Do you guys enjoy breaks? (1 card in 5 weeks)

this is typically a quiet time, maybe because people are on vacation

generally I'm definitely for fewer stacked cards, and then maybe have anonymous fighters fight on free tv if I'm intersted in watching - but thats not how its done obviously typically - they want to have one or two good fights and sell a card that way - a couple times a year they do awesome events though, which i appreciate

I'd be up for more cards if UFC matchmaking wasn't garbage and rankings actually mattered.

I think it's preferable to a card every week with maybe 2-3 names at most that we know of even if we aren't casuals. And I would think that most other fight fans would feel the same given the protests over increasingly weak cards. Unless of course it's just about being agitated for the sake of being agitated.

two great fights every two weeks.
i have no need for filler undercard or filler fights

Next card is in 3 weeks featuring Gaethje/Vick and then another 2 weeks to get to Woodley/Till.

I usually enjoy cards every week.
The UFC actually just rattled off 6 consecutive events ending with 227 so I can’t complain.

it depends entirely on the quality of the cards. weekly average-to-weak cards aren't good, even though you get more content. great cards once a month or so are great. i think chael at one point said it best: a big aspect of fights and the entire process, is the anticipation and the banter beforehand. you can't get that when there isn't much time to discuss fights, and when the fights aren't interesting to begin with.

Fighters that dont have a big name on paper sometimes deliver, its better to have something to watch every week imo, it gives shows something to talk about, so there is content to watch.

I miss pre Fox UFC.

Back