DNC protests in Philadelphia dwarf those outside RNC in Cleveland

The GOP has never been as fractured as the Democrats along philosophical lines.

In fact, there really isn't any ideological schism in the GOP: their problem has come from being in denial in recognizing their own reflection in a Donald Trump presidency. They were in denial that the party's constituents were that vapid and clueless. Actually, Trump has brought a fair amount of valid policy to the GOP, ala FTA's.

The entire "the GOP is a party divided" nonsense was always exaggerated and based completely on disillusionment with a candidate's demeanor. The Dems are really being dragged kicking and screaming away from neoliberalism and corruption, which presents fairly stark differences that demand substantial structural change within the party and the banishment of the Clintons, Kaines, Wasserman-Schultz's, and Reids from the membership.
Regarding philosophical lines, Trump is renouncing free trade and questioning our NATO commitments, both traditional Republican tenets. Columnist George Will has renounced the party.

Regarding whether the party is divided, none of the 4 living previous Republican nominees attended the convention, nor did the Republican governor of Ohio. Among attendees, Trump's relatives outnumbered sitting Senators, one of whom refused to endorse Trump during his speech.

Regarding philosophical lines, Trump is renouncing free trade and questioning our NATO commitments, both traditional Republican tenets. Columnist George Will has renounced the party.

Regarding whether the party is divided, none of the 4 living previous Republican nominees attended the convention, nor did the Republican governor of Ohio. Among attendees, Trump's relatives outnumbered sitting Senators, one of whom refused to endorse Trump during his speech.
The actual party people are less divided than the Dems. But the people are far more united. Trump is breaking records in support. Ted went against him and look at the united attack he has received. You think any Dem senator who goes against Hillary will receive the same amount of attack from the average people?

Those are very small potatoes within the platform. And the refusal to attend is not because of his scorn towards FTA's. It's because he's a horse's ass.

Meh, this is part of why I think Trump has a very real chance at becoming demagogue in chief. Not because he has a message, platform, persona, speech style, mannerism, or hairpiece that actually reaches much of America, but because the DNC’s treatment of Bernie has alienated a lot of voters – myself included – that really don’t want to reward them for what they did. The other part is that Hillary herself is likely to inspire such voter apathy that millions of democrats are probably sitting there right now thinking “Do I even want to vote for this woman? I mean, I really want the Democrats to win, but… Hillary? Really?”

Voter apathy is going to decide this election, I think. Trump has his base sewn up and has done a better job of making sure that the opposition hates his guts that most past leaders. So now the question is, does the opposition hate Trump enough for the apathetic voters to actually come out and vote for the positively uninspiring Hillary? If so, by God, this is not how I wanted to see a woman wheel and deal her way into the White House… If it happens, I’m going to be cringing for the rest of my life when I’m hearing my kids come home from school talking about how historic her getting into office was when she’s such a fucking twatnozzle.

Did you ever read Rex Murphy's explanation of the Trump phenomenon? I'd say that the DNC's treatment of Bernie is just icing on the cake, no different than Hillary lying to Congress about her private server. The Trump train was full steam ahead long before, or even in spite of, Hillary's actions. IMO.

Lololol YES! Feast you bastards! Feast on the corpse of your old party.

The traditional gop establishment is 100% divided from gop voters. That is true. But GOP voters are pretty united against the corrupted and rigged establishment and have nominated a candidate that reflects those views. And the unity played out in front of us last week.

On the Democrats side you still have half the party that is for the corrupted and rigged establishment and half the party that is against it. And it's playing out in front of us right now.

The actual party people are less divided than the Dems. But the people are far more united. Trump is breaking records in support. Ted went against him and look at the united attack he has received. You think any Dem senator who goes against Hillary will receive the same amount of attack from the average people?
Trump is also breaking records in opposition by voters. But I was replying to a post that said the party was not in disarray. Are voters ever in or not in, disarray? If not, how does assessing the voters tell us if the party is in disarray or not?

I guess we won't get the answer to your question unless/until a Senator speaking at the convention doesn't endorse her during a speech.

Those are very small potatoes within the platform. And the refusal to attend is not because of his scorn towards FTA's. It's because he's a horse's ass.
I've actually heard a lot about both.

Trump is also breaking records in opposition by voters. But I was replying to a post that said the party was not in disarray. Are voters ever in or not in, disarray? If not, how does assessing the voters tell us if the party is in disarray or not?

