• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dirtiest Fight Ever?

If I remember correctly Alex Oliveira is notorious for committing fouls almost every fight.
At least 2x 12-6 elbows to the back of head starting from as high as he can reach. Just from memory.

Branko Cicatic's TDD against Mark Kerr consisted of hooking the ropes and throwing elbows to the back of the head/neck, as short as that fight was. Honorable mention to Overeem and Kongo for demolishing Crocop's balls.

Stephens is a bit of a turd.

KO’s Josh Emmet then delivers a flying elbow from hell to his carcass. In his post fight interview says “Hats off to josh he’s a warrior” or something along those lines… yeah bud that’s really in line with you trying to put him in a coma a few minutes before.

SlimyMiserableCrustacean-size_restricted.gif

Also caused his opponent to withdraw from a fight then shows no remorse or responsibility for his actions in getting the fight removed and also showed no guilt towards his opponent with whom he had zero bad blood before-hand losing out on a payday.

eH4sGJd.gif
He broke Emmits jaw doing that too, I think.

This needs to be updated.

Cris Lencioni vs. AJ agazarm is up there. There were after the bell strikes, a blatant head butt, shit talking mid fight, a refusal by one guy to touch gloves afterwards l. It was wild

Dirty Bob Schrijber
Gilbert Yvel
Jon Jones
Wes Simms
Palhares
Bobby Hoffman
Cheick Kongo

Gary Goodridge loved to find ways to fight dirty without actually breaking a rule
That's just being a smart fighter. Mayweather and Hopkins are great at this too.

Gilbert Yvel vs. Karimula Barkalaev

Gerard Gordeau vs. Yuki Nakai

Dirty Bob Schrijber vs. Daijiro Matsui

Dutch guys have been dirty as fuck throughout history.
I thought gordeau was French? Anyway your point still stands.
Like reem killing crocops nuts and also killing that little girl.

Just rewatching some Pride fights and Frye vs Yvel is one of the worst I have ever saw. Keeps grabbing the ropes to prevent the takedown. Is warned 4 times then eye rakes Don. Break in action and Frye pushes him to the ropes where he repeatedly grabs the ropes again and gets a yellow card. The Yvel gets taken down and grabs the ropes another million times for the DQ. After the fight Yvel tries to attack Frye and the ref so 10 people get in between. Then he complains like it was an unfair stoppage. I can't remember something that dirty.
Gordeau made Nakai permanently blind.
da92d302235d36d67a9d9637aefffbd4.jpg

What's crazy is that Nakai fought two more times after his fight with Gordeau on the same night and essentially fought Rickson with no vision because both of his eyes had swollen shut:
tumblr_nxc0ltGTe61s93cjpo1_1280.jpg

Arona gouging the wounds on Sakuraba's eyes/face:
sakuraba's_face_arona.jpg

Frye was playing a villain in Japan pro wrestling, blew out his quad, then fought Yvel a week later, just 13 days after 9/11:
XQoz98.gif

Yvel eye gouging Frye:
99Qwz8.gif

Yvel repeatedly holding the ropes while continuing to eye gouge Frye:
lR5oy7.gif

After getting yellow carded, Yvel still continued holding the ropes:
nRrqAP.gif

Yvel was yellow carded a second time, then eye gouged Frye again:
OgynvQ.gif

More eye gouging from Yvel:
K8ZjNJ.gif

Yvel continued eye gouging and rope grabbing till the ref finally DQ'd him:
OgynjQ.gif

Frye didn't even mention Yvel's cheating in the Pride documentary (he also said that carrying a flag around your shoulders is improper and something a "hippie" would do).
(Timestamped):

In terms of sheer quantity, McGregor committed at least 19 fouls against Nurmagomedov:
SPORT-PREVIEW-McGregor-Knee.jpg

Back