According to a recent study, women are viewed as being more trustworthy than men

All the reason for the posters above are valid. At the same time, I do feel society views women as more trustworthy and men more likely to scam.
I tend to agree with Chris Rock on the matter...that is, men lie more often but women are more likely to lie about important things.

Maybe they think women don't make as good counterfeiters as men and they should stick to the kitchen and sandwich assembly?

I mean this is the main actual issue with feminism. Women are seen as having more credibility just by the act of being women. Women can get away with behavior that men will not and will generally be viewed with less suspicion.

Women aren't taken as "seriously" as men but in terms of "trustworthy" they mean more like do you feel safe around this person opposed to whether you trust this womans opinions. "Trustworthy" has different meaning, theres trustworthy like "the most "trusted" name in news" and trustworthy like are you scared seeing them in the park at 1 am.

I tend to agree with Chris Rock on the matter...that is, men lie more often but women are more likely to lie about important things.

Yeah but that’s where things get more tricky. Trustworthy encompasses a huge broad range of things, and scamming is just one of them. I would agree that yes scammers are mostly male. Just read a simp forum though and you’ll see that a lot of men won’t trust women when they say they’ve been sexually assaulted. So yeah this study is just garbage

Think about the study too. They only had like 3% of people willing to make change. By their framing that implies no one trusts anyone. However, I’ll bet like 70-80% of people don’t have change for a 50 in their wallet these days. I rarely have more than like 30 bucks in cash on me these days.

I agree but we're talking about an experiment with money and people on the street. Much more likely some man is going to scam there.

If a strange man approached me for change I'd immediately size them up and calculate whether I could kick their arse if they tried to rob me, or whether I could catch them if the robbed me and ran. A strange woman doing the same doesn't present these same considerations.

I don't think that solidifies the belief that women are viewed as more "trustworthy". The species as a whole will do more for a woman than a man, in almost all cases.

Yea that's smart observation. There are probably several factors being measured, not just trustworthiness. Willingness to help a woman more, lack of physical threat posed by the woman, etc. They should have thought of that first and gone with a different study set-up. There are a lot of dumb people even in universities, and it could have also been a study spearheaded by a student.

Universities are the most politically skewed brain warped places on earth.

If they got the outcome that supports their gender obsessed political stance I'd assume they designed the experiment to yield the results they wanted to circle jerk about.

Women are the least trustworthy by a mile. It’s all about them, they will fuck over anyone in their way.

Back