Do people really like Alice in Chains?

More contradictory, I love Sublime and they were all about the heroine ramblings.

Just a couple of songs. Pool Shark and Badfish.

As for AIC...I love them but didn't Jerry write most of their songs musically and lyrically? People tend to attribute too much to Layne. I could be off base. I still have the albums but haven't reviewed the credits for several years.

As for AIC...I love them but didn't Jerry write most of their songs musically and lyrically? People tend to attribute too much to Layne. I could be off base. I still have the albums but haven't reviewed the credits for several years.
Those are some of the most obvious addiction songs by Sublime. I avoid Pool Shark after Brad died because it's so prophetically sad and it irritates me.

No pal your spot on about Jerry Cantrell being the major contributor in writing most of the music and the lyrics I believe he wrote most if not all of Facelift & Dirt.

No pal your spot on about Jerry Cantrell being the major contributor in writing most of the music and the lyrics I believe he wrote most if not all of Facelift & Dirt.

Absolutely Cantrell really always has been the band. Staley was a great vocalist at his peak and his voice blended so well with Cantrell's. JC could absolutely be a lead vocalist if needed be but he had the vision to make AIC what it was. Facelift and Dirt are f'n classics. Damn shame about Layne, you can get a vocalist with comparable skills but it's hard to recreate that magic.

Your loss imo. Layne had a god given voice, add his personnel experiences and emotions to that voice and...wow. Met him once years ago, after a gig, super fucking nice guy...we chatted about Prince, I had seen in a interview that he was a huge fan of his, great chat.

RIP.

tumblr_msuls90Eng1shamsuo1_500.gif

They had great vocal harmonies, some of the best in Rock history.

AIC is not be fu*ked with. One of the best bands from that era. Too bad Layne Passed away. Saw them Recently They still kick ass.

1996 BITCHEZ!!

The only band that can fu@k with them from that era besides tool is:

Chris Cornell = rock god vocalist. And He's old in this video.

It's amazing how his voice has held up, Given the demanding style and past drug abuse.

Last edited:
Amazing band. They way they could combine 'heavy' and 'soulful' at once was jawdropping.

Shame about the bands that came afterwards, that adopted their sound but watered it down to bland 'rawk', *cough*Creed*cough*

AIC were the only band that came out of the grunge scene that I did like. Saw them open for Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax, good times.

Yeah, people really do like Alice In Chains TS.

I have a hard time listening to them now because I have an ex who was a big fan. And she was one of the good ones that got away.

Alice in Chains has always struck me as the type of artist/band/book/film that many people claim to like just because it happens to have some kind of "cool' aura about it. I find their sound absolutely dreadful (not even their lyrics, but their sonority per se), and I actually used to like some Grunge back in the day.

AIC is not be fu*ked with. One of the best bands from that era. Too bad Lane Passed away. Saw them Recently They still kick ass.

1996 BITCHEZ!!

The only band that can fu@k with them from that era besides tool is:

Chris Cornell = rock god vocalist. And He's old in this video.

It's amazing how his voice has held up, Given the demanding style and past drug abuse.

Yeah what a waste man...Layne & Mike Starr..such a waste of talent.Before the smack took hold they were untouchable back in the day.

Alice in Chains has always struck me as the type of artist/band/book/film that many people claim to like just because it happens to have some kind of "cool' aura about it.
That is such a cop-out. You could say that about any popular band that you personally don't like. Asinine criticism.

Last edited:
That is such a cop-out. You could say that about any popular band that you personally don't like. Asinine criticism.

You're probably right, and that still doesn't change the fact that Alice in Chains made dreadfully bleak music.

Where they are from and timing are why they are called grunge.They got mixed in with the other "grunge"acts out of Seattle.They are pure metal...simple.Listen to Bleed the Freak.

We Die Young was the heaviest track of that album, IMO.

The demo was even heavier sounding with the thicker, sludgy distortion:

Not many people know that they started out as a glam metal band in their early days like Pantera.

AIC were the only band that came out of the grunge scene that I did like. Saw them open for Slayer, Megadeth and Anthrax, good times.
Yes good times indeed, we might have met before lol. AIC was the only band out of the Seattle scene with the stones to hang with that crowd, much respect to them always.

Back