Dirty move by Silva or not?

Jebus said:
No but he still hit him when he wasn't ready. Anyways it's Naks fault for taking off his gi in the middle of the match. Especially against Silva? That's like taking your eyes off a lion that's ready to pounce on you.

It was during the match, what if Nak had thrown it at him and then hit him while he was distracted.

It's not like Silva sprinted over to hit him while his gaurd was down. He was moving forward like he always does and landed a clean shot. Nak fired off a punch right before Silva so he had time to block.

CLASSY!?!!?!?! uh... I love silva but hes probably the most consistant rule breaker in pride history. You can pretty much guarantee hes going to hold the ropes with both hands at some point during every single fight for balance and try to stomp your head in. I have no idea why he feels the need to do that and why pride refuses to even card him for it. hes only fought in pride about 57348o574835 times.

Either way the fight would have ended with the same results

If you are in the ring with Silva - be ready to be hit, kicked, elbowed, and kneed.

The main gist of this conversation seems kinda pointless. Not a dirty move.
As a few other have pointed out, his holding the ropes in different fights illegally while stomping his opponents that is much more worthy of discusson, though Im sure the topic has been beat to death.

Nak shouldn't have tried to take his gi off. He is lucky Silva gave him as much time as he did. When he was taking off his gi I was saying "what the hell are you waiting for...hit him". I don't think it is dirty, I think it is stupid on the part of Nak.

dumbest move of naks career, anything can happen in a fight if your stupid and he was.

Domingo said:
This is correct. Watch the highlight video and you can see that Nak has his hands up and WAS ready. Silva just drilled him immediately...likely before he figured Silva would attack.
The main thing is, Silva DID give him time to take it off without going nuts. Props to him for not flying kneeing him while he was actually taking it off.

That's what I saw. My wife and I were watching it and neither of us made note of any underhandedness. Unlike during the Arona/Sak bout. He gave him time. Not a lot of time, but a fair enough amount considering he didn't owe him any time at all. It was mentioned that Silva's corner yelled for him to rush Nakamura. Why do you think they yelled that? Perhaps because Wand was giving him time and they thought he shouldn't.

It wasn't a dirty move at all Nak opened himself up and took a hit that knocked him down. He would have been much better off if he didn't wear that Gi in the ring in the first place.

why was he even wearing a gi?

not dirty at all

why was he even wearing a gi?

not dirty at all

Silva is classy, but he is a beast in the ring.. never try to show off against him

why the hell would you wear a gi into a fight (with the sleeves cut off I might add) and then take it off? Was Mayweather dirty to hit Gatti while he was staring at the ref waiting for a call that never came? Hell no and I hate Floyd! Nothing dirty about that whatosever, just very ignorant of Nakamura. Protect yourself at all times.

It wasn't dirty but I can't imagine a classy guy like Fedor or Mirko doing something like that. If I were fighting for my life in the streets, I'd jump at the opportunity to do damage when, say, my assailant trips over his own shoelaces but, on the mat, I would never take advantage of the opponent's equipment failure, so to speak, even if I were losing on points. It's just cheap.

As much as I'd hate to see Nak lose, no it wasn't dirty. As long as the ref didn't call a time out and the clock is ticking, you're allowed to punch.

However, holding the ropes to your advantage is dirty. Might not change the outcome, but it's to the fighter's advantage gaing points/damage. So this one's dirty.

biscuit7878 said:
Props to Silva for not taking the gi off him and strangling him to death with it.
That shit made me laugh out loud!!!!!!!!!!! Dirty? i say no. It would have made him look a lot more respectful if he allowed it without attacking. Its just a diffrent mind set. Some guys go in there to "test" there skills againts a worthy opponent and some guys go in there as a modern gladiator, hell bent on destroying there enemy. Silva is the later and good for him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back