Diego Sanchez grappled evenly with Marcelo Garcia, Josh Koscheck ,Nick Diaz and Karo Parisyan!

You really believe anything Cerrone says? He is fake.
He seems like a pretty straight forward guy. Even when talking about himself. I think people just don't like what he has to say sometimes so they don't appreciate his honesty at times. He's been brutally honest describing his fights before and always seems like a straight shooter with his comments.

Surprisingly getting punched in the head to the point of having severe CTE will degrade your skills. Ask BJ who got KOd by a fat drunk or Chuck who couldn’t walk a straight line sober.

Diego submitted his ass in 40 seconds to Fabia in a different way which Cowboy mentions in this clip

IDC if Diego has a romantic relationship with Fabia but Cerrone isn't the dude to fight with that going on. Dude will through verbal punches at that shittt

I honestly don’t know what to think of it. Knee jerk reaction: it’s total BS that Diego’s putting out to make his new BFF look good.
He said that Fabia is 5'2" and about 130 lbs. I guess it's possible at this point, and condition of Diego, that Fabia had enough speed to pull it off. Also, it's been a long time since he faced the guys in the thread title. He's not nearly as good as he once was.

He said that Fabia is 5'2" and about 130 lbs. I guess it's possible at this point, and condition of Diego, that Fabia had enough speed to pull it off. Also, it's been a long time since he faced the guys in the thread title. He's not nearly as good as he once was.

Karo was an animal!

Super strong and very technical judo as well as sambo/wrestling skills to boot. He was subbing people around that time and Diego was able to hang in there.

Diego abandoned a lot of his grappling later in his career and turned into a brawler. He was a monster in his early UFC career.

Diego was a different man after his loss to Penn IMO. Gilbert melendez had 0 issue with Diego's wrestling when they fought.
Lolwut? Sanchez never had good wrestling.

That is true. Someone who’s knowledgeable and has speed could possibly snatch up a quick submission. Especially if his or her opponent is being lackadaisical.

Karo was an animal!

Super strong and very technical judo as well as sambo/wrestling skills to boot. He was subbing people around that time and Diego was able to hang in there.
I don't disagree at all. My comment was strictly regarding Diego's claim that Fabia tapped him in 40 seconds.

Diego isn't the fighter he was when he fought Karo, that's what I was getting at. I indirectly agreed with your OP in my post, I'm not sure how you thought I was discrediting Karo's skills.

I've been a fan of Diego since he debuted in King of the Cage in 2002. His grappling was incredible and he's one of the best fighters that never won a UFC title. I wasn't discrediting Diego either.

Did you reply to the wrong post?

I think he won a HS state title in wrestling.

As far as MMA wrestling, a HS state winner is pretty capable once they learn the submission game.

BULLSHIT!!!!

It lasted for 10 minutes and that was when Marcelo was at his very best!
Have you even watched the match? Or any of Marcelos career?

Diego only prevents Marcelo from advancing to the mount and back by spazzing wildly, which is what ultimately presents the armbar.

At several points Marcelo has a front headlock, Marcelo circa 2009 onwards would have choked Diego, or anyone his weight not named Kron Gracie for that matter, Victor Estima included, out cold.

Get your facts straight before calling bullshit fella, some of us around here might actually have been following closely.

Because Fabia is better than all of the people Diego grappled with…

Marcelo Garcia is a huge name in Brazilian jujitsu and grappling!?
In Marcelo's book he said he wanted to get some "time" and try somethings - I tend to believe that because as soon as Marcelo stepped it up he caught that arm bar really quickly.

Alot of people say Diego was on rounds early career.

Last edited:
I don't disagree at all. My comment was strictly regarding Diego's claim that Fabia tapped him in 40 seconds.

Diego isn't the fighter he was when he fought Karo, that's what I was getting at. I indirectly agreed with your OP in my post, I'm not sure how you thought I was discrediting Karo's skills.

I've been a fan of Diego since he debuted in King of the Cage in 2002. His grappling was incredible and he's one of the best fighters that never won a UFC title. I wasn't discrediting Diego either.

Did you reply to the wrong post?

Truth is, I was lining up my own experience with Diego as a long life martial artist and that means that I train in a manner were a progress is slow but the body stays strong and injure free. I fail to take in to account that Diego has many physical problems as do most professional fighters who take damage ( Floyd knew back then to train safe and smart) and that damage ends up diminishing them.

For a moment I assumed that Diego must be freakishly technical because the Karo fight was long ago and I failed to factor in damage that he took over a decade.

I agree, a fast individual can sub him but I still have a hard time believing Fabia can because I posted his boxing video of him hitting the mitts and he looked beyond shitty!

Truth is, I was lining up my own experience with Diego as a long life martial artist and that means that I train in a manner were a progress is slow but the body stays strong and injure free. I fail to take in to account that Diego has many physical problems as do most professional fighters who take damage ( Floyd knew back then to train safe and smart) and that damage ends up diminishing them.

For a moment I assumed that Diego must be freakishly technical because the Karo fight was long ago and I failed to factor in damage that he took over a decade.

I agree, a fast individual can sub him but I still have a hard time believing Fabia can because I posted his boxing video of him hitting the mitts and he looked beyond shitty!
I swear I'm not being an asshole in asking this, but I can't not ask.

You don't think Fabia could tap Diego because his boxing looks shitty?

Did you just say he hung with Marcelo Garcia? I don’t know what to say. And then you defended it. I just don’t. Know. What. To. Say.

Back