Did Woodleys performance last night confirm why GSP chose to fight Bisping?

Njmma209

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
GSP had the chance to shut up the guy who was claiming to be the WW GOAT... instead he chose to fight Michael Ping who had one foot out of the door ready for retirement. Then he vacated the belt a month later instead of honoring his contract to fight #1 contender Whittaker.

He cites colitis as his reasoning, yet now he wants to torture his kidneys and body more with a weightcut to 155lbs instead of returning to his healthy career weightclass, 170lbs.

Did last night just show how serious of a threat Woodley is to GSP’s legacy as WW GOAT? Woodley is closing in fast on the claim to that title.

Also, fact: Woodley is proven to be a better PPV draw than Bisping.
AB72D041-7A59-4C6F-B6C4-CC416E218F91.jpeg

Last edited:
Prime Woodley beats any version of GSP imo.

Wood has great power, great striking, great wrestling, and good submissions. Styles make fights and GSP knows this.

I can't believe the disrespect shown to GSP... He has GOAT status!

giphy.gif

Gsp cherry picking at this point

I am the biggest GSP fan ever (as my name suggests)

Unfortunately I would have to concede that T-Wood would flatline any version of him in the 1st round. Poor Georges wouldn't even get a chance to tap to strikes before he was snoozing on the canvas

Not at all. GSP didn't want to make that cut and wanted a new higher prestige belt. He now goes down as a former MW champion with the likes of Anderoid Silva and Chris Weidman.

I've always liked him but Woodley isn't much of a draw or high profile fight.

Just watched the fight then. Fuck me why does everyone since Robbie fight Tyron with no aggression? Tills game plan was fucking horrendous. ONE shot landed. I know Colby is a massive douche but he at the very least wont come out scared shitless like the past 4.

I absolutely think that he thought that Bisping was the easier match up and I agree. But, I don't think we can really make much of a judgement based off of the Woodley/Till fight. GSP is a very different fighter than Till.

Jake Shields beat him why can't Bisking. The Bisking that KG beat was an anomaly.

Jake Shields also took two rounds standing off a Prime GSP. He’s no slouch.

Woodley would’ve KO’d Bisping in round 1 if they fought when GSP/Bisping happened.

Back