Dissolving The DEA

It's draining the swamp of the established politicians that have been auctioning this country to the highest bidder.

I'm happy he's not putting more of the same people back in

He's installing people that know what it means to cover a pay roll and/or military people who are highly respected outside of politics

This is the definition of drain the swamp and the funny thing is that people that hate trump act shocked and surprised that they also hate his choices of cabinet members....... well no shit, no one expects you to like who he picks. That's exactly why we chose him

You dont think he is just eliminating the middle man and putting the cooporatists directly in charge? Exxon mobile, GS etc?

Climate change deniers in charge of the EPA? Seems deregulation is the way to keep jobs. You think that is a good idea?

How do you explain the GS appointments?

Calling that "draining the swamp" is fucking laughable and you should be ashamed.

So according to Google, the DEA and FDA determine what drugs are on what schedule. If Congress decided to take that authority back, would the DEA be necessary or would it's budget/officers get spread to already existing federal agencies?

I'm sure some of their folks would be absorbed into other agencies, move on to other employment or retire. Probably depends on their expertise and the needs of other agencies.

You dont think he is just eliminating the middle man and putting the cooporatists directly in charge? Exxon mobile, GS etc?

Climate change deniers in charge of the EPA? Seems deregulation is the way to keep jobs. You think that is a good idea?

Calling that "draining the swamp" is fucking laughable and you should be ashamed.

I'm not sure I'd call it laughable just yet. Look, he was damned either way. He doesn't necessarily have the political experience and would need to get some of that from someone. So naturally if he hires experienced politicians folks would whine about that. If he goes to the group of folks he's probably the most familiar with (business men/women) folks will whine about that (cutting out the middle man, etc.) . . . he might not drain it completely the way many had hoped, but lets give him an actual day in the oval office before we start crucifying him.

"Drain the swamp" means getting rid of the established corruption in DC. Installing more of the same fuckers that come up through the political system living off the tax payers tit is killing this country. They have spent decades voting themselves pay raises, lifetime Cadillac insurance plans, insane retirement packages, and other benefits that the people they serve couldn't dream of receiving.... all while selling their votes to the highest bidder.

Also, Jeff "climate change denier" sessions.... Im not familiar with him "denying" the existence of climate change. Do you have a source?

I know he sued the EPA when they tried to force him to cut his states emissions by 30% while they were already the 3rd best in the country.

I don't know much about some of his picks, I just know I'm done with politics as usual corruption in DC. Obama came from Chicago which is known for corruption and everyone just laughs it off as expected. (Blogoyovitch even got caught selling obamas vacated spot and later appeared on a fucking reality tv show!!!)

Ok like I said, this isn't the thread to debate Trumps cabinet pics. I'm just saying that the DEA is part of the corrupt system that is raping America

I'm not sure I'd call it laughable just yet. Look, he was damned either way. He doesn't necessarily have the political experience and would need to get some of that from someone. So naturally if he hires experienced politicians folks would whine about that. If he goes to the group of folks he's probably the most familiar with (business men/women) folks will whine about that (cutting out the middle man, etc.) . . . he might not drain it completely the way many had hoped, but lets give him an actual day in the oval office before we start crucifying him.

Does that mean we shouldnt be critical when he does a complete 180? GS appointments? Really? The mental gymnastics done by Trump supporters is amazing. So far he has gone against pretty much every promise. Yet supporters maintain he is "keeping it real"
Isn´t he doing he exactly what he campaigned against? Filling the cabinet with large cooporate interests?

EPA
https://www.ft.com/content/1a0cf6c4-bcc4-11e6-8b45-b8b81dd5d080

And Betsy Devos?? Lets get creationism bullshit into schools

BLYU7HUCQAE5k8t.jpg

Does that mean we shouldnt be critical when he does a complete 180? GS appointments? Really? The mental gymnastics done by Trump supporters is amazing. So far he has gone against pretty much every promise. Yet supporters maintain he is "keeping it real"
Isn´t he doing he exactly what he campaigned against? Filling the cabinet with large cooporate interests?

EPA
https://www.ft.com/content/1a0cf6c4-bcc4-11e6-8b45-b8b81dd5d080

And Betsy Devos?? Lets get creationism bullshit into schools

All it means is let the dude set foot in the oval office as the actual POTUS . . . if things are still questionable then, by all means complain away. You won't be alone in doing so.

Mental gymnastics? Dude. I'm not trying to justify anything he's done or jump around trying to defend the guy. I simply said let's wait for him to actually do something or have the authority to do something first. Then when he breaks a campaign promise as POTUS feel free to go after the guy.

