Do Any of You Do Nothing at Work?

I heard that police/security at airports basically walk around and do nothing because nobody commits crimes there.

I literally just sit here all day.

Depends. I work at two different sites. One of them is def a do nothing but sit at the computer job. It can be awesome if you know how to amuse yourself. Its all up to you,bud. If you hate it,and your bored,figure it out.

At the other site i also sit at a computer all day,but there is alot of work at times,but it slows down. Theres probably 2 to 3 hours of the day where i literally have nothing to do. I love it.I treat the place like it is my home.
I used to perfect the art of sitting up and closing my eyes in front of the computer

I busted my ass all day everyday. It got to the point that I was having anxiety attacks and shit. I realized something though, 2 of my co-workers literally worked like a quarter of the day. I'd walk into his office and he'd just be staring at a wall meditating or something. I stopped busting my ass when I realized it was just me. Now they resent me for it, but I don't care.
Yea I feel the ppl who stay past 5pm or whatever, 99% of them are doing it themselves, no one is telling them to. Lol cucks

Never unless I'm burnt out.

I like the job and industry so if I have free time I make work, well I used now its a case of shit is it that time already.
Always things I want to get done.

I retired last year. 20 years active military. Done sir done!

To stave off boredom I do various security work part time. 6 to 8 hour shifts once or twice a week. Most shifts include sitting in a hospital lobby, corporate business lobby, or parking lot.

A lot of the time yeah, I'm a telecommunications technician by trade and work for a large mob. Sometimes I feel guilty about it and that I should pull my weight a bit more and put in more effort but the company is ruthless with staff cuts lately and really could not give a shit about their hands on work force, I am just a number to them like everyone else, they're more interesting in marketing gimicks and HR.

There were dry periods of work were I could have not shown up for a month and no one would notice. I would rather be busy though, working from home all day doing nothing gets pretty old, pretty fast.

I started a new job a while back. My old job was fairly busy. This job is very different. I’ll be given one task that takes two hours for the whole day. Then when I report back, nothing.

I just sit in front of the computer.

It sucks and I hope it picks up.

Since lockdown I can't go and visit customers which was the main part of the job, interstate and international travel. Now I just call them all, it's a lot quicker ha ha. So I've had a lot more time on my hands, business is still coming in so things are pretty good for me.

Felt like I was slipping into a comfort zone of doing fuck all, now we're opening up I'm going to see some customers this week, gym is open again so I'm going back there so it's a lot better.

But it's nice having a period of doing fuck all, not gonna lie.

I do fuck all at work and its abit of a well-known joke on site, but Im needed and Im a master of looking busy.

I started at 6am. Today in work I watched 6 episodes of the office and 4 episodes of the wire. I’ve got forty mins left and I’m watching Guida vs Henderson as I type this. I do a 10 minute patrol every 2 hours and deal with truck drivers every now and then.

Back