Do you agree that this was the greatest Flyweight title fight of all time?

• Thread starter Bulletproof Acc
  • Start date
B

Bulletproof Acc

photo_1_800a8bc69cdda789a1e854a27612ad43.jpg

Agreed right? Who else is PUMPED for the hematch? :)

The "all time" is not really such a long time, for that division.
But sure, I guess.

Eh. Mighty mouse has had a lot of good fights at this point. This one was alright but Dodson was badly outmatched like everyone else.

The "all time" is not really such a long time, for that division.
But sure, I guess.

This lol. I'd say the "best Flyweight title fight so far" so a more accurate statement but obviously they're not going to promote it as such.

Eh. Mighty mouse has had a lot of good fights at this point. This one was alright but Dodson was badly outmatched like everyone else.

didn't he knock down MM twice in that fight?

who else has done that? Dodson is the best hope to dethrone him.

No he wasn't. He took 2 rounds and dropped MM twice

No he wasnt. It was a close fight and he did great. Dj did a lil better.

Last edited by a moderator:

hahahahahahaa. if you didnt watch the fight, then dont comment.

didn't he knock down MM twice in that fight?

who else has done that? Dodson is the best hope to dethrone him.

No he wasn't. He took 2 rounds and dropped MM twice

was 3 times give me a min to find the gifs

DJ_Dodson_1_ctjshqdq_b0uo80kg.gif

EDIT-having a hard time finding the round 1 knock down. fuckit heres a fight link. http://mmaversus.com/2013/01/27/demetrious-johnson-vs-john-dodson-fight-video-ufc-on-fox/

Last edited:

Really think you should go rewatch the fight.

Memory is a funny thing.

I don't remember it much honestly. But I guess it was. I remember it showed how quick MM can recover. I think Johnson vs McCall 1 is probably the GOAT Fly fight overall though(ignoring the dumbass ending).

It was a fantastic fight. Dodson's legit one-punch KO power made every exchange exciting. Looking forward to the rematch.

Sure it was, but that's damning the division with faint praise. It's like if I started talking about the greatest bowl of unsweetened oatmeal I've ever eaten. I tell you I had the best rice cake of my life that day ! Ain't nobody trying to hear that.

Sure it was, but that's damning the division with faint praise. It's like if I started talking about the greatest bowl of unsweetened oatmeal I've ever eaten. I tell you I had the best rice cake of my life that day ! Ain't nobody trying to hear that.

Nah, it's more like me telling you about the the best lobster I have ever had or the best Ferrari I have ever driven. It may not be a lot, but the quality was top notch.

Can't wait for the fight, both guys are awesome.

I agree it was the most competitive fight Mighty Mouse has ever had, his fight with Miguel Torres but wasn't nearly close to as fun as Johnson Vs Dodson was.
Gosh there fight seemed like ages ago it's kinda crazy to see Mighty Mouse get dropped like that considering how little that happens now a days.
I see Johnson submitting him in the 4th round. I didn't think Dodson looked to good in his last fight with Zach Makovsky, people might be underestimating Dodson's ACL injury and how it's effected him inside the octagon.

I think this is the most excited I've been for a flw fight if I'm honest and it should be a great scrap. Dodson is super annoying but he is exciting to watch so I'm hoping he gives mm a true test like he did last time

It was an awesome fight. Dodson took the first two rounds and arguably took the third. MM definitey took the last two. It was a great competitive fight. If more people gave a shit about these guys it'd be regarded as one of the best title fights ever imo

Exactly this.

Back