All it means is let the dude set foot in the oval office as the actual POTUS . . . if things are still questionable then, by all means complain away. You won't be alone in doing so.

Mental gymnastics? Dude. I'm not trying to justify anything he's done or jump around trying to defend the guy. I simply said let's wait for him to actually do something or have the authority to do something first. Then when he breaks a campaign promise as POTUS feel free to go after the guy.

While I agree to some extent. I have to ask, don´t you see any current appointments as worrying, or even quite contradictory to his campaign?

Slamming Hillary for getting 100k+$ for speaking to GS, while being in bed with GS on a 950 million $ loan and then appointing GS people to top positions doesn´t seem like a complete 180 flip flop to you?

Daren-Wave.png

If it wasn't for the DEA we wouldn't have this wacky fellow telling us the dangers of that first joint! And I don't want to live in that world!

While I agree to some extent. I have to ask, don´t you see any current appointments as worrying, or even quite contradictory to his campaign?

Slamming Hillary for getting 100k+$ for speaking to GS, while being in bed with GS on a 950 million $ loan and then appointing GS people to top positions doesn´t seem like a complete 180 flip flop to you?

Yes. Several appear to be contradictory to his campaign. The Oklahoma AG selection is a joke. He can spout off about draining the swamp all he wants, but I think everyone assumed it would end up as politics as usual. Just with different players.

Like I did with Obama, I'm going to give Trump a chance. Each of us have our preferred "rights" and programs we want to see upheld and/or be successful. If that happens for each of us I think we'll be ok.

Yes. Several appear to be contradictory to his campaign. The Oklahoma AG selection is a joke. He can spout off about draining the swamp all he wants, but I think everyone assumed it would end up as politics as usual. Just with different players.

Like I did with Obama, I'm going to give Trump a chance. Each of us have our preferred "rights" and programs we want to see upheld and/or be successful. If that happens for each of us I think we'll be ok.

I certainly agree, Trump isnt going to change much. I just find it strange the lack of oversight by Trump voters. Every point they had is gone and their only response is "nothing to see here". The 100 first days of GS and Exxon leadership should be fun, certainly not cooporatism like Hillary.

pretty much. the DEA isn't useful at all IMO.
Sure it is. Civil asset forfeiture, screwing around with foreign nations, and being generally crooked are just a few of their talents. I'm sure they could be put to good use as a sort of "CIA light".

I certainly agree, Trump isnt going to change much. I just find it strange the lack of oversight by Trump voters. Every point they had is gone and their only response is "nothing to see here". The 100 first days of GS and Exxon leadership should be fun, certainly not cooporatism like Hillary.

You know as well as I do that there are probably at least two groups involved here. Those who voted for Trump and those who voted against Hilary. I think it will be pretty hairy between those groups with many not seeing things anywhere close to going the same way at any given moment during his presidency. If he appoints more cronies and yes men and things stay the same or get worse I'll be in line complaining with you. If he actually improves things I'll also do my best to recognize those improvements.

Legalize all things THC.

I know personally of people sitting on land that can't turn a profit on traditional products anymore, just waiting to grow.
So the land is barren? Only weed can grow there..?

90% of the federal government can go bye bye for all i care

So the land is barren? Only weed can grow there..?

I hope no the land is fine. They make a little money hosting herds. But they don't work the land anymore due to cost V profit for the crops they were set up to produce.

I'm sure just like any business they could have been more efficient. But they just decided it wasn't worth it anymore.

Obviously I'm ignorant to the details, I'm just relaying their sentiment since they've expressed and interest in growing herb if it's legalized. I imagine a lot of farmers would get in on it.

Hell im no expert, I'm just a simple donut maker.

I certainly think there's a role for the DEA in America, but I don't think that role is in criminalizing drugs. I think they should be able to declare a drug safe/unsafe, but they shouldn't be able to do this. Criminalizing CBD oil just shows how little they give a fuck about the American people.

I am in favor of the dissolving of any and all .gov agencies.

DEA is about control. Veiled as safety it seems reasonable and acceptable. It is neither, fuck 'em big time.

Seems like some are in agreement.

We already have local and state police to go after people manufacturing or distributing drugs. I seriously can't think of one good reason to keep the DEA around.

Side note: lol at people like Hillary Clinton who are pro-choice when it comes to abortion, but when it comes to marijuana don't believe we have the right to put what we want in our bodies.

Back