• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Do you eat at restaurants alone?

what-wut

Black Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I pretty much hate doing anything alone, but your not always gonna find a companion, I'm especially thinking about eating out for breakfast. You need breakfast to be served hot and I love a good breakfast joint.

So sherbros do you mind eating out alone?

Last edited by a moderator:
i honestly can't remember that last time i was in a restaurant., i have dined alone once though, it felt very uncomfortable.

I usually just get stuff to go.
But, now that I think about it.
I eat pizza alone, its the only thing Ill sit in a restaurant and eat by myself actually.
I think its cuz I am forever searching for good pizza out here so Ill stop in most pizza spots I pass and just grab a slice to try it out if possible.
Its also something I can eat quickly, and the entire experience is very simple and not very demanding.

I LOVE YOU PIZZA!
page-image-5202-c46cfc8a-1dd4-45d3-b417-3ff9f22eda6a.jpg

Last edited:
I have for sure. I love Mexican food and if the wife is busy and I want tacos shit I dont mind eating alone. If you get it to go its going to be all soggy and not worth it.

I used to all the time when I was single. I'm a terrible cook and I never liked to share the kitchen when I lived in bedsits.

There used to be two restaurants down the same stretch of road in Ealing, one was Chinese, one was Japanese, they were both owned by the same bloke and they both did £5 main meal/miso soup/unlimited green tea, so I used to alternate between them on weekdays.

Thing is that my girlfriend is a great cook who has really opened up my palate and restaurants tend to be expensive where I am now.

There's nothing wrong with doing things alone.

I've done it multiple times after work and have gone home with my waitress once. I either go to this good Japanese place or a Steakhouse down the road. Both staff know me and where I work. Sometimes I'll be sitting there for hours talking to staff before I even order.

I have done it in the past but I find i can't really relax like I would with someone else. I tend to rush the meal for some reason. I did however go to a place a few months back that was on it's opening week and I had a few drinks and a meal. I had to get my car inspected and I saw they were open on the way home. I ended up hanging with the owner and another dude listening to Greatful Dead. Twas a good time IMHO. Nothing wrong with you TS.

I always do it, especially for work in summer, would just sit at a cafe/restaurant for 8 hours as wifi was no good where I lived and work from there. Plus you eventually start to know the people working there and they will start giving you free stuff/extra portions.

I have done whenever I've been sent away with work and they've given me a decent amount of food expenses. I'm not turning down decent scran just because I have to eat it on my own.

Now I work for the government, this no longer seems to happen unfortunately.

I pretty much hate doing anything alone, but your not always gonna find a companion, I'm especially thinking about eating out for breakfast. You need breakfast to be served hot and I love a good breakfast joint.

So sherbros do you mind eating out alone?

yeah, i've done that often, especially while traveling. i'd think that breakfast is the one meal you tend to eat alone the most, since most people choose to get together for lunches and dinners. if you're feeling awkward about it, maybe you should stop worrying about what others think. if there's a good reason you're eating alone, then no big deal.

only when traveling for work. Sit at the bar.

yup, it's the same for me. when you're eating alone, you're more open to engage with strangers, and you never know who you may be sitting next to at a bar. well, this was all pre-covid. who knows if we'll ever return to that type of open environment in restaurants.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsalaanx
Back