Do You Deserve An Apology?

VulcanNervPinch

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
From your wife, girlfriend, sister, mother?

Turns out, men act sicker - because they are sicker

https://time.com/4683864/men-sick-cold-flu/

some research has shown that male and female immune cells do react differently to invading viruses. Now, a recent study in mice adds more fuel to the fire, suggesting that the male sex really does get hit harder by certain illnesses—and that physiology, not psychology, may be at least partially to blame

----------------------------------------------

https://www.texashealth.org/areyouawellbeing/Mens-Health/Man-Flu-Is-Now-Backed-by-Science

In humans, studies found that women who were still having periods (which means their estrogen and other female hormones are at regular levels) had a better immune response against colds than men the same age.
Sue also looked at World Health Organization flu statistics, which revealed that adult men had a higher risk of being admitted to the hospital with flu-like symptoms and/or complications. In the United States, men have a greater risk of death due to influenza compared to women, and women show a better response to the flu vaccine and fewer complications due to flu or other respiratory infections.
None of this really surprises Heather Bartos, M.D., chief of obstetrics and gynecology and physician on the medical staff at Texas Health Frisco.
“Sometimes hormones work for women’s benefit, though many times it feels they don’t,” she says.

-------------------------------------------------------

https://www.sciencenorway.no/covid1...-new-study-could-help-explain-man-flu/2191511

scientific research now suggests that men actually do become sicker from viralinfections.
Men have agreater risk of developing severe symptoms of COVID-19 and dying than women,according to a 2022 study in the journal Immunology.
In general,women appear to have stronger immune responses and respond better to vaccines.
On the flipside, women have a greater chance of developing autoimmune diseases, where theimmune system attacks its own tissue.

Differences in the immune system​

The differencesmay have to do with the fact that women have two X chromosomes and men one.Hormones can also play a role.

Act sicker?

591c77eb-8f94-4190-beba-f08dfed21e22_text.gif

Hell yes but everyone thinks they're too fucking good to apologize. So I just stopped talking to people.

Another field were women outclass the weaker gender.

Excuse to be a pussy... got it.

There's an expression in Canadian French about someone having "a man's cold," which is basically when you hurt everywhere and are crying in bed like a little bitch. Culture knew before science.

Here's another example of culture knowing before science. In East Asian societies, being overweight is very much shunned and considered socially unacceptable. People will nag you constantly to lose weight even if you're very slightly overweight. Turns out that when Asians put on fat, it's typically visceral fat, which is very unhealthy. Research found that a BMI of 24 in Asians is equivalent to a BMI of 27 in Europeans in terms of diabetes and cardiovascular risk. In other words, the cultural expectation of being thin evolved from a physiological reality. No research told them they needed to be thin, culture just organically figured out over thousands of years and enshrined it into the cultural expectations.

I do not inject meself with estrogen, and my T levels are average for my age group, I assume, but I identify as a woman, at least on Sherdog.

Do viruses know about that? Can I sue them if I do get sick?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back