I hate to say it but life was so much better when the only news source was mainstream media

No they aren't. Go check out the Ukraine and Israel threads.

Joe Biden sure as fuck isn't.

Joe R. Biden? He's very anti-war. Dramatically scaled back on drone strikes, got out of Afghanistan, etc.

And, sure, there are supporters of the Russian invasion here, but they stupidly think that it's an "anti-war position" because they think that if Russian just wipes out Ukraine the war will be over.

what's wrong with Substack? I take them over any corporate media outlet.

Lots of great Substacks, yeah. Best, IMO, are Slow Boring, Noah Smith, and Astral Codex Ten. Grasping Reality is also solid. Model Citizen was great, but it seems to be inactive.

Joe R. Biden? He's very anti-war. Dramatically scaled back on drone strikes, got out of Afghanistan, etc.

And, sure, there are supporters of the Russian invasion here, but they stupidly think that it's an "anti-war position" because they think that if Russian just wipes out Ukraine the war will be over.

Russia isn't trying to wipe out Ukraine. They're trying to take a few ethnically Russian territories on their border.

Joe Biden - antiwar?! Lmao.

Troll harder bro.

Last edited:
Russia isn't trying to wipe out Israel. They're trying to take a few ethnically Russian territories on their border.

Joe Biden - antiwar?! Lmao.

Troll harder bro.
Wait, so Russia starting a war is cool with you, but Biden isn't antiwar even though he ended a war and stopped Trump's drone attacks? Sounds like you care more about partisanship than war. Telling the truth isn't trolling, bro.

Wait, so Russia starting a war is cool with you, but Biden isn't antiwar even though he ended a war and stopped Trump's drone attacks? Sounds like you care more about partisanship than war. Telling the truth isn't trolling, bro.

No, Russia starting a war isn't 'cool with me' and neither is your partisan hackery. You said they were trying to 'wipe out Ukraine.'

They aren't. You're using hyperbole to overstate the situation. Because you're a hack.

Howard Zinn would disagree with me, but the last truly "anti-war" president we had was Jimmy Carter.

No, Russia starting a war isn't 'cool with me' and neither is your partisan hackery. You said they were trying to 'wipe out Ukraine.'

They aren't. You're using hyperbole to overstate the situation. Because you're a hack.

No, but being honest, there's no hackery at all on my part and a lot on yours. You claimed to be anti-war, but then you say this: "Russia isn't trying to wipe out Israel. They're trying to take a few ethnically Russian territories on their border." Actually starting a war is NBD to you, while Biden ending a war and stopping drone strikes makes him "pro-war" because he's in the wrong party. You don't have consistent principles--just change as convenient for partisan reasons.

Howard Zinn would disagree with me, but the last truly "anti-war" president we had was Jimmy Carter.

I think war is universally regarded as a bad outcome, at least by American standards. The question that comes up sometimes is the best way to minimize it. But Biden has been particularly good on that. Ended a war, stopped drone strikes, organized an international response to the Russian invasion, has been doing what he can to tame Israel's response to the attack, etc. As good as he's been on domestic policy, I think he might even be better on foreign policy.

No, but being honest, there's no hackery at all on my part and a lot on yours. You claimed to be anti-war, but then you say this: "Russia isn't trying to wipe out Israel. They're trying to take a few ethnically Russian territories on their border." Actually starting a war is NBD to you, while Biden ending a war and stopping drone strikes makes him "pro-war" because he's in the wrong party. You don't have consistent principles--just change as convenient for partisan reasons.

Jack misquoting someone and misrepresenting them while conflating Ukraine and Israel seems as much as Jack post as Jack can post.

They invaded Ukraine and want to make it Russia. And you think supporting Ukraine defending itself is pro-war? You’re the partisan hack.

Last edited:
Jack misquoting someone and misrepresenting them while conflating Ukraine and Israel seems as much as Jack post as Jack can post.

I didn't misquote or misrepresent anyone, and the mistake (conflating Ukraine and Israel) was in his original quote. But jrams ignoring a discussion to attack and lie is right on brand.

@ColemanwastheGOAT, I think jrams is just a troll, but can you explain to him that you just edited your post to fix your mistake? He won't care because he has no integrity, but you can clarify for anyone else.

The person he quoted wrote Israel. It was a direct quote.

I think the underlying rule is it's about the amount of calories you put into something. Modern news is clickbait and designed to get attention of people who have the attention spans of goldfish.

I love the tl/dr expression for shit that's like five paragraphs. If you really want to understand something remotely you need to put in calories to hear viewpoints, fact gathering, and opposing viewpoints. Now it's think for two minutes and talk for two hours when the inverse is what is required to be informed and mature.

If you are unwilling to put the calories in you will always be at the mercy of propagandists.

Last edited:
wow, the new savage is dumb and obtuse and ultra defensive.

your aunt and uncle want their Prius back btw.

The person he quoted wrote Israel. It was a direct quote.
I actually appreciate this kind of thing because he knows he's lying, and I know he's lying, and he knows I know he's lying. So we're all really clear about the level of integrity we're dealing with. And that applies to Coleman too.

Back