Do I understand this correctly?

Totally a type of sandwich

Nah, completely different culinary phenomena with different cultural origins. Wieners, Frankfurters, and Hamburgers are sausages haling form Germany, and all are typically served hot. Sandwiches are shaved meats or bread spreads that are typically served cold.

I didn’t read OP or any comments thereafter but with confidence I can say none of you understand correctly.

The fight was called when Kanako Murata broke her arm. There was never any proof that Tony Ferguson broke his arm. Just being in a bad looking submission doesn't end the fight unless there is visible evidence the limb is broken.

Wasn't the fight ended with Murata because she physically couldn't continue?
Tony's arm also was completely hyper extended.
Tony's knee also was hyper extended as he SCREAMED in pain.

Wasn't the fight ended with Murata because she physically couldn't continue?

The doctor stopped the fight. When it's obvious like that it's an easy call.

Tony's arm also was completely hyper extended.
Tony's knee also was hyper extended as he SCREAMED in pain.

We don't know the extent of how injured his arm or knee were. He was still walking and using his limbs. The ref should have stopped the fight after the scream because that's a verbal submission but that's on the ref.

Sounds like who won the round is a moot point.

That was not the case in Tony's recent fights nor the recent fight we had with the Chinese WMMA fighter who got her arm broken.
I'm not sure of the WMMA fight you mention, but in Tony's case with the armbar and then the heel hook neither one of those was a sudden bone snap so I imagine that's why they went on. Although that one guy that Paul Craig destroyed last fight got his arm broken but it sounds like the ref was just incompetent in stopping that fight.

It is supposed to be, everything is supposed to be scored on like a sliding scale where each action is like a tug of war where every offensive action scores, takedowns, passing, strikes, sub attempts ect but with damage and submission attempts being the most valuable things.

I think a locked in sub should be scored higher than that, being in a sub for 30 seconds is much worse than being mounted for 30 seconds not counting strikes of course.
It's actually not . Judgings rules do not work how I described among the official athletic commissions that the UFC operates under. As for your last point about subs being more threatening then mount EXACTLY 100% agree that's why they should be judged in a category ABOVE dominant positions in terms of TIME scored .
All in all I think we are also coming to the conclusion that PRIDE rules are better for MMA judging . Who won the fight overall not boxing style scoring .

Just to help settle this

View attachment 870603
I like the graphic very much, well done.

I'll add that a taco can also be a tortilla that surrounds the ingredients. Not much different than the crispy taco shell you demonstrated though. Just in addition to it. Not much difference though.

Let's just say damage matters most of the time, but sometimes in MMA it doesn't.
The rules change when the judges do.
This sport has dynamic rules.

The doctor stopped the fight. When it's obvious like that it's an easy call.

We don't know the extent of how injured his arm or knee were. He was still walking and using his limbs. The ref should have stopped the fight after the scream because that's a verbal submission but that's on the ref.

How do you do separate quotes? Just Quote brackets?

I like the graphic very much, well done.

I'll add that a taco can also be a tortilla that surrounds the ingredients. Not much different than the crispy taco shell you demonstrated though. Just in addition to it. Not much difference though.
Correct. That diagram just demonstrates the placement and shape of your starch, not the consistency.

It's actually not . Judgings rules do not work how I described among the official athletic commissions that the UFC operates under. As for your last point about subs being more threatening then mount EXACTLY 100% agree that's why they should be judged in a category ABOVE dominant positions in terms of TIME scored .
All in all I think we are also coming to the conclusion that PRIDE rules are better for MMA judging . Who won the fight overall not boxing style scoring .

Pretty sure the judging criteria has the term sliding scale in there but it's not in reference to a whole fight, just per round.

If you're thinking in the case of round one being scored for TJ is difficult for them to see if damage was done to the knee without a scan after every round.
He did noticeably limp back to his corner

Hypothetically, take a round where the standup has no advantage to either fighter.

Fighter A scores a takedown late in the round

You should have stopped here with you example. Lets say the bell rings immediately after the takedown. In the current flawed scoring system fighter A will win by 10-9.

But is this reward deserved? To me the takedown is insignificant nonsense, I would score it 10-10. I think you are aiming for the same thing more or less, not?

So submission scoring is somewhat subjective and arbitrary?
For myself, when Oliveira broke Tony's arm... I score that similar to a KD.
When Dariush hyper extended Tony's Knee.... I score that similar to a near fight ending sequence.

But since Tony still used the arm and continued as normal... Would my scoring criteria be off?
Yes, judging is subjective. That's why its best not to leave it in their hands.

Tony's arm wasn't broken. It was hyper extended. Tony's knee probably was torn. same submission as Sandhagens. Heel hook and dariush said he heard it pop

can the fighter continue with a broken arm?

rich broke his arm against chuck and knocked him out in the same round. we have seen fighters continue on with broken wrists and fingers.

so if the fighter concealed his broken arm or just told his corner inbetween rounds he feels its sore and they just continue, then that fighter would win that round where he controlled most.

Eggs Benedict is a delicious open-faced English muffin sandwich. Topped with a perfectly poached egg, Canadian bacon, and a rich and creamy hollandaise sauce, it's a favorite.

Over my dead body!

Back