Do you dislike the mainstream media?

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by RockstarChris, Aug 19, 2018.

?

Do you dislike the mainstream media?

1. Yes

77.1%
  2. No

13.7%
  3. I Don't Care

9.1%
  1. RockstarChris

RockstarChris Dwight Belt Banned

Do you dislike the mainstream media? Fox News, MSNBC, CNN, I just want to know where normal people stand. I watch Fox News and it makes me cringe. Then I watch CNN and it makes me cringe.

The Daily Show was my #1 news source for like 10 years because Stewart made fun of everyone. Now South Park is my unbiased news outlet.

Anyone that doesnt vote is fake news.

2. lfd0311

lfd0311 Pink Belt

yes /thread

3. lfd0311

lfd0311 Pink Belt

That.... wasn't.... a news show....

Bamboozled, SRN, BoxingFan653 and 6 others like this.
  4. georges snipierre

georges snipierre GEORGES SNIPIERRE

It's not there to keep us informed and it definitely does not have our best interests in mind.

5. JonnyRingo84

JonnyRingo84 Gold Belt

the only time that i watch them (CNN is the one that i choose if i must), is when something BIG is going on live. something that i want to see right at that very moment, ill watch one of these networks because theyre the easiest accessible.

its pretty rare when that happens, though. for all other news, i get it from the wr, NPR, PBS on facebook, or vice on hbo.

6. JonnyRingo84

JonnyRingo84 Gold Belt

people scoff at shows like that (and the hosts will even use "we're not news" as an excuse to do things), but i think satire is really important. historically too, you can look back and see instances in which it was.

7. nostradumbass

nostradumbass Gold Belt

I only watch short clips of any of those and it's pretty terrible. There are plenty of popular outlets that are even more blatant though, so generally best to take several sources for anything.

salamander and no fat chicks like this.
  8. lfd0311

lfd0311 Pink Belt

I usually go with FOXNEWS and CNN. Judging by how long it takes either one to break said issue is how I judge it's truthfulness. If they both comeout with it at the same time: Not that big of an issue. If FOX breaks it and CNN acts like it didn't happen for like 2 days: major scandal for the Left, and Vice Versa.

9. Gutter Chris

Gutter Chris Chiropteran Enthusiast

Yea I catch those fools lying all the time and it greatly irritates me. and they all do it .

Suspect shot in a traffic stop is really a dude fleeing a shooting

Illegal immigrant stopped on the way to the hospital is actually a dude wanted for murderer

England flips out over drill instructor giving female a hard time when the real issue was the recording

all the bullshit on the starbucks thing and michal brown

and of course my favorite and yours the terrorist fist jab

and thats just off the top of my head early on a slow sunday

The amount of bullshit these people and the youtubers as well are spewing daily is off the charts . And the scary thing is you only notice the lies when you are familiar with the stories otherwise they are smooth as silk

S Class, ElKarlo, WandySaku2 and 8 others like this.
  10. lfd0311

lfd0311 Pink Belt

They cover real events, but not always in an honest way, and always with a massively Left leaning bias, which is fine because it's mainly an entertainment program and IMO should not be seen as authentic reporting of the news.

JonnyRingo84 likes this.
  11. JonnyRingo84

JonnyRingo84 Gold Belt

yea. i sort of view it as an important news supplement. and yea, they always are left leaning.

i actually think john oliver's show has better investigative journalism than almost anywhere else though lol. super left leaning of course, but holy shit do they dig deep into issues and actually cite sources etc.

12. Juventud

Juventud Black Belt

This threads been done a bunch of times since Trumps been crying like a baby about the media.

CNN has stepped up their game since the election working alongside The New York Times, Washington Post and The Hill who've also done good breaking news reporting about Trumps administration firings and getting scoops on the Mueller investigation.

The right wing and left wing online media have been shit since the election.
    Gateway pundit, Daily Wire & Breitbart just run Trump ball licking pieces and conspiracy stories.
    The Daily Beast, Mother Jones and Huffington Post run outrage non-factual pieces on the left.

no fat chicks likes this.
  13. Factory

Factory Black Belt

holy shit, this guy swallowed everything.

14. ultramanhyata

ultramanhyata Gold Belt

The MSM is a living example of why finding a market and doing whatever you need to to sell as many commodities as possible to that market (aka, capitalism) is not a sound basis for a healthy society.

15. Sketch

Sketch ?.?.?.?.?.?

In my country Canada? Sure.

For you guys down south in America, no. Your news always has sound clips added in to deliberately sound like an action film. Big giant "Terror warnings"

It's like a tabloid.

16. georges snipierre

georges snipierre GEORGES SNIPIERRE

People like that have a vested interest in seeing America crumble imo. Only possible explanation.

Iceberg Slim and Throwin Bombs like this.
  17. Rockapotomuss

Rockapotomuss Woke Based Poster

It should be called the expensive corporate media because what differentiates it only is how expensive it is to advertise and therefore influence their platform.

18. n...not crazy

n...not crazy Red Belt

It's a business

19. Devout Pessimist

Devout Pessimist Tragic Vision

How is CBC any better than CNN or MSNBC? It seems like all CBC does these days is shill for Trudeau and insult Trump. One of the most disgusting things CBC did was feature a sympathetic human interest piece on terrorist Omar Khadr almost immediately after Trudeau paid him 10.5 million dollars. CBC is a leftist propaganda channel.

20. lifelessheap

lifelessheap Silver Belt

They are 100% propaganda. They don't even try to hide it anymore. I find it hilarious, but my mom believes everything NBC and CNN have to say and it makes me sad. She is stupid as fuck like most Americans so...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018