News Dmitry Bivol will now face Malik Zinad as a replacement for Artur Beterbiev, in Saudi Arabia on June 1

Who wins?

• Total voters
At least he’s fighting, if people are going to bitch, bitch at biev for having old girly knees

At least he’s fighting, if people are going to bitch, bitch at biev for having old girly knees
I'm not mad at either but I am a little disappointed in Beterbiev. He's always getting injured in training. I don't know of another top fighter that is so injury prone. Much of it has to do with his caveman-esque strength & conditioning routine. You can't train with that level of intensity and avoid injury. Now he's going to be out until at least the end of the year.

Realistically, who is Bivol supposed to fight? Are any legit threats ready to fight him in one month? I hate this but none of this is Bivol's fault in any way. He signed on to face the most dangerous man in boxing and that tells me everything.

Once benevedez moves up. There are basically only 3 fights at 175.

I expect beterbiev only has one or two fights left and those will be spread out over 3 years of injuries.

Once benevedez moves up. There are basically only 3 fights at 175.

I expect beterbiev only has one or two fights left and those will be spread out over 3 years of injuries.
If two then this too will be wonder....

While both had signed papers and replacement idea is to keep busy event and this is....More fights on card= better.
Eddie H.

Now he'll get a bad cut or break his hand, and Beterbiev will have to take a fight to keep busy in the fall.....

Bad feeling we may not get this fight.

Now he'll get a bad cut or break his hand, and Beterbiev will have to take a fight to keep busy in the fall.....

I think it be funnier if Bivol got KOd and ruined the super fight.

Bivol hasn't been active enough himself to wait around so I'm glad he's taking what he can get here.

At this point I’m not even sure I want to see the Beterbiev fight. I can’t believe that an injury prone 40 yo is coming back from knee surgery as anything but a shadow of himself. Maybe Bivol should get this keep busy fight out of the way and meet Benevidez in September. If Beterbiev is ready to go by the end of the year, that would be a nice xmas present.

At this point I’m not even sure I want to see the Beterbiev fight. I can’t believe that an injury prone 40 yo is coming back from knee surgery as anything but a shadow of himself. Maybe Bivol should get this keep busy fight out of the way and meet Benevidez in September. If Beterbiev is ready to go by the end of the year, that would be a nice xmas present.
I'm not sure how much a meniscal tear will hurt Beterbiev even at 39. On one hand, it's serious, but it's not a torn ACL or a blown knee. Some meniscal tears can heal on their own but a rupture, which is what was reported, will likely require surgery. We're probably looking at November or December for Beterbiev vs Bivol.

I'm not sure how much a meniscal tear will hurt Beterbiev even at 39. On one hand, it's serious, but it's not a torn ACL or a blown knee. Some meniscal tears can heal on their own but a rupture, which is what was reported, will likely require surgery. We're probably looking at November or December for Beterbiev vs Bivol.
I hope he makes a full recovery, but I’m just not optimistic he will. Even if he does he is going to have change the way he trains. This is at least the third fight postponing injury he’s suffered in recent years. He’s doing something wrong. Bernard Hopkins didn’t go theough this sort of thing because he adjusted his training as he aged.

I hope he makes a full recovery, but I’m just not optimistic he will. Even if he does he is going to have change the way he trains. This is at least the third fight postponing injury he’s suffered in recent years. He’s doing something wrong. Bernard Hopkins didn’t go theough this sort of thing because he adjusted his training as he aged.
B-Hop definitely fought and trained smarter. They have very different styles though. Beterbiev's approach requires a lot of physicality with a heavy emphasis on strength training. B-Hop obviously relied more on his craftiness and being cute in there. That will always age better than an aggressive pressure fighter that always looks to finish fights.

Three votes for Malik? The contrarianism is palpable. He's only being brought in to get schooled. A low risk opponent until Beterbiev heals up. They don't want to jeopardize the undisputed fight. I don't give Malik a shot in hell.

Three votes for Malik? The contrarianism is palpable. He's only being brought in to get schooled. A low risk opponent until Beterbiev heals up. They don't want to jeopardize the undisputed fight. I don't give Malik a shot in hell.
They gotta be trolling lol.

I hope Bivol buries this dude so we don't get robbed of one of the greatest LHW fights in boxing history (on paper at least).

The fight will happen. This is the typical rhythm of Beterbiev fights. I think something like 3 of the last 5 of his fights were delayed due injury but happened a few months later. As for Bivol, he's physically durable and fights a safe style. My bet is we get this in October.

We may never see this fight much like the Stevensen vs Kovalev fight I know these two are much better fighters but I really wanted to see that.

Bet the farm on Zinad, people.

I believe in Zinad. Bow before the GOAT.

We may never see this fight much like the Stevensen vs Kovalev fight I know these two are much better fighters but I really wanted to see that.
Kovalev vs Stevenson would've been a good match-up but it wasn't a clash of styles. Both were punchers. Beterbiev vs Bivol is the ultimate clash of styles since it pits a classical boxer against a heavy handed pressure fighter. For me that makes the fight more compelling.

Back