't ordered a UFC PPV in years, don't care for it. BUT get together's are a great idea, I use to them for boxing all of the time and it saves you money when you have a few people chip in. Enjoy the show!

Back