Dirty move by Silva or not?

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Killer Bee, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Killer Bee

Killer Bee DANGER™

As far as we know, Silva is a classy fighter; Some people are saying when he hit Nakaruma while Nak was taking his gi off was a dirty move, if it's not specified in the rules, do you guys consider that a dirty move by Silva or not...hell, it's not like Silva's gonna stop fighting in the middle of a fight and give Nak time to take his gi off..

opinions

2. Rip Van Winkle

Rip Van Winkle Last Login 2009

Nak shouldn't have worn the gi.../thread

If you want to make a valid debate...talk about Silva's repetitive usage of holding on to the ropes while kicking down opponents.

3. mamba

mamba Banned Banned

He did not hit Nak when he was taking his gi off!!! :D

4. Jebus

Jebus Brown Belt

No but he still hit him when he wasn't ready. Anyways it's Naks fault for taking off his gi in the middle of the match. Especially against Silva? That's like taking your eyes off a lion that's ready to pounce on you.

5. jackstraw

jackstraw Green Belt

wearing a gi=asking for it

6. IllWil

IllWil Green Belt

Nak had his hands back up

7. hbray

hbray Banned Banned

no, protect yourself at all times!

8. DarrenMT

DarrenMT Orange Belt

it should also be noted that silva's corner yelled at him to rush Nak, and so he did.

9. GerardSmith7

GerardSmith7 Orange Belt

Not dirty whatsoever. First of all he didn't hit him while the gi was coming off, he gave him a second. Also Nak could have taken the guy off between rounds, it was his own fault. What if somebody wanted to take off their wrestling shoes in the middle of a fight? It would be deemed ridiculous.

10. Jiraiya

Jiraiya Banned Banned

all anyone needs to do is watch the fight again and use common sense...it's in the middle of the fight, Nak should not have taken it off...it even looked real weird for him to do that in the middle of the fight...furthermore, he had already taken it off when Silva and Nak started exchanging

is it dirty? no it's just not that classy...Sakuraba allowed Newton to get up from the ground and also allowed Royce Gracie many times to tuck in his gi while he backed off...but no one is as classy as Sakuraba, it really depends on the fighter

if you want dirty, holding the ropes, headbutting, and groin shots are what Silva's book of dirty moves is comprised of...if you want REAL dirty, just watch Arona's cut gouging

11. mamba

mamba Banned Banned

I agree with your second point, and to a certain extend your opening point. However, with all due respect Silva does not need a political statement regarding when and when not he is allowed to engage within the confines of the Pride ring!!!

12. xXZeroDarkstarX

xXZeroDarkstarX Blue Belt

I guess Its officially oaky for Silva to hit him even thought he wasnt ready. But for Silva I think its more about winning than anything. I dont think he cares how he gets the W just as long as he gets it.

I thought it was a lil shady but then again Nak should always be protecting himself.

Then again I dont really like Silva. I want him to lose in the next round.

There I said it.

13. Domingo

Domingo Black Belt in Sumu and Judu

This is correct. Watch the highlight video and you can see that Nak has his hands up and WAS ready. Silva just drilled him immediately...likely before he figured Silva would attack.
    The main thing is, Silva DID give him time to take it off without going nuts. Props to him for not flying kneeing him while he was actually taking it off.

14. MarrowGnawer

MarrowGnawer Guest

The smart thing to do wouldve been to wait until the round was over.

And I think it was a completely valid move that Wand nailed him. If you are dumb enough to try and take a gi off in the ring during the fight when wearing gloves then you deserve to get rocked.

15. bigmoneygrip

bigmoneygrip Skeptical of You

ON THE WET SIDE OF THE BED HOLDING A KLEENEX WRAPP
    he wore the gi to use it against silva, if he screws up and silva uses it against him, oh well thats naks fault.

16. biscuit7878

biscuit7878 Yellow Belt

Props to Silva for not taking the gi off him and strangling him to death with it.

17. pitviper23

pitviper23 Green Belt

IMO He shoulda hit him while he was taking off the gi.
    That's fucking disrespectful we are in the middle of a fight and Im gonna stop and take off my gi

18. FenderStrat

FenderStrat Blue Belt

Nakamura should NEVER have tried taking his gi top off during the fight. Fighting is about capitalizing on your opponent's weakness. Nakamura's weakness at that point was that for some reason, he felt it was ok to take his gi off, Silva even waited a few seconds, then capitalized on it. Most of the guys on this forum would have done the same thing.

19. Snowblind

Snowblind Purple Belt

Sitting at White Fish Point, listening to Gordon L
    This is one situation where Japan should borrow the Nevada State Atheletic Association's rule of "Protect Yourself at all Times."

20. It was not a dirty move by Silva but a very dumbass move by Nakamura. I also agree that Silva did give him time to get his hands back up before he fucked him up :icon_twis