Do the fighters owe me a good performance because I paid 50 bucks?

Steven_Universe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Actually closer to 70 bucks here because I live in Canada.

Do I have the right to say they just push the action, fight better, throw more strikes, and wrestle more and go for more submissions because I paid for the ppv?

One one hand they are professional athletes doing something I can’t.

On the other hand if me and other people weren’t paying for the card, they would have to get regular jobs just like us.

GSP would be working at insurance agency and Anderson Silva would be working construction if we don’t order those ppvs.

Do they owe us a good performance cuz we paid?

FWIW: i know how ridiculous it sounds to picture my fat ass on the couch screaming for Chael Sonnen to shoot for a better takedown because I paid 50 bucks, but it’s a valid point.

No.

They owe you their best because they are professional.

Did you read my post? Without the fans money a lot of them would be out there flipping burgers like you’ll do for the rest of your life.
Yes, and I read this one. They still don’t owe you a god damn thing

No, fighters dont get paid your money the UFC does.

I guess not but then you don’t owe them repeat business if you don’t like it

No, but like the rest of us they owe it to themselves to put on a performance if they want to keep their job.

They owe (keyword) you exactly what you paid for. No more and no less.

You owe them nothing going forward. If you don't like it, vote with your feet/wallet and support people you do like.

Well technically you paid the UFC as a entitiy and whatever ppv 3 party service, then they pay the fighters. The only paycheck you affect technically speaking is the champs. Regardless of the buyrate they will still get paid what that contract says, even if the rates were abysmal , they'd pay them then cut thier contracts up

No. They’re health is at risk. They owe it to themselves to execute their best strategy of winning the fight.

You just pay for the right to watch it.

You owe me 30 seconds of my life back for reading your self entitled bullshit and wasting my time.

How are you going to pay that back?

Nope.. you pay to watch the fight... nothing more... and you are either a fan or not... the only thing the fighter should be worried about is winning his fight. Sure, an exciting fight or dramatic finish is great, but there are bonuses and fighter compensation for those metrics. But as far as the fighter owing the fan anything because he buys a ticket to the event or PPV, absolutely not... buy or don't buy... you get what you get...

The fighters owe you nothing

The UFC owes you whatever is promised on the PPV buy agreement

You pays your money you takes your chances

You owe me 30 seconds of my life back for reading your self entitled bullshit and wasting my time.

How are you going to pay that back?

I’m sorry but I can’t. Why did you waste an additional 30 seconds chewing me out over wasting your first 30 seconds?

As a paying customer, I feel I'm owed a good performance in many areas of entertainment but not sports. It's about winning and I cant blame the athletes for an occasional chess match. If a sport gets too boring, I wont be a paying customer and will have no room to complain.

Even the Japanese booed and threw shit in the ring at times despite what everyone here will have you believe about their being docile as a lamb. Lol

I don't think they "owe you" exactly. But certainly if they want to attract more interest, which increases their chances of bigger and better paydays, then they should go out and put on a fan pleasing performance.

Back