• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Did you care that Izzy wasn't penalized

Heath Herring got DQ'd.
Paul Daley, barely connecting the sucker punch? He got cut.
There was one guy who put his foot down on a KOd opponent (Hulk style), not hurting him in the process. Cut.

The first two are far worse than this.
The third example... well, "there was one guy who..." doesn't count, lol.

Would've been understandable if he hot fined.
That said, i hope the people who want Izzy to be fined also want Rampage to be fined for dry-humping that reporter, which was MUCH worse than what Izzy did.

For the rape meme that he performed on a semi conscious Costa? Fighters have been cut for much less, fights have been turned into NCd. Izzy walked away.

UFC.gif

If you don't mind this act, what will your reaction be if Costa wins the rematch and gets to Izzy's face with his cock, simulating oral sex, to get even? Will you support it, encourage it?

Costa is never getting that rematch. I also wouldn't care.

I hope he earns a rematch and Izzy does it to him again.

It really was complete BS that he didn't get a fine for that

This is the right answer IMO.

You should get fined and then admonished by the UFC. Theres enough problems with the sport having legitimacy, this just sets everyone back.

For example...?

I think some guy made a "surprise sex van" joke (the details and wording escape me, as does the name of the fighter), and he was let go. It was pretty tame, too, if memory serves.

Heath Herring got DQ'd.
There was one guy who put his foot down on a KOd opponent (Hulk style), not hurting him in the process. Cut.
What did Herring do to get DQd?
Paul Daley throwing a sucker punch is drastically worse than dry humping someone lol you can't be serious.
No idea who you're talking about in the hulk thing.

Not in UFC and stomping on someone is illegal.

Stomps to the body arent illegal but any kind of strike after a stoppage is and it was obviously viewed as such. The Izzy hump wasnt as "impactful" shall we saw.
What did Herring do to get DQd?
Paul Daley throwing a sucker punch is drastically worse than dry humping someone lol you can't be serious.
No idea who you're talking about in the hulk thing.

Herring got DQ'ed for KOing somone in the face off before the fight started when they kissed him, as you say really nothing like that situation which was disrespectful.

Would've been understandable if he hot fined.
That said, i hope the people who want Izzy to be fined also want Rampage to be fined for dry-humping that reporter, which was MUCH worse than what Izzy did.
Wasn't that in a different country and org?

Come to think of it, he's done shit like that more than once.

This is the UFC and not other sporting events. It was fine. In the NBA, he deserves a fine.

Miguel Torres was released for this tweet "If a rape van was called a surprise van more women wouldn't mind going for rides in them" This was deplorable, but was it worse than Izzy physically pretending to rape Costa?

Torres was cut because UFC didn't like paying a guy on the downslope of his career a top performer salary. He was resigned not even a month later on a cheaper contract.

It's also worth mentioning Forrest Griffin made almost the exact same rape van joke without even a slap on the wrist. When it was pointed out that Rashad Evans openly mocked the multi-decade rape and molestation crimes at Penn state, Dana gave it a pass because he was just hyping up a fight.

The ufc does not a give a shit unless a serious physical injury occurs, and you don't make them a lot of money.

edit: i see my question has already been asked, and poorly answered.

this thread left us all dumberer. hopefully TS learned something though.

Last edited:
Stomps to the body arent illegal but any kind of strike after a stoppage is and it was obviously viewed as such. The Izzy hump wasnt as "impactful" shall we saw.

Herring got DQ'ed for KOing somone in the face off before the fight started when they kissed him, as you say really nothing like that situation which was disrespectful.

It was actually an NC.

Stomps to a downed opponent are illegal, although stomps in the clinch are allowed.

In this hypothetical situation I wouldn’t care. In the real life situation I didn’t care although Izzy probably should have been hit with a small fine.

When you talk the amount of shit Costa did pre fight then go out and get utterly embarrassed it it’s what it is and you reap what you sow

I would be mad if it was a great back and forth war like the Kelvin fight and Izzy did that.

But Costa's performance was shit he might have deserve it

It was disrespectful, but not every fighter is honourable. I thought the shit talk to Costa's corner men was worse to be honest

Heath Herring got DQ'd.
Are you talking bout when Herring punched the guy who kissed him during referee instructions at the beginning of the fight? The Daley sucker punch, that was actually a punch regardless of the impact? Daley deserved to get cut. Herring was provoked pretty blatantly. Dunno about the foot on the KO's opponent scenario. Izzy's disrespectful actions were an order of magnitude LESS than the examples you are talking about that I know of. Lest we forget, This is best DQ ever though:

gif-mma.gif

Back