Do you buy PPV for combat sports events?

Do you buy PPV for combat sport events?

• Total voters
My gawd. Everyday I hear ppl bitch and moan about how fighters don’t get paid enough or how Dana screwing over so and so. Then those SAME PEOPLE will proudly proclaim that they steal PPVs by illegally streaming them.

Sherbros disgust me with their hypocrisy

You really gotta be a sucker to pay 60$ for 3h of ufc

If they included ppv on their fight pass maybe

If I’m alone absolutely not. With friends for a BIG card we will chip in. But a BIG card for the UFC now rarely happens. Most people I know aren’t really fans anymore.

My gawd. Everyday I hear ppl bitch and moan about how fighters don’t get paid enough or how Dana screwing over so and so. Then those SAME PEOPLE will proudly proclaim that they steal PPVs by illegally streaming them.

yeah, cause fighters are the ones benefiting from ppv model...

do nba or nfl players need ppv to make millions?

get outta here with your nonsense logic

If it is worth it - the past 2 were piss poor cards (the main event for jon vs Reyes was good and it was cool to see Val show her stuff despite it being a mismatch) (the conor fight was pointless - a weak card with a piss poor main event meant to try and drum up interest in a fading PPV star).

Why pay for PPVs when unless they are getting PPV points, most of that money will go to Dana instead of the fighters?

If I want to support the fighters I like, I'll buy their merch. That way the money goes directly in their pockets.

I've bought shirts from pretty much all the fighters I support.

not if im just going to be home alone

but yes for big events, we all pitch in and have a good night
Maybe the current system is perfect. I mean the system where 10% of the PPV is distributed through ESPN+ and 90% through illegal streams.
If you’re watching alone, $65 is absurd for what you’re getting, and you can fiddle around with streams. If you’re with friends, no one is going to put up with a stream, so you just pay the money and it’s worth it to share the experience in gap-less 1080p.

Wouldn’t be surprising if the streams are staying up for a reason.

I used to. If the UFC was more reasonable with the prices I might still. The cards as a whole are so bad now though, and the price so ridiculous there’s no chance

We don't have PPV for the UFC where I live (Sweden) unless It's a Conor card (no I'm not joking) from now on all of his cards will be PPV and they started it all of with UFC 246.

I pay a monthly subscription and get to see all UFC main-cards (Beside Conor's) and If there is a Swedish fighter on the card we get to watch the entire card, prelims Early-Prelims included.

Otherwise, I just watch Prelims-Early Prelims on Fight pass and Main-card on Viaplay.

I have bought all the PPVs I've watched but the number I've had interest in had been dropping quickly. Will I continue? I'm not really sure I will anymore. With their increased prices and the shit cards they've been charging for lately I'm seriously considering otherwise.

9.99 Euro ($10) per Month for UFC all Events, Bellator all Events and tons of NBA, NFL, MBL, Soccer and Boxing.

Thank you DAZN Germany.

I don't have to, they are air on fox deportes but I still stream them because I can't stand the spanish commentary and the stream is always a few and sometimes a minute ahead of the broadcast <Fedor23>

I used to buy all of them and split it with my brother because it was worth the reliability and good quality. However, it was really pushing it at $60 a pop and they raised the prices even higher this year I decided I would no longer purchase each card, especially with their first two offerings being pretty weak. Only stacked cards for me.

I guess I'm the dumbass

Since 2017, I've bought:

McGregor vs. Mayweather
Fury vs. Wilder
UFC 217
UFC 226
UFC 229
UFC 239
UFC 241
UFC 244
UFC 246

If I like the card/main event I buy it. If not and I'm not busy I pirate like I did for 247.

I'll be buying Fury/Wilder 2 and UFC 249 for sure unless somebody in the main event runs into a parked car and bow out again.

PPV is an old, outdated model and needs to disappear. It's holding mma back from being bigger. Back in the day before streaming it was viable, but now it just seems really out of place.

Go ahead Bro's Tell us what you do on fight night

ZIxLvrH.jpg
Sherdog watches illegal streams legally

I pay for Fight Pass because I'm willing to give money to the UFC and the fighters, but nobody in France is going to pay 60 bucks to watch anything on TV for a few hours, let alone when main even are at 4 in the morning. It's just not going to happen, I have no clue why so many Americans find PPV normal.

Back