Do you eat at restaurants alone?

Been doing this since I was 16... really never gave a fvck about it. I love doing things alone.
Same. Now that I’m older and in a long term relationship, stuff like that happens way less. When I was younger I did shit alone all the time. I’ve been to concerts alone, movies alone, restaurants alone... I’ve loved doing shit alone since I was a kid.

Last edited:
I don't think I've done that. I've eaten in a hotel room alone but don't remember eating at a restaurant alone before. It wouldn't bother me to do that though.

Eat my lunch alone pretty much every day I go into the office. Wonderful quiet.

I'll do it for dinner if it is convenient for other plans, but never really by design.

Sometimes I have but generally no, seems to defeat the purpose of eating out a bit not having someone to talk to.

Cinema viewing(when I did it pre virus anyway) on the other hand I'd guess was probably alone about a third of the time.

I tend to avoid lunch with coworkers and prefer to go on my own. I love going out with my wife, son and close friends, but that’s pretty much it.

I can’t stand group dinners unless it’s family.

in my small town, i don't go out to a restaurant eating alone...but when i travel to another city/town then i eat alone, i don't have an issues with it.
I just usually sit at the bar area and talk with the bartender, and when they're out and about serving other people then i'm on my phone

I have no issue eating alone in places where it seems somewhat normal. I wouldn't do it in a dimly lit Italian restaurant at 8pm for example, but I'm fine grabbing a burger for lunch from a greasy spoon or Five Guys type burger place. Breakfast diners, like you mentioned, aren't awkward at all to eat alone in because so many people do it. In my experience you're there before 8AM, half the people will be solo diners.

I have, sometimes still do. Even been to bars a few times by myself and just drink at the bar, can be a bit awkard sometimes really depends on the place. Though I'm probably more paranoid than the average person so it's largely in my head. Certainly not ideal though but can be enjoyable.

I have no issue eating alone in places where it seems somewhat normal. I wouldn't do it in a dimly lit Italian restaurant at 8pm for example, but I'm fine grabbing a burger for lunch from a greasy spoon or Five Guys type burger place. Breakfast diners, like you mentioned, aren't awkward at all to eat alone in because so many people do it. In my experience you're there before 8AM, half the people will be solo diners.
This is the right answer. It depends on the place. I’m not really interested in taking up an entire table at a fancy restaurant during their peak hours, that feels dickish, and I’m sure they’d make you feel rushed. If you want to eat during prime time alone, it should probably be at a bar. Otherwise, places that are casual like a five guys, sandwich place, chipotle etc... are fine.

I do it I love eating and drinking alone from time to time.

It's a great way to relax and just sit back and enjoy the night without some nagging person yapping arround asking you borring questions

Last edited:
All the time. Nothing like stumbling into a booth completely drunk and stoned late morning or late afternoon and going on a tear.

I have but it most situations it was normal to be a lone so I didn't feel weird about it. For instance during lunch for work. I provide IT support for numerous companies. I have no relationship with the actual clients and don't want to so I don't go out to lunch with anyone but myself. My coworkers are spread out across the city.

I ate breakfast once at cracker barrel by myself and it was actually very nice. I went after BJJ which I do early in the morning and it ends at 7am.

Back