"Didn't want to tap to a wrestler" (photo)

I'd think whether heel hooks are allowed or not in amateur mma fights would be more of an issue. I don't know if it's standard in every state (in the US) but when I've been to them kicks to the face were illegal as well as any punches to the head on the ground. I don't know what happened in this case (maybe he was cocky) but I would guess it's not uncommon in some fights people don't know they are in serious trouble when a heel hook is being applied. Meaning, if the rules aren't allowing certain strikes for the fighters safety I'm not sure it's such a stretch not to allow certain submissions, especially when there isn't a pain indicator before damage is done and the fighters may be white or blue belts.

Obviously the guy should have tapped and I don't know the story but overall I find it sad to see an image like that, especially for someone in an amateur show where he's most likely only getting a few bucks from ticket sales.

just a thread of a catch wrestler trying to make fun of the bjj guy.
nothing to do here...
have fun "wrestler"!

So what is the most likely injury there? Is it that his ankle is broken? Is it his knee and everything below the knee is turned sideways? Or something else?

I'm told it was from an inverted heelhook, so I would guess the knee is completely jacked.

I'm told it was from an inverted heelhook, so I would guess the knee is completely jacked.

oh god , those are nasty.By the look of it i guess he turned the wrong way...... :rolleyes:

As if I needed another reason to NOT pursue an ammy fight.

That is a really nasty looking injury. I sometimes wonder if ref stoppage on submissions should be allowed, at least in amateur events.

Submission grappling is submission grappling. If you fail to tap to a submission from philosophy x or y, you've definitely got something coming. o_0

Uh, ref stoppage IS allowed on subs, even in Professional Mixed Martial Arts. Too many examples to cite, really. Think Sylvia/Mir, Herb Dean officiating. - E

Oops

2ntl89c.jpg

From a recent amateur MMA event. I'm hoping to get more details, but the story I've been told is a BJJ guy "didn't want to tap to a wrestler".

so you post a picture of a horribly injured person just so you can say "stupid bjj guy. Yay Wrestlers rule!!!" wow

Back