Disputed Champion of The World

There is nothing disputed about Aljo being champ.

Only thing worth disputing is how long Peter Yan should be suspended or if he should be cut altogether
Bruh come on now. You're being ridiculous. He lost by DQ. That's the punishment. Anything more would be insane

Bruh come on now. You're being ridiculous. He lost by DQ. That's the punishment. Anything more would be insane
His shot was after multiple warnings and confirmations.

He literally paused asked his corner and was also told by the ref right next to him not to throw that strike, he still did. It wasn’t a in the heat of the moment thing. He should be punished! that shot is pretty much like a post fight sucker punch level wrong

There’s no defence for what Yan did but I don’t see how you can say he should be cut for it lol
He paused, asked his own teammates and was told by the ref right next to him too. Thought about it and he threw that shot. That is more than your run of the mill heat of the moment mistake. IMO

I dispute Aljo being champ. I don't think he's the best fighter in his division and I don't think he was the best fighter in his title fight.

I get that you see it differently, and I understand and can appreciate that view. But once people disagree, there's a dispute.
You dispute a guy who clearly by the rules won that fight being a champion? There’s more wrong with you good sir than you think.

now yes you may say he’s not the best in his Division. I would agree, I might even say there’s a case for him not even being top three. But he is the champion, there should be no dispute about it.

His shot was after multiple warnings and confirmations.

He literally paused asked his corner and was also told by the ref right next to him not to throw that strike, he still did. It wasn’t a in the heat of the moment thing. He should be punished! that shot is pretty much like a post fight sucker punch level wrong
He was punished. He lost by DQ. Thats the rules. You land an illegal strike you get DQd. Punishment done. There is nothing more needed.

And no dude it is far from a post fight sucker punch. Yan made a dumb call. Sterling milked it to get the belt. And here we are today

I put so many dumb motherfuckers on ignore his week. Even in the immediate aftermath of the multi-day meltdown of Conor post UFC264 it hasn't been this bad, somehow, not sure.

I put so many dumb motherfuckers on ignore his week. Even in the immediate aftermath of the multi-day meltdown of Conor post UFC264 it hasn't been this bad, somehow, not sure.

Wow, look at you, a superior being on Sherdog forums

<36>

You dispute a guy who clearly by the rules won that fight being a champion? There’s more wrong with you good sir than you think.

now yes you may say he’s not the best in his Division. I would agree, I might even say there’s a case for him not even being top three. But he is the champion, there should be no dispute about it.
1. I'm not your sir, guy.
2. Lol at making an issue like this personal, as if there is something wrong with me for disagreeing with you. Drop that petty habit and your writing will become more persuasive.
3. If you can see a case for the champ not even being top three in the division, and you understand that he won the championship on a technicality, then you can understand why folks might dispute his title reign. There's more to all aspects of life than mere technical rules. The UFC or another org may want to define championship by various rules, but the meaning of champion will always be broader and grander to most people than those rules.
4. I like Aljo and was rooting for him to win. But his legitimacy as champ is not strong. That will change if he beats Yan in the rematch.

1. I'm not your sir, guy.
2. Lol at making an issue like this personal, as if there is something wrong with me for disagreeing with you. Drop that petty habit and your writing will become more persuasive.
3. If you can see a case for the champ not even being top three in the division, and you understand that he won the championship on a technicality, then you can understand why folks might dispute his title reign. There's more to all aspects of life than mere technical rules. The UFC or another org may want to define championship by various rules, but the meaning of champion will always be broader and grander to most people than those rules.
4. I like Aljo and was rooting for him to win. But his legitimacy as champ is not strong. That will change if he beats Yan in the rematch.
So you admit he won.
Yet don’t like the way he won and want to dispute (with yourself mostly because you also know he won) with yourself if he’s champion? Sounds like a mental health condition to me.

he either won it or didn’t win it.

He can be an undeserving champion but not a disputed one. A disputed champ is when there are other belts out there like boxing or an interim or BMF type Joke of a belt or something else. Especially if he hasn’t fought with them before. He owns the only belt and he beat the guy you are mentioning in a clear no doubt about it result. It’s not like yan was DQd for a disputed technicality, it was a clear as day DQ.

you are essentially arguing for the sake of arguing. There is no dispute about who the champion is or who won that fight. The only dispute is about who the better fighter may be or your comprehending of the word disputed.

disputed is when someone else has a claim to it as well. Yan has no claim to the tile he lost via DQ very clearly.

The two bozos fighting for the HW title. Every single interim title. At this point if you wanted to pawn your UFC title you probably couldn’t get more than three food stamps for it.

Vitor becoming champ by beating Randy by freak eye cut very early in the fight. It's in the history books by it was definitely a hollow victory.

Back