Did Woodleys performance last night confirm why GSP chose to fight Bisping?

tenor.gif

GSP wants big money fights... even after this fight woodley no more known then next guy..... his for real tho... but only in MMA world no money in it...

Woodley loses to GSP 9/10 times. Woodley is not a name and irrelevant to GSP's legacy and also GSP is already the WW GOAT and wants to collect belts in 3 divisions. Fighting Woodley does nothing for him. This was also Wood's first good performance since he beat Lawler. He's normally like watching paint dry.

Are you dense TS or slightly spastic? Win a belt you ruled for years or win a belt in a new division, which would you choose?
Yes, Bisping was the weakest MW champ in recent history but he earned the belt by KTFO Rocksalt so his lineage was legit.

Are you dense TS or slightly spastic? Win a belt you ruled for years or win a belt in a new division, which would you choose?
Yes, Bisping was the weakest MW champ in recent history but he earned the belt by KTFO Rocksalt so his lineage was legit.
At least you can acknowledge he was cherrypicking the weakest MW champ ever.

I think it’s safe to say he wouldn’t have challenged for that belt had Rockhold/Romero/Whittaker been champion.

Because Woodley is a very dangerous counter striker with big time power. As soon as Till actually opened up he got dropped and raped on the ground.

Woodley has one punch in his arsenal. Nothing else. Literally nothing else. GSP would easily gameplan around that.

Woodley just beat a guy with zero ground game and suddenly hes the shit?4

He couldn't even take Till down. GSP would never fail a takedown on Till.

At least you can acknowledge he was cherrypicking the weakest MW champ ever.

I think it’s safe to say he wouldn’t have challenged for that belt had Rockhold/Romero/Whittaker been champion.
I don't think that's safe to say at all. I think he might have taken a fight with anyone but he might have dropped out when they realised his body wasn't dealing with the bulk up. He did only come in 3 lbs heavier than he normally does at WW.
I never said weakest champ ever, Bisping earned his title by knocking out Rockhold who was the lineal champ. Much better than getting handed the title after it was vacated/stripped and then losing it on the first defence attempt.

I like Woodly, he's fun to watch and he's got some weapons. GSP is smart to duck him and cherry pick which he's already known to do. Granted GSP is still the GOAT of WW. However, if Woodly can keep smashing dudes and make it look easy, he could be the WW goat.

Remember, GSP ruled the WW for years. Yeah he was boring AF to watch, Jab you to death and lay and praid for UD win. But he still won.

I do believe if GSP and Woodley fought back in the day, GSP would have played it safe, jab and point sparr. And do his lay and pray for a UD win.

Except he didn't and it's been proven

Dana refused to book the Woodley fight after his Maia fight

People just like to pretend it didn't happen

Amen!

I like GSP, I have no problem he cherry picked Bisping but it really bothers me how he always have to come with an excuse to don't look bad.

in the other hand GSP also owns the WW division, why he would come back to do the same thing he already did? I can't blame him for not wanting to be WW AGAIN but I think he should have stated it from the beginning

GSP is smart to duck him and cherry pick which he's already known to do.

GSP fought every single person they put in front of him for years without complaint or hesitation. Dana said he was the easiest champion to deal with because they'd pick a guy and GSP would sign.

He is the exact opposite of cherry picker, and he has never ducked anyone.

Has gsp ever fought a black fighter? He seems to avoid them imo.. a.sila. whitkar.. would avoid Yoel if he was champ at the time. Avoiding Woodly.. He seems to only fight fighters hes more athletic then and more explosive then. Any fighter with major hands gsp dont want no parts of.. which is why i find it funny ppl consider him goat..

I dunno who would win between the two of them, but GSP without a doubt ducked Woodley

I think GSP deserves more credit than even he probably gives himself. It's definitely a 50/50 fight though. Maybe actually slightly leaning towards Tyron. GSP doesn't want that, he's ducking.

GSP fought every single person they put in front of him for years without complaint or hesitation. Dana said he was the easiest champion to deal with because they'd pick a guy and GSP would sign.

He is the exact opposite of cherry picker, and he has never ducked anyone.

So he never ducked Anderson Silva when they were both Champs and in their prime? come on man. You should know. GSP easily could have made 185 and walks around more.

Then he goes and fights Bisping for the title??? Please

Woodley has one punch in his arsenal. Nothing else. Literally nothing else. GSP would easily gameplan around that.

Woodley just beat a guy with zero ground game and suddenly hes the shit?4

He couldn't even take Till down. GSP would never fail a takedown on Till.

As a GSP nuthugger, you know none of it is true. Woodley is the better striker, wrestler, and the more athletic between the two.

Woodley's beastly run has made people forget that other guy....what's his name again?

Now go, run Thunderstruck! Report and cry to the mods!!!! Run and cry!!! Hit that report button!!!

Being a two weight class champ over an easier opponent is sounds cooler than being the champ at the weight you once vacated.

GSP had the chance to shut up the guy who was claiming to be the WW GOAT... instead he chose to fight Michael Ping who had one foot out of the door ready for retirement. Then he vacated the belt a month later instead of honoring his contract to fight #1 contender Whittaker.

He cites colitis as his reasoning, yet now he wants to torture his kidneys and body more with a weightcut to 155lbs instead of returning to his healthy career weightclass, 170lbs.

Did last night just show how serious of a threat Woodley is to GSP’s legacy as WW GOAT? Woodley is closing in fast on the claim to that title.

Also, fact: Woodley is proven to be a better PPV draw than Bisping.
View attachment 433973
Have you seen gsp lately? He’s smaller than he was at WW, won’t have a problem with the cut, and arguably smaller than the bigger 55’ers of today.

He’s always said with his body type he has problems putting on mass, and with his restricted eating to help quench the colitis he’s gotten a lot smaller.

Let that sink in. And also think about how he has nothing left to prove at WW.

Woodley isn’t some destroyer that’s held the belt for close to as long as George did, putting a threat to George’s title run record in the class.

If that was the case maybe he would have some desire to end that run, but for now he’s just the current weight class title holder, who might not be much longer.

There is no point to make at WW, he already made a career proving he was the best WW ever. Now he’s shown he can get the MW strap too.

Let him go down and either take on the undefeated 55 title holder kahib, or McGregor and get three belts and make something new and exciting happen.

Back