Do people really like Alice in Chains?

So you are complaining out depressing ramblings and saying you were into grunge????
I think they have a few decent songs. One thing I noticed, when I saw them opening up for Velvet Revolver, was how slow their songs were -- the beat. It got old hearing the same slow beat over and over again.
This is mostly what I mean. The songs were so slow to me and I just couldn't stand them. It's all opinion, I like some horrendous shit that most people probably don't like, I just can't stand Alice in Chains and I was curious how many Sherdoggers were into them.

I really really dislike them. I was into the general grunge movement but I never understood why people like anything Layne did. Seemed like a bunch of depressing ramblings of a heroine addict. I don't get it.
you were probably one of those douchey kids who woulda blowm Kurt if given the chance your opinion means absolutely nothing.

you were probably one of those douchey kids who woulda blowm Kurt if given the chance your opinion means absolutely nothing.
Eh, I was probably douchey but I didn't like Nirvana much. I enjoyed the punk-ish albums though like Bleach and Incesticide.

Yeah, I really like their harmonies and guitar playing. Especially on I Stay Away. Just a really unique song with what the base and guitar are doing.
That was one I didn't like a lot when 12 or whatever when it came out, but over the years I've come to enjoy it a lot.

slightly different flavour than the exact thread topic but still with AiC's name attached to it

hope you enjoy...

Eh, I was probably douchey but I didn't like Nirvana much. I enjoyed the punk-ish albums though like Bleach and Incesticide.
so you're a fan of punk music that explains alot.

slightly different flavour than the exact thread topic but still with AiC's name attached to it

hope you enjoy...

Still remember the first time a friend showed me this, was really impressed, plus not a surprised given how long AIC/Heart have known each other.

That was one I didn't like a lot when 12 or whatever when it came out, but over the years I've come to enjoy it a lot.
I think I was around that age too. I neither liked it nor disliked it. But every time I hear it, I can remember exactly how I felt, laying on my bed in the afternoon, knowing the school year was about to end and that summer was just a few days away, with that song being played on the local rock station. It is one of the only songs that does that to me.

Still remember the first time a friend showed me this, was really impressed, plus not a surprised given how long AIC/Heart have known each other.
that little girl belts out that song pretty well too

so you're a fan of punk music that explains alot.
And you're obviously a fan of actively being a fucking horrendous conversationalist. For fucks sake my dude, we obviously have different tastes.

And you're obviously a fan of actively being a fucking horrendous conversationalist. For fucks sake my dude, we obviously have different tastes.
hey now don't be getting pissy with me because you decided to like a genre of music where it's sole requirement to be "good" is to have zero musical talent.

Well shit. I guess I really am the only person on here that doesn't like Alice in Chains.
You're not alone. Never really got them either, their shit sounds boring and repetitive to me. I like the fucking rooster song, but imo everything else of theirs can suck it.

Dude had an amazing voice but I only actually liked one or two of their tracks

As a teen in the 90s I didn't get into them, as a 30-something now: I am.

GOAT Staley song and top 3 GOAT relatable junkie songs

Angry Chair is fucking amazing song: The opening riff and chord are like the apocalypse coming.

Is Nirvana's later work such as In Utero considered grunge?

I believe so, but I am no grunge expert. I like Nirvana a lot, but Alice in Chains' music speaks to me far more, and I think they are better both musically and lyrically. Just my opinion though, no hate.

Back