Do you agree with this top 10 all-time WW list

Shield's resume is impressive but lot ofpeople here saying he beat Okami, I wonder if someone here actually watched that fight.
Wasn't a robbery. Just a close fight.

Over the course of MMA History, Has WW really ever been deep enough to put together a top 10 list?? Since the first WW UFC Champ, (Militech), there has only been 5 other fighters to hold the belt (Newton, Hughes, Penn, GSP, Hendricks), and "officially" the last guy on the list is champ because the champ at that time retired.

I think you're better off with a Top 5 list, because anything deeper than that is just pure speculation....

Over the course of MMA History, Has WW really ever been deep enough to put together a top 10 list?? Since the first WW UFC Champ, (Militech), there has only been 5 other fighters to hold the belt (Newton, Hughes, Penn, GSP, Hendricks), and "officially" the last guy on the list is champ because the champ at that time retired.

I think you're better off with a Top 5 list, because anything deeper than that is just pure speculation....

Correct my list....I always forget about Serra pulling off the upset for some reason..... 6 other fighters after Militech

The lack of Pat Miletich is a joke.

Won the WW tournament + defended the WW title 4 times.

Not only that but he ran one of the most successful MMA camps ever (there was a two year span where Pulver, Miletich, Hughes, and Sylvia all brought UFC belts into that gym).

At first, I laughed at the idea of having Johnny as high as 3, but then I thought about it and considered who all he's beaten (GSP, Fitch, Lawler, etc.), and it actually makes sense.

Hahaha no, keep dreaming.

gsp-hendricksPNG.png

Take this part out and you have an argument, Condit dropped the first two rounds and didn't come close to a 10-8 in the third.
Bullshit. Condit beat his ass in the third.

And Carlos beat Hendricks up from bottom position while Johnny tried to lay n pray him.

Those pointless takedowns shouldn't have won him the fight. He didn't do shit with the takedowns. Carlos outstruck him every round if I recall correctly.

Wasnt the vast majority of Sakurai's big wins/great fights fought closer to 160-ish? I dont think he deserves a spot on this list. But Im not sure who to replace him with. Karo? Carlos Newton? Koscheck? Miletich?

Condit over Shields.

Lol no way. I swear Condit's record is overrated on here. The guy is awesome but he doesn't have a long list of beaten top 10 fighters like a lotof people pretend he does.

Lol no way. I swear Condit's record is overrated on here. The guy is awesome but he doesn't have a long list of beaten top 10 fighters like a lotof people pretend he does.
How many times has Shields held a belt in the UFC.

How many times has Shields held a belt in the UFC.

Condit won an interim belt, one that he fought for because the clusterfuck of GSP/Diaz and Condit/Penn at the time.

While having a belt automatically puts you ahead of 99% of the division, I do not think in this case it should automatically put him ahead of everyone who never won the UFC belt. Especially a guy like Shields. I'd rather watch Condit fight and 99% of the time I root against Shields, but I still think Shields should be ranked higher all-time.

Bullshit. Condit beat his ass in the third.

And Carlos beat Hendricks up from bottom position while Johnny tried to lay n pray him.

Those pointless takedowns shouldn't have won him the fight. He didn't do shit with the takedowns. Carlos outstruck him every round if I recall correctly.

You need to watch that fight again, Hendricks clearly won the first round landing the harder shots and it was much the same in the second round till there was like 1.5 minutes to go and he started fading but he still won the second as well. If you think Condit won the third round 10-8 you're a damn fool. Condit himself said he lost that fight and that the judges got it right.

1. GSP
2. Hughes
3. Hendricks
4. Shields
5. Condit
6. Sakurai
7. Fitch
8. Penn
9. Diaz
10. Lawler

lol at BJ on the list. He has like 2 wins at WW at plenty of ass whoopings, including from the guy ranked right below him

1. GSP
2. Hughes
3. Shields
4. Hendricks
5. Condit
6. Sakurai
7. Fitch
8. Lawler
9. Milletech
10. Diaz?

Penn only has 2 WW victories on his record and a draw with Fitch. While that is very impressive I just don't think he earned a spot on the top 10 WWs.

I didn't count Royce because he fought at open weight.

You need to watch that fight again, Hendricks clearly won the first round landing the harder shots and it was much the same in the second round till there was like 1.5 minutes to go and he started fading but he still won the second as well. If you think Condit won the third round 10-8 you're a damn fool. Condit himself said he lost that fight and that the judges got it right.
First round was Hendricks 10-9. Second round could have been 10-10. And if you realize that all Hendricks did with his fucking takedowns is lay n pray, you would give the third round to Condit.

The fight should have been a draw at best for Johnny, but MMA scoring is so messed up that if you are able to lay on top of someone while they beat the shit out of you from the bottom, you still win the round.

First round was Hendricks 10-9. Second round could have been 10-10. And if you realize that all Hendricks did with his fucking takedowns is lay n pray, you would give the third round to Condit.

The fight should have been a draw at best for Johnny, but MMA scoring is so messed up that if you are able to lay on top of someone while they beat the shit out of you from the bottom, you still win the round.

'Beat the shit out of you from the bottom' hahaha.. are you fucking kidding me? Sorry, maybe Condit should learn some takedown defense, eh?

He lost 2 rounds to 1. Deal with it.

Condit won an interim belt, one that he fought for because the clusterfuck of GSP/Diaz and Condit/Penn at the time.

While having a belt automatically puts you ahead of 99% of the division, I do not think in this case it should automatically put him ahead of everyone who never won the UFC belt. Especially a guy like Shields. I'd rather watch Condit fight and 99% of the time I root against Shields, but I still think Shields should be ranked higher all-time.
I respect your post but Shields has a few fights that he shouldn't have won on his record, and a failed drug test from one of his wins, it taints his record and that is why Carlos belongs ahead of him in my opinion.

Also, Shields beat Condit ages ago, I don't think that should put Jake over Carlos.

Prime Condit beats Prime Shields.

Back