Disputed Champion of The World

Robbie Brawler

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I don’t particularly care about any of the lower weight classes, but the way Sterling won his illegitimate BW title is just unreal. Staging photoshoots with his Golden Globe belt and calling out Cejudo only adds insult to injury and triggers me more than anything.

Hence, my question: can you come up with an example of a more disputed champion than him?

I looked through the list of all past UFC champions and while there were some asterisks (PEDs, paper / interim champs, TUF winners kickstarting the division etc.), I can’t think anyone comes even remotely close to this guy.

I would go as far saying that he’s the most disputed champ not only in the history of UFC/MMA/fighting, but any pro sports ever.

Curious to hear if you can recall anything worse than this guy (again, feel free to look beyond MMA bubble).

200w.gif

I don’t particularly care about any of the lower weight classes, but the way Sterling won his illegitimate BW title is just unreal. Staging photoshoots with his Golden Globe belt and calling out Cejudo only adds insult to injury and triggers me more than anything.

Hence, my question: can you come up with an example of a more disputed champion than him?

I looked through the list of all past UFC champions and while there were some asterisks (PEDs, paper / interim champs, TUF winners kickstarting the division etc.), I can’t think anyone comes even remotely close to this guy.

I would go as far saying that he’s the most disputed champ not only in the history of UFC/MMA/fighting, but any pro sports ever.

Curious to hear if you can recall anything worse than this guy (again, feel free to look beyond MMA bubble).

200w.gif
it's his belt and he can do whatever he wants with it.

btw what's stupider than getting your head caved in by an illegal blow and continuing to fight when you're under no obligation to? the fact they even ask these fighters if they want to continue is just a retarded ploy to make them take the blame if they don't. if it's deemed a disqualifying foul, then it should be an immediate dq loss for the offender, and neither fighter should have the right to say shit about it.

it's his belt and he can do whatever he wants with it.

btw what's stupider than getting your head caved in by an illegal blow and continuing to fight when you're under no obligation to? the fact they even ask these fighters if they want to continue is just a retarded ploy to make them take the blame if they don't. if it's deemed a disqualifying foul, then it should be an immediate dq loss for the offender, and neither fighter should have the right to say shit about it.

He can do whatever he wants with his fake belt and I can say whatever I want about it.

As for your other comment, they do ask and most MMA fighters have enough integrity to carry on after low blows, eye pokes etc. if they actually can. Sterling was clearly fine and able to continue, but decided to win the belt that way.

200w.gif
To be fair he did beat Sndhagen pretty easily who I thought deserved the TS more than Petr Yan.

He can do whatever he wants with his fake belt and I can say whatever I want about it.

As for your other comment, they do ask and most MMA fighters have enough integrity to carry on after low blows, eye pokes etc. if they actually can. Sterling was clearly fine and able to continue, but decided to win the belt that way.
if i'm not mistaken, those blows don't mean a dq loss for the offender; they just mean an NC at best, or worse yet, a potential TKO loss if they don't continue. in cases like that, it's not about integrity; they have no coice.

a massive direct hit illegal knee seems to be one of the very few exceptions to this because it KOs the fighter instantly. a win for Yan under these conditions would be even more fake, but somehow you can't realize that.

Say what you will about WMMA but women like Rose / Amanda / Valentina either beat the best to be the best or are way above their rivals (even if the talent pool is small).

Ofcourse I agree they are the best. But they are the best of nothing special.

And I véry dispute Amandas GOAT status....

Brazilian's soccer club Chapecoense won a international cup because their plane crashed killing 19 players of the team.
Their opponent (the favorite to win) just said "give the cup to them" in a show of respect for the fallen

It's fine. He is just trying to make himself relevant. Most likely he is going to take an ass whooping and have to retire because it is just too hard to reclimb the ranks

It’s pretty wild to think you can be in the premiere fighting organization , while grading at the standards of the fighting community as awful it’s just nuts.
If I was a female with any sort of combat background, id try fighting in the ufc. Easiest path to stardom versus any other sport imo.

There is nothing disputed about Aljo being champ.

Only thing worth disputing is how long Peter Yan should be suspended or if he should be cut altogether

Back