Diego should be 0-6 in his last 6 fights

Zlatan1

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
...and 1-8 in hist last 9.
His last "real" win was against Paulo Thiago almost 4 years ago.

Since then his 3 W are against Kampmann, Gomi and Pearson. All 3 W came via robbery.

Are judges intimidated by his "YES, YES" screams or are they just blind?

On the 3 robbery occasions, Diego made sacrifices to the Just Bleed Gods, thus cementing the victories.

On the 3 robbery occasions, Diego made sacrifices to the Just Bleed Gods, thus cementing the victories.

Diego's thoughts on the fight

[YT]watch?v=XYGxWGduCCQ&feature=kp[/YT]

You are the first one who says this.

Well, it's true.... not sure how are people so impressed with his shadow boxing.. Pearson rocked him a couple of times and knocked him down once, what did Diego exactly do to win the fight? Come forward? Throw wild punches that hit nothing but air?

People rip Leonard Garcia for the same shit, but praise Diego?

...and 1-8 in hist last 9.
His last "real" win was against Paulo Thiago almost 4 years ago.

Since then his 3 W are against Kampmann, Gomi and Pearson. All 3 W came via robbery.

Are judges intimidated by his "YES, YES" screams or are they just blind?

ya, its crazy. Many people will point to his Leonard Garcia style, or his antics when he gets hurt, or even his TUF popularity - but what I notice is that 3 foreign fighters beat him and got robbed.

Out of the 3 robberies this is probably the worst one yet...The Kampmann fight was close but this is just insane....

i don't think diego won the fight, but he appears active. and he often closes out a round strong. so rd. 1 it seemed like nothing happened (vs. pearson) except diego had a flurry at the end. sometimes that's enough to get the nod.

i dont know how to explain the rest of the fight, but i might have given diego rd. 1.

i don't think diego won the fight, but he appears active. and he often closes out a round strong. so rd. 1 it seemed like nothing happened (vs. pearson) except diego had a flurry at the end. sometimes that's enough to get the nod.

i dont know how to explain the rest of the fight, but i might have given diego rd. 1.

Ok, IF SO - if you give Diego round 1: what about rounds 2 and 3?

I'm not saying I disagree here cause I don't but like everyone has said before don't leave it in the judges hands that's 3 straight bad decision wins obviously they love giving them to him

Quite honestly, this can't be stated enough.... this guy should've been out of the UFC a long time ago and yet he still keeps robbing victories from other deserving fighters, thus derailing their path? That's three top fighters he's screwed over that were superior to him.... so yah, this can't be stated enough, since last night's fight was the most egregious out of all of them

Out of the 3 robberies this is probably the worst one yet...The Kampmann fight was close but this is just insane....

I agree with you. Kampmann shitkicked him, but, to be fair, Diego had his moments, and pressured throughout. Gomi was similar, but even a bit closer. This one - fuck sake's - its not even that Pearson dropped him, busted him up, outboxed, and wobbled him twice, because Kampmann still hurt him more than that - its the fact that Diego landed NOTHING significant, and had zero moments of control. He was the only one who got taken down, even - its completely inexcusable.

"he appears active".... that right there is the flaw in the argument for giving Diego any round last night

you're not wrong, actually, i agree. At the end of 1 I thought Pearson had won it, bu there was that flurry, and I feared a hometown decision might have given that round to Diego, possibly. Round 2 was a shitkicking, and Round 3 was a clear Pearson round, however.

I agree with you. Kampmann shitkicked him, but, to be fair, Diego had his moments, and pressured throughout. Gomi was similar, but even a bit closer. This one - fuck sake's - its not even that Pearson dropped him, busted him up, outboxed, and wobbled him twice, because Kampmann still hurt him more than that - its the fact that Diego landed NOTHING significant, and had zero moments of control. He was the only one who got taken down, even - its completely inexcusable.

You know it's bad when the Move of the Fight highlights were of Pearson blocking all of Diego's strikes and Pearson landing a shot on Diego

Back