Do you buy PPV for combat sports events?

Do you buy PPV for combat sport events?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what the numbers will be like on here.

I personally haven't paid for one in years. I can't even remember the last time.

No. Just a couple since UFC 200. Actually since well before 200. I bought 200 because of internet issues.

not if im just going to be home alone

but yes for big events, we all pitch in and have a good night

If card were any good, I would.

Used to buy 4-5 ppv's a years around 06' to 10'

For Boxing I have DAZN so, kinda....

Last edited:
About 5 per year.

Maybe more. Sometimes split with friends/poker night, etc.

Edit: back in the GSP/Chuck days, almost every PPV. Also watched Ultimate Fighter Series like a religion.

Last edited:
I have cable. ESPN contract agreements for providers to carry them is more than enough funding. That donation is plenty

No
But I would if it was cheaper

Go ahead Bro's Tell us what you do on fight night

ZIxLvrH.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2020-2-13_8-17-1.png
    upload_2020-2-13_8-17-1.png
    381.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Just wondering what the numbers will be like on here.

I personally haven't paid for one in years. I can't even remember the last time.
Being 100% real, the pricing makes it quite a commitment to buy every card. We get lots of fight night content which I love and enjoy a lot, so I don’t mind swinging a $60 card once in awhile. The $5 increase made me cringe a bit because it can already be hard to justify to myself.

Unfortunately I just can’t bring myself to buy cards that don’t have 3+ fights I’m excited about. I’ve been around too long and have seen too many fights end in seconds, and while it’s enjoyable, it’s not $65 enjoyable if there aren’t multiple fights I’m very excited about.

So these days I tend to stream cards that I want to watch but if the stream lags or drops off I won’t be heart broken. Like the last two I definitely streamed. 248 and 249? I will absolutely buy. Because I want it up on my TV. I will be getting drunk and I don’t want to risk having to fight with a stream

If it's a good card sure

I buy a handful a year.. I used to buy every event. Those days are long gone.

I pay for Fightpass, Dazn, and I paid for Rizin on NYE.

I pay for close to 50% of UFC events. Otherwise usually watch at a friend's house.

Not any more. If I want to watch a scripted event I'll watch WWE or a movie. I'm rapidly becoming more and more disillusioned with this "sport".

Yes but I I'm more selective now on which ones. There was a time when I got everyone. Also I hardly even bother with the sports bar stuff now if I don't get the ppv. I might add over the course of a year I will attend 1-2 cards.
The bottom line consumers of this product figure out what works best for them in how they will follow it.

Occasionally, but I find myself buying less and less. $65 is a lot of money! its not cheap at all when they have a PPV every month, they are having like 13 PPV's per year as sometimes they have 2 in december, so thats a lot of money when you really add it all up. And the quality of the cards is not worth it, they just can't justify charging $65 for some of these cards which look like a random UFC Fight Night event in the middle of nowhere.

The last UFC PPV I brought was UFC 229, and I enjoyed it and did not feel ripped off, I didn't regret it, got my moneys worth of entertainment. But most of the cards I can't justify paying so much for when its really lacking, and like I said they do so many PPV's that it adds up to so much money if you keep buying them

I get UFC and Bellator on cable TV. And couple of boxing matches here and there

I have a friend in the UFC. I always buy the cards he fights on, but nothing else. ESPN+ plus $65 for today's lackluster cards is insulting and asinine.

Back