Die Microsoft

what's wrong with buying OEM DT's?

I got an i5 monster with a tv tuner, BRD burner 2TB/8GB RAM for like 300 beans.

Maybe it's just personal preference. But I've always found that OEM PC's use the worst parts possible. Such as pegatron and other off/unknown brand type of parts. I never buy anything if isn't made by a top tier brand like Corsair or EVGA.

Road Runner (Time Warner Cable)

The support lady told me to dl Windows Live Mail (Essentials) . Said I can use POP3 on that. I don't really want to be forced to use another bloated Microsoft product so I think I'll just use RR's web mail until they get this sorted.

RR will never move to imap.

if you don't want to use live essentials....how about creating a gmail account and forward all your RR mail there?

LMAO at still buying OEM computers.

Build your own brah.

Not very hard anymore. It's like setting up legos. Back in the 90's though....

Not saying this is true of TS, but some people just aren't savvy enough. Sure, building isn't technically difficult, but you're forgetting that most OEMs come with tech support for issues beyond the build.

Well I guess u can make a thread about getting a Mac BC u know u want too

Pfft

Lol Thunderbird. You deserve it.

my philosophy is if you can get it for a good deal, you better grab it while you can.

never pay sticker price. don't be a Hank Hill

Lol @ your poverty thunderbird. I have my mail client built into my browser

#operaisawesome #winning

People can build their own computers at home now?!?

cavtrooper-70332-albums-misc-3673-picture-mother-god-super-troopers-26648.jpg

EDIT: In all seriousness though, how can I learn shit like this? I've had the same desktop since high school and I'm looking to get a new one.

Damn Win8 has a silly tiles desktop like a smartphone. Thankfully you can switch to your regular desktop.

Just got a new comp loaded with Win8. Tried setting up email client but guess what, Microshit did not build POP3 support into Win8 so now I have to check email on a webpage rather than my trusty Thunderbird.

Thanks asshats

Why do you even visit Sherdog anymore? I thought talking down to all those chickens would have provided you with an adequate therapeutic outlet.

Not saying this is true of TS, but some people just aren't savvy enough. Sure, building isn't technically difficult, but you're forgetting that most OEMs come with tech support for issues beyond the build.
Another great option is to scan eBay for gamer builds. Some guys make a small profit by purchasing all the parts and building the comps themselves, then selling them on eBay minus the bloatware. Even with the cut they have to pay eBay, and the profit they make themselves, you get 50% more computer for your dollar with them, and many of them also include the warranty on parts (you just have to double check this). Typically they'll come with a pirated version of Windows running, but it's fully cracked and functional. The only drawback is that you won't get a discount on an upgrade to the next Windows OS, and in the context of this thread, who would want Windows 8 over Windows 7?

Some enthusiasts also have a unquenchable desire to always have the "brand new". So they sell off comps that are 6-12 months old to offset the cost. I saw a used comp in "Like New" condition with a Sandy Bridge i7-2700k, GTX580, mid-level MSI MoBo, after market cooler, 16GB RAM, HDD, SDD, and DVD Burner go for less than $800. To have built an equivalent comp from the ground up, even with the newest hardware, at current retail, would have cost well over $1000.

Wow Win8 is overthought.

To shut down you have to mouse over to this thing called the Charm Bar. Click on Settings, then Power, then Shut Down

Nice, easy, intuitive. :/

Other than that love my new PC!

Lol Thunderbird. You deserve it.

hahahaha that's what I'm saying
My favorite email client that I ever used was Microsoft's Entourage X, which was a premium alternative to their Outlook software for Mac computers that integrated with Microsoft Office, but they abandoned it after 2008, and it was never compatible on Intel Macs or anything on OS X 10.5+.

I haven't used email as intensively as I did back then. I haven't needed anything from a client that the email hosts themselves don't offer these days.

Wow Win8 is overthought.

To shut down you have to mouse over to this thing called the Charm Bar. Click on Settings, then Power, then Shut Down

Nice, easy, intuitive. :/

Other than that love my new PC!

my career is in IT, but I haven't yet touched W8 (even though I've had it for a while)

does not alt + F4 work anymore?

LMAO at still buying OEM computers.

Build your own brah.

Not very hard anymore. It's like setting up legos. Back in the 90's though....

Don't give these mouth breathers too much credit.

Ever since I built my first rig... Never had something run so smoothly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back