I guess we won't get the answer to your question unless/until a Senator speaking at the convention doesn't endorse her during a speech.
both parties are in disarray, but since its 2 party system as long you are in less disarray than the other party, you are fine. For me it just seems like Trump supporters are more enthusiastic than Hillary supporters.

One bit of information that sticks out to me, is that regardless of who we elect as the next President, at some point, we're going to have a septuagenarian president. Basically a one-term President. As if the age wasn't enough, there are huge expectations for the next President, regardless of who gets elected.

I wonder if we will have our first one-term President since 1992?

Whatever. As long as we get rid of ol Barack. Fuckin tool.

I've actually heard a lot about both.

It's a big deal to the party's funding apparatuses, but, prior to this election, they were non-factors in the platform and were completely unknown to GOP voters. There is no substantive commitment to the FTA's beyond their profitability.

Bob Dole was there. Held it together pretty good for a 93 year old vet.

Bob Dole was there. Held it together pretty good for a 93 year old vet.
Thanks for correcting me, I'd read none of them were attending previous to it. Anyway, if he hadn't gone I'd still have been wrong b/c it would have been 5, not 4.

Meh, this is part of why I think Trump has a very real chance at becoming demagogue in chief. Not because he has a message, platform, persona, speech style, mannerism, or hairpiece that actually reaches much of America, but because the DNC’s treatment of Bernie has alienated a lot of voters – myself included – that really don’t want to reward them for what they did. The other part is that Hillary herself is likely to inspire such voter apathy that millions of democrats are probably sitting there right now thinking “Do I even want to vote for this woman? I mean, I really want the Democrats to win, but… Hillary? Really?”

Voter apathy is going to decide this election, I think. Trump has his base sewn up and has done a better job of making sure that the opposition hates his guts that most past leaders. So now the question is, does the opposition hate Trump enough for the apathetic voters to actually come out and vote for the positively uninspiring Hillary? If so, by God, this is not how I wanted to see a woman wheel and deal her way into the White House… If it happens, I’m going to be cringing for the rest of my life when I’m hearing my kids come home from school talking about how historic her getting into office was when she’s such a fucking twatnozzle.
Hillary is a terrible campaigner. People generally don't like her. She's not likeable like her "husband." She's the most evil corrupt female politician on the planet also.

Chickens coming home to roost like they did with Republicans 10 years ago. If you make and encourage idiocy to brainlessly attack the other side, they may turn on you. Same thing happened with R's. They bought out all the movements, and took advantage of the fact that white folks in the movement are more prone to order. Dems may have a bigger problem with the monsters they created, here.
These leftist protestors are scary. Scary in the way that I don't like what the future looks like when these people gain power.

This!

If people won't vote 3rd party this election, then it really is just a binary choice.
Yessir!

more choice, less enslavement to the two parties that run everything. Makes me a happy man.

More and more are abandoning the Republican Party too! Sure I disagree with many libertarian views, but the destruction of this bs we have now, excites me. Maybe it's all a dream, but I can hope.

What's the point of voting for Johnson

You know, if more people said "Fuck it - it may be a 'wasted' vote, but I'm voting for the person I actually support, even if they aren't a main ticket D or R" then they wouldn't be wasted votes. Every time someone says "Wha'ts the point of voting for X?" it makes me want to vote for them so that, when there are enough stubborn pricks like me 'wasting' their votes on third candidates, the votes won't be wasted any more.

If Stein is an option for me, I think I'm voting for her, even if it's a 'wasted' vote.

Yet, you won't see this even mentioned on CNN or MSNBC

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/dnc-protests-philadelphia-dwarf-outside-rnc-cleveland/

Gary Frazier, a Camden resident and organizer with Black Men for Bernie, said the goal is to get the convention to nominate Sanders for president. If that doesn’t happen, he said, there will be a push to withdraw Sanders supporters from the Democratic Party. He said a Donald Trump presidency wouldn’t be any worse than what’s happening now.

http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/news/2016/07/25/philly-welcomes-dnc-protests-high-temps/87520144/

The Democratic National Convention gets underway Monday in Philadelphia with much bigger demonstrations than the Republican convention and much higher temperatures as the region copes with an oppressive heat wave.

la-1469398771-snap-photo

la-1469388804-snap-photo

la-1469389017-snap-photo

Bernie is working for the machine now, its time to support someone else.

Back