Do you buy PPV for combat sports events?

Do you buy PPV for combat sport events?

• Total voters
When I read the thread title my facial expression was:

<36>

very rarely anymore. From about 2002-2011 or so I bought basically every ppv unless it was a really shitty card. Now basically every card save for a few a year are complete trash aside from the main event, so i just skip most.

No, UFC ppv's are on DAZN here which costs 10€ a month

Hard to even imagine a single event worth 60€ honestly...

36% say yes, so there is a good amount of people who still pay for it.

That's quite obvious because the PPV model is still around. They even hid it behind a subscription which is even worse.
fucking consoomers

Sometimes I do but not every event like I used to. I feel like the PPV business model is getting outdated. Paying 65 bucks for one card is way pricier than any other form of entertainment right now.

My gawd. Everyday I hear ppl bitch and moan about how fighters don’t get paid enough or how Dana screwing over so and so. Then those SAME PEOPLE will proudly proclaim that they steal PPVs by illegally streaming them.

Sherbros disgust me with their hypocrisy
You can count on one hand the number of fighters who get PPV points.

I have IPTV strictly for wwe, boxing, ufc also more recently with aew and bare knuckle ppvs. So I guess $12.50 Canadian a month kind of counts? Also I rarely miss a ppv and IPTV has never froze or not worked for any ppv!

If it's a really good card on paper, I will buy it. Otherwise most of the time, just find a stream.

I bought 200 because of internet issues haha. Some will get that joke some will not

The UFC is lucky to get any money they do from anybody these days. I pay for fight pass. They should be happy with that. Instead they are greedy while supplying an inferior product.

No.
I live in Sweden. PPV has never been a thing over here.
Also the fights are on at 3-4 AM so it's not like someone would pay full price to view a live event at that time.

However some do pay for subscription based sports networks where you can watch the fight the day after.

The
Just wondering what the numbers will be like on here.

I personally haven't paid for one in years. I can't even remember the last time.

last one I paid for was nunes vs Rousey where Cody schooled Cruz.

I buy one every now and then, usually go to the bar. I like watching the fights with a good atmosphere, makes it more fun when people are getting into it.

Seems like when conor fights everyone buys

I stream UFC events and bought dazn for bellator and boxing

Back