Diego should be 0-6 in his last 6 fights

You know it's bad when the Move of the Fight highlights were of Pearson blocking all of Diego's strikes and Pearson landing a shot on Diego

Lol this is so true. It's Diego's trade mark style, throw a ton, land nothing, get punched in the face, UD decision!

Can you explain? I didn't see that show. Does he just talk to them during the fight or something?

I saw the show and if I remember correctly Greg would ALWAYS talk up his fighters during the fight to sort of "influence" the judges. Kinda like the whole raising yours hands and saying you won after a close fight. Every time one of Greg's guys would throw something he'd yell out stuff like "oh wow" "look at that" "nice shot" "good job" and things along those lines. Lol AND THEN when the opponent would throw stuff Greg would yell out "oh that was nothing" "that didn't hurt you" "he's definitely scared" "he's got no power" "he clearly missed." I've got nothing against Greg, but I definitely noticed. Haha it's actually great strategy. I know tons of coaches do this, but he did it in a way where it very obviously seemed like he wanted the judges to hear him.

You know it's bad when the Move of the Fight highlights were of Pearson blocking all of Diego's strikes and Pearson landing a shot on Diego

LOL I was cracking up at Move of the Fight HL. Too funny!

Are judges intimidated by his "YES, YES" screams or are they just blind?

neither.....the qualifications are meager to begin with
and usually don't have specific qualifications for mma

in cali to be a boxing/kickboxing/mma judge
you have to attend a 2 day seminar
score 90% on a test
turn in some dummy scorecards
judge a few amateur bouts

no state requires specific training for mma as opposed to boxing judges(eh maybe iowa...websites hard to navigate)

Can you explain? I didn't see that show. Does he just talk to them during the fight or something?

Yeah, just like the other person said, his comments are all directed towards the judges...playing up everything his guy does and down playing everything the other guy does. I know every coach does something like that, but it definitely stands out with Greg Jackson.

Wow. I'm completely amazed here. Everyone except two judges, Diego, and Greg Jackson all seem to be in agreement over this horrible decision. I've never seen this much total agreement on Sherdog before.

A couple of weeks ago there were actually a couple of people saying that Bar

This is how Diego's last two wins are described on Wiki

Sanchez then returned to lightweight and faced Takanori Gomi on March 2, 2013 at UFC on Fuel TV 8. Sanchez failed to make the 156 lb weight limit at the weigh ins, weighing at 158 lbs. He was fined 20 percent of his earnings and the bout was contested at a catchweight of 158 lb. Sanchez defeated Gomi via split decision. 12 of 12 media outlets scored the bout in favor of Gomi.

Sanchez faced Ross Pearson on June 7, 2014 at UFC Fight Night: Henderson vs. Khabilov. Sanchez defeated Pearson via highly controversial split decision. 14 of 14 media outlets scored the bout in favor of Pearson, 13 with scores of 30-27.

It's crazy how two of your last two wins are also 2 of the biggest robberies of all time.

I've grown to hate that moment after the fight, when Diego has his other hand clenched into a fist, and is holding it in the air making a praying motion with his eyes half closed, all after getting his ass whooped.

Also hate it when Greg Jackson's guys raise their arms victoriously after clearly losing a fight.

i don't think diego won the fight, but he appears active. and he often closes out a round strong. so rd. 1 it seemed like nothing happened (vs. pearson) except diego had a flurry at the end. sometimes that's enough to get the nod.

i dont know how to explain the rest of the fight, but i might have given diego rd. 1.

You might have given him round 1 cause you know shit about MMA.

But i digressed, judges should be able to understand what`s going on in a professional fight.

If not let`s just put anyone there, for example, you, and have them judge the fight.

I don't know if that ranks as an all-time robbery. The first round was very close. The second round was clearly and undisputedly Pearson's, so the judge scoring it 30-27 Sanchez should be criminally investigated, as well as banned from judging main card fights.

The third round, for the first three minutes, was slightly in favor of Sanchez, and then he got overaggressive trying to seal the deal and Pearson won that round going away. For people claiming Sanchez did nothing, that's not true. While the announcers were talking about how Pearson was slipping all the punches, in the third, Sanchez hit him on the button and staggered him, for instance.

Any time you get a fighter who stands in the pocket and slips punches, there's a good chance that the other guy, especially if he's the crowd favorite, and/or if the other guy is winging with more volume, will get credit he doesn't deserve. Happened to Marvin Hagler when he fought Leonard, for instance. Happened recently to Lawler against Hendricks when people acted like Hendricks was doing good damage in the opening couple of rounds.

That style/skillset makes for some weird scoring.

So, while I completely disagree with the decision, I don't think it's THAT miserable of a decision.

You might have given him round 1 cause you know shit about MMA.

But i digressed, judges should be able to understand what`s going on in a professional fight.

If not let`s just put anyone there, for example, you, and have them judge the fight.

i'm not sure if i follow you. would you have given diego rd. 1 or not? i said "might"--i'm not all that committed to the notion.

Ok, IF SO - if you give Diego round 1: what about rounds 2 and 3?

see my post post above and the original post i quoted. i was not offering a judgment on who won the round, i was supposing what a judge might have seen that swayed him/her.

it was pretty obvious to me that diego lost the fight. but if diego keeps winning these weird decisions he must be doing something to impress the judges that the rest of us don't see.

"he appears active".... that right there is the flaw in the argument for giving Diego any round last night

yeah a lot of time he isn't really connecting or doing as much significant striking as spazzing out and putting the opponent in reverse.

i'm not sure if i follow you. would you have given diego rd. 1 or not? i said "might"--i'm not all that committed to the notion.

If you "might", from my understanding of the word MIGHT, you would or could`ve given him the first round based in any BS reason you "might" have had. That alone is a statement to your knowledge about MMA and ability to differ who was the one giving the ass kicking and who was the one taking it.

If you "might", from my understanding of the word MIGHT, you would or could`ve given him the first round based in any BS reason you "might" have had. That alone is a statement to your knowledge about MMA and ability to differ who was the one giving the ass kicking and who was the one taking it.

okay let's review the post you first responded to. and let's keep in mind that "might" is conditional and not certain.

i don't think diego won the fight, but he appears active. and he often closes out a round strong. so rd. 1 it seemed like nothing happened (vs. pearson) except diego had a flurry at the end. sometimes that's enough to get the nod.

i dont know how to explain the rest of the fight, but i might have given diego rd. 1.

okay, so notice i don't say diego won the fight in my mind. notice also the word "appears" (which doesn't mean the same thing as is). and then notice that when i say "sometimes that's enough to get the nod" I am not speaking about my views, i am speaking about the judges.

in sum, the post was an attempt to understand the judging, not my view of how the fight should be judged.

you misunderstood me.

Back