Diego Sanchez grappled evenly with Marcelo Garcia, Josh Koscheck ,Nick Diaz and Karo Parisyan!

Ogata

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Marcelo Garcia is a huge name in Brazilian jujitsu and grappling. Nick Diaz was known for his BJJ and a black belt under Caesar Gracie and Karo Parisyan is a solid world class judoka who was an alternate in 2004 judo Olympics. Also Josh Koscheck was an NCAA wrestler and one of the best in the country.

Yet Diego was able to grapple with them evenly and held his own and showed that he was on their level.

I just don't understand how he would get submitted by a guy like Fabia in 40 seconds!?

All joking aside, how do we know that he did? Has he said it in person, or was it posted? Because I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if Fabia has complete control over Diego’s social media.

All joking aside, how do we know that he did? Has he said it in person, or was it posted? Because I wouldn’t be a bit surprised if Fabia has complete control over Diego’s social media.
I Saw it boi​

He said it in person when he was being interviewed by Anthony Smith. Somewhere between the 10 to 15 minute mark of the 45 minute interview they did.

Marcelo Garcia is a huge name in Brazilian jujitsu and grappling. Nick Diaz was known for his BJJ and a black belt under Caesar Gracie and Karo Parisyan is a solid world class judoka who was an alternate in 2004 judo Olympics. Also Josh Koscheck was an NCAA wrestler and one of the best in the country.

Yet Diego was able to grapple with them evenly and held his own and showed that he was on their level.

I just don't understand how he would get submitted by a guy like Fabia in 40 seconds!?
This. This is a truly great, great thread.

Deigo has seemingly all but abandoned his grappling for the blood and guts approach he was using for a few years there. Even now, he tries to use the force more than his wrestling or bjj.

He said it in a recent interview. It's posted in the forum, probably still floating around on the first page. The interview was about 45 minutes, but the whole thing was fairly interesting. It was basically just Diego rambling the whole time, but interesting nonetheless.

Any version of Fabia smokes prime marcelo any day of the week.

He might be as good as
FERNANDO VASCONCELOS!

This. This is a truly great, great thread.

Thanks man, I really loved his fight with Nick Diaz and Karo Parisyan. Wish the Riggs fight would have lasted longer.

Deigo has seemingly all but abandoned his grappling for the blood and guts approach he was using for a few years there. Even now, he tries to use the force more than his wrestling or bjj.

Yes but at one point for the longest time he had world class grappling and that is not something that disappears.

Marcelo treated Diego like a child in that match. Diego celebrated getting his ass whooped. It was cringe.

BULLSHIT!!!!

It lasted for 10 minutes and that was when Marcelo was at his very best!

He said it in a recent interview. It's posted in the forum, probably still floating around on the first page. The interview was about 45 minutes, but the whole thing was fairly interesting. It was basically just Diego rambling the whole time, but interesting nonetheless.
I honestly don’t know what to think of it. Knee jerk reaction: it’s total BS that Diego’s putting out to make his new BFF look good.

Marcelo dominated Diego.

Nick Diaz was a purple belt during that fight.

Diego absolutely schooled nick Diaz at a time that nick Diaz had wah more experience and should have won, but instead got embarrassed for 3 full rounds

You really believe anything Cerrone says? He is fake.

Cerrone does talk shit but he is honest about the fact that Diego is been controlled by his lover Fabia.

Even a veteran like Rashad who has known Diego since TUF 1 has pleaded Diego to leave Fabia.

Cerrone is just saying what everyone in the MMA community knows already.

